HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 18, 2011, 10:29 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,141 Posts
All you have to do to fix the ESC is to teach your ESC the throttle limits. Put the throttle stick to full up then plug in the lipo, the ESC will beep two times, then immediately drop to full down throttle, the ESC will beep again then arm. Now it knows your DX8 throttle range.

Don
The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2011, 05:02 PM
Lubbock, TX
Joined May 2008
467 Posts
Thanks

Thanks all,

I will apply all that you suggested for the DX8 makes more sense now that I think about. This is one fun aircraft on 4s. Looking foward to maidening my 100 th Annaversity Habu when the wind is right. Today wind study at 30 mph with gusts up to 60 mph dust storms driving with lights on Hi beams.

Not a good to fly even a kite! Good day to watch golf or a good WWII flying move like the War Lover or 633 Squadron.

Thanks again especially The Don

NFG
Navy Fly Guy is offline Find More Posts by Navy Fly Guy
Old Jun 19, 2011, 05:20 PM
birmingham Al.
Joined Aug 2005
1,186 Posts
Ok I maidened mine today .it flew great just a couple clicks of up elevator .The meteor flew every bit as good as the Habu ,same flight characteristic from take off too landing .I had a blast flying them both.The rebel 70 flew very simular to the first two mentioned.3 big winners with them all .I flew them all stock .I would say any of these planes will make you happy
killer vtwin is offline Find More Posts by killer vtwin
Old Jun 20, 2011, 04:49 AM
soKali, Chino
Joined Mar 2010
172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
congrats on your maiden man
your problem on the dx8 seems like throttle travel.. bind it again and pull the throttle back and also pull the throttle TRIM full back until the motor arms... then unplug everything and set your throttle end points with the nomal esc programming procedure with the trim a normal position.
5volts for the dx8 is normal ... it hs 4 AA batts sothats yis half the volatage...
should i do this with my dx6i too??
jjh24 is offline Find More Posts by jjh24
Old Jun 20, 2011, 05:01 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
well... If you get the same reactin by the esc ..yes
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Jun 20, 2011, 08:32 AM
Takeoff=Option Landing=Must
USA, NY, Depew
Joined Jan 2009
818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjh24 View Post
should i do this with my dx6i too??
On any Tx.

Rob
robusp is offline Find More Posts by robusp
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Pulsar 3.2E Competition Pro
Old Jun 20, 2011, 08:49 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
oookay.. This is taking waaaayyyy too long
Check my trackng numbe CP168626745CN and you will know what i mean
That is what you suffer to save some herd earned cash...
I need to become richer...
Old Jun 20, 2011, 08:36 PM
soKali, Chino
Joined Mar 2010
172 Posts
HAHAHA....rookie mistakes...i just wanted to FLY!!..minor damage..back in the air!!

Dynam Meteor jet crash (3 min 54 sec)

but that last lil jump flip....still really surprises me?!?...lol watch out for those

trying to me the speed right
jjh24 is offline Find More Posts by jjh24
Old Jun 27, 2011, 02:03 PM
Hold my Beer and watch this!
USA, MA, Brockton
Joined Sep 2007
291 Posts
Hi all,

I ordered one of these PNP from Nitroplanes and it is coming Friday. I also ordered two Blue Lipo 4s 2650mah batteries but I messed up and ordered 20c instad of 30c. I have a long weekend because of the 4th Holiday and really want to fly this. Will I be OK with the 20c or am I asking for trouble?? I notice the RTF comes with a 25c battery.

Thanks in advance for your advice
-Jeff
silent_guru is offline Find More Posts by silent_guru
Old Jun 27, 2011, 02:48 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
I ordered mine so long ago and it's still comming..
if it's real 20 then it can give you 53 amps + the burst. don't stress them with long full throttles otherwise they are going to come down hot or puffy. but of what i hear the blue lipos are of very good quality despite their low price.

but better go with 30c or 3300mah 20-30c which will balance your plane better and give more flying time. PErsonally I'm going to fly with 4000mah 45c 4 and 5s
Old Jun 27, 2011, 02:53 PM
Hold my Beer and watch this!
USA, MA, Brockton
Joined Sep 2007
291 Posts
Quote:
I ordered mine so long ago and it's still comming..
if it's real 20 then it can give you 53 amps + the burst. don't stress them with long full throttles otherwise they are going to come down hot or puffy. but of what i hear the blue lipos are of very good quality despite their low price.

but better go with 30c or 3300mah 20-30c which will balance your plane better and give more flying time. PErsonally I'm going to fly with 4000mah 45c 4 and 5s
Thanks Pavcon. I have some Blue Lipos that I fly in my 3D electric planes and they have performed very well. I will take it easy on the throttle this weekend and then order up some 5s batteries next week
silent_guru is offline Find More Posts by silent_guru
Old Jun 27, 2011, 03:10 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent_guru View Post
Thanks Pavcon. I have some Blue Lipos that I fly in my 3D electric planes and they have performed very well. I will take it easy on the throttle this weekend and then order up some 5s batteries next week
carefull with 5S.. my setup is with a 100amp ESC that cnburst up to 150
because my amp draw on 5s is 137 amps
the stock stuff are going in my LX-F-22
Old Jun 27, 2011, 03:45 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
Quote:
carefull with 5S.. my setup is with a 100amp ESC that cnburst up to 150
because my amp draw on 5s is 137 amps
the stock stuff are going in my LX-F-22
Wow! Is that with the stock EDF Fan unit?
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
Last edited by Melnic; Oct 10, 2011 at 12:36 PM.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 04:56 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
no ofcourse not.. HET6904
Old Jun 27, 2011, 11:06 PM
Joined Jun 2011
10 Posts
Notice of issues and solution if it applies to your setup.
Link to info
Hope it helps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy Fly Guy View Post
After seven trips to the flying field I finally said "To Hell With It" and Maidened my Meteor in an 18 mph 10 degree crosswind off the nose. Tookoff and climbed out like a homesick angel. Needed about 1/4 trim. Landing was a little tricky but the last correction at anout 3 inches landed on all three gear smooth as silk! Luck NOT pilot skill. I will take an OK three wire everytime!

I did have an interesting problem piror to the first launch. My transmitter is a new Spectrum DX8 with an AR600 receiver and the "Stock" Meteor electronics. When I plugged in the 3300 lipo 4s, the esc went through the normal "song" except the esc would not arm the motor?? It had a continious beeping for over a minute or more but no power. The controls would "Wipeout" as normal but not the motor. Replaced the battery with the same results except this time there were some strange things going on with the control surfaces....moving up/down but not returning to zero. The transmitter was reading 5.0 volts with the first battery and 4.9 when the second battery was installed in the aircraft. I have NOT been able to determine just what the reading should be for a fully charged transmitter battery on the DX8??? My DX7 will read abour 11.2 V when it is fully charged.

I rebind the Meteor to the DX7 at the field and went back to the first battery. Bind and music went as expected with the motor ready to go. I taxied it out and did a couple of power runs down the runway to check nosewheel steering and tracking then as a 20 ++ gust came through said @#%$# and launched. Wow What a great plane/deal for $105 US dollars!

Anyone got any ideas what is going on with the DX* transmitter? Need some help here guys.

NFG
nvtwist is offline Find More Posts by nvtwist