Old Jul 03, 2011, 07:11 PM
AMA L647662 - IEQF
Spokane, WA
Joined Sep 2006
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy70 View Post
Your screw must be REAL tight then.

A wide, stubby flat-blade screw driver should do the trick, and yes, turn it CCW to loosen...
Thanks for quick response. Yeah it's not coming loose, it's like the fan adapter collet is turning on the shaft and I can't get it loose.
rlorimor is offline Find More Posts by rlorimor
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 03, 2011, 07:54 PM
Hold my Beer and watch this!
USA, MA, Brockton
Joined Sep 2007
291 Posts
Max 42A, settled around 39A
silent_guru is offline Find More Posts by silent_guru
Old Jul 03, 2011, 09:28 PM
Take that runway!
United States, AZ, Glendale
Joined May 2005
218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlorimor View Post
Thanks for quick response. Yeah it's not coming loose, it's like the fan adapter collet is turning on the shaft and I can't get it loose.
I put the fan unit in the freezer for an hour. Pieces contracted differently and it came loose.

Jim
jim12 is online now Find More Posts by jim12
Old Jul 05, 2011, 10:04 AM
USA, MA, Brockton
Joined Sep 2007
291 Posts
Finishing up the assembly of my meteor this morning. I bought the pnp version. The main gear are only long enough to fit under one of the hold down straps on the leg. Also, it did not come with the connector as shown in the manual for the nose wheel steering/rudder. Can I use a Y connector or do I need a reversing Y connector?

Thanks
-Jeff
Old Jul 05, 2011, 10:14 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
why don't you just mix it in an extra channel???
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Jul 05, 2011, 11:17 AM
USA, MA, Brockton
Joined Sep 2007
291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
why don't you just mix it in an extra channel???
Ya, my seven channel will handle that. And I get to learn a new radio skill
Old Jul 05, 2011, 01:45 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
nice..
Old Jul 05, 2011, 04:55 PM
I feel the need...
Orange County
Joined Feb 2011
459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robusp View Post
I am running 4s 5000.
Only difference between them and 3600 is run time. And of course batt location.
I cut away stop on the bottom of tray to slide them as far back as I could.

Another thing they come out room temp, 3600 are pretty warm.

Rob
Wow, you guys are putting 5000mAH lipos in this plane? I'm using 2650mAH (albeit 5S) and find the balance just right. The plane still likes to come in fast for landings because of the weight.

I actually stalled it once before (broke the nose) because I wanted to push the approach to the slowest possible.
Azn_Ace is offline Find More Posts by Azn_Ace
Old Jul 06, 2011, 12:40 AM
Takeoff=Option Landing=Must
USA, NY, Depew
Joined Jan 2009
800 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azn_Ace View Post
Wow, you guys are putting 5000mAH lipos in this plane? I'm using 2650mAH (albeit 5S) and find the balance just right. The plane still likes to come in fast for landings because of the weight.

I actually stalled it once before (broke the nose) because I wanted to push the approach to the slowest possible.
I like the run time. In 7 min of wot I'll use abot 3600mAh.
I had to cut away foam stop for the battery to slide the big pack about 1 inch farther back. 3600 mAh pack goes to the forward stop.
Rob
robusp is online now Find More Posts by robusp
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Pulsar 3.2E Competition Pro
Old Jul 06, 2011, 12:43 AM
Joined Dec 2010
885 Posts
I was running 3.6's was about the biggest I would want to go. I get 5 solid mins with plenty in reserves for an extra landing pass or two.
Mizchief is offline Find More Posts by Mizchief
Old Jul 06, 2011, 03:44 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
mine hasn't arrived yet. Thats what you get when you choose shipping method for the poor
Old Jul 07, 2011, 07:04 PM
Central Ohio
Joined Apr 2009
210 Posts
Finally got to maiden mine this weekend. WOW!! Fun stuff!! Flew on 5S3000, balanced at Habu CG. Took off like a rocket, and flew great! Wide open throttle, she eats up a lot of territory. I had added flaps, and split the ailerons to add in differential. She flew great, and landing was uneventful at half flaps. Now I still have to install the retracts, and she will be complete..................I also have the Dynam T-28 and Turbo Jet.This company knows how to build these foamys!!!!!
fotowiz is offline Find More Posts by fotowiz
Old Jul 07, 2011, 08:27 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
on the 3th hk post marked this plane as sent. Yesterday my ips tracking said that it was send abroad that day (yesterday) its going to take 1 month or more to get it
Old Jul 10, 2011, 12:48 AM
To Have & To Hold
Joined May 2010
100 Posts
What are some of the speeds you guys are hitting? On 4S and On 5S? Thanks.
Percivale is offline Find More Posts by Percivale
Old Jul 10, 2011, 04:43 AM
TakeOff=optional,Landing= Must
Australia, Melbourne
Joined Jul 2010
427 Posts
Hi guys, 1st post for me in this section.
I have an LX F16 70mm EDF jet and have been reading/posting on the Banana Hobby 70mm F-16 w/ Vectored Thrust section. I have never been happy with the LX jet, have spent countless hours trying to modify & improve the model which I was sucked into buying because of it beautiful scale looks & retracts but has been nothing but a a pain in the rear end. Yesterday I crashed the F16 and will now probably repair it & remove all the non essential stuff to save weight & use it as a belly lander to try new tricks on.
Before getting the F16, I was keen on the foam Habu & also came across the Meteor.
I'd love to get a composite EDF jet but am not yet ready (buget & confidence) so i'd like to get a decent foam EDF under my belt 1st. The Meteor seems good value for money. I have read mostly postive reviews on this jet and would apprieciate some advise from other owners. I have some 5s 2200 30c batteries already from the F16, are these too small for the Meteor? Where is the best/cheapest place to buy the plane?
Thanks.
fg1972 is online now Find More Posts by fg1972