SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 13, 2011, 10:47 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim12 View Post
Getting off the speed topic for a moment, I've been frustrated with a Changesun nose gear from HK and was looking for someone who may have gone down this path. Here is what I've done after reading related posts here and in other threads.

I have a DX 7 with orange 6-channel receiver. Both main gears retract smoothly. The nose moved down once then froze down. Several hours later it retracted then extended but froze down again and there it stays. No click, no buzz.

I've varied the EPAs from 90% to 150% in ten point increments. Mains work, nose -- no. Checked the subtrims in the radio. Set to zero. Checked the receiver battery I'm using to test -- 5.6 volts on the multimeter. Fresh out of ideas. Don't think I want to mess with sending a $12 part back and am considering taking it apart to see if something is unsoldered or blackened. Before surgery does anyone have a suggestion?

I've got the mains to install yet and some company coming and a trip so the reorder process shouldn't set me back too long. I want to get this bird into the air!!

Cheers,
Jim
had the same issue with a changesun nose gear again.
i sent it back. and they just credited the amount.. no replacemnt sent. that would have costed them more :P you knwo.. HK unexistent CS.
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 13, 2011, 10:49 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,148 Posts
I got my Meteor finished today. It is the stock fan which I dynamically balanced and will fly on 5S 3000 lipo. I also will hand launch so did not install the landing gear and removed the steering servo. I also reduced the tailpipe with a "nip and tuck" down to about 2.25" exit diameter. Hope to maiden in the next day or two.
The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 13, 2011, 10:50 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don View Post
I got my Meteor finished today. It is the stock fan which I dynamically balanced and will fly on 5S 3000 lipo. I also will hand launch so did not install the landing gear and removed the steering servo. I also reduced the tailpipe with a "nip and tuck" down to about 2.25" exit diameter. Hope to maiden in the next day or two.
nice now I'm waiting for mine to arrive
Old Jun 13, 2011, 11:15 PM
United States, IA, West Des Moines
Joined Jan 2010
673 Posts
I really want to put a 5s on my meteor but im not good at balancing the fan. Can anyone help?
rcplanes1234 is online now Find More Posts by rcplanes1234
Old Jun 13, 2011, 11:20 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcplanes1234 View Post
I really want to put a 5s on my meteor but im not good at balancing the fan. Can anyone help?
buy a HET fan.. it's really cheap for the quality and comes balanced. I sometiems prefer it than the wemo at 1/3 of the price (or maybe less)
Old Jun 14, 2011, 01:14 AM
Melbourne , Australia
Joined Jun 2006
330 Posts
Pavcon, I just receive my Meteor in good condition so there is a hope for you
Andrew
Baca is offline Find More Posts by Baca
Old Jun 14, 2011, 02:39 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Baca.. I already have my tracking number and it was dispatched from China.

Btw do you have the slightest Idea what does baca mean in Japanese?
If not it's the same thing as BLAKA in Greek but spells and souns like VLaka
Old Jun 14, 2011, 03:13 AM
Melbourne , Australia
Joined Jun 2006
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
Baca.. I already have my tracking number and it was dispatched from China.

Btw do you have the slightest Idea what does baca mean in Japanese?
If not it's the same thing as BLAKA in Greek but spells and souns like VLaka
I don't give a ... It mean something in Polish
Baca is offline Find More Posts by Baca
Old Jun 14, 2011, 05:56 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
haha... ok ..
Old Jun 14, 2011, 03:25 PM
birmingham Al.
Joined Aug 2005
1,186 Posts
ordered one pnp should be here on the 17th sayith the tracking info but Im still gettin the habu and I already have the hobby lobby rebel 70 wich is a simular sport jet ,I normally dont go for nonscale plane but the rebel 70 flies so go now im hooked and yea I will probibly get a conceptx from nitro eventho some reports have been unkind to it most times it pilot error or set up .
killer vtwin is offline Find More Posts by killer vtwin
Old Jun 14, 2011, 03:41 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer vtwin View Post
ordered one pnp should be here on the 17th sayith the tracking info but Im still gettin the habu and I already have the hobby lobby rebel 70 wich is a simular sport jet ,I normally dont go for nonscale plane but the rebel 70 flies so go now im hooked and yea I will probibly get a conceptx from nitro eventho some reports have been unkind to it most times it pilot error or set up .
one guy at the filed who always bring real turbine jets brought a habu this time.
He;s old school and what he said after his first 5 flights was.. I could never imagined that I could have so much fun with something that costs less than 150euro

The plane flies great but the problem is still there. COOLING IS POOOOOR... and I mean poor. the foam around the ESC already got that lizzard skin (or how ever you wanna call it) it needs some serious mods to cool it's electronics. His batteries were some 2700mah he had from some old plane rated 30c. barely enough and they were comming down erally hot. HE said he was expecting some new 3300 40c packs.

i remember when I went to the field for the first time with an electric plane and everybody had glow planes and petrol. They said that what i had was a toy and nothing more..

now even a 65inch TOY is flying there. 3 meteors 3 habus and they are about to be 4 meteors..

God I love electrics :P and I also love it when the old school guys come to me for hints about their newly assembled electrics. especially when I saw 2 meteors and 1 habu flying it was a blast. dog fights to it's limit. even inflight collissions that fortunately didn't cost a plane.

cn't wait for mine now to join them. Actually I did once with my 50mm AMX flying on 4S and I was faster :P because they are all flying stock. next step is to get them to modify theirs.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 03:59 PM
birmingham Al.
Joined Aug 2005
1,186 Posts
I switched to electrics and sold all but one nitro .The electrics make it easier to expieriment with a lot of planes and not break the bank .and if you fly foam itsa lot better to do stuff with a hundred dollar plane than a thousand dollar plane ,so goes the pucker factor.im with you Pavcon I am enjoying the hobby ten fold with electrics opposed to gas/nitro.i like bringing five to eight planes to the field and flying them all .I have everything from ww1 to jets and bombers and micros.the folks at the field usullay only bring 1 or 2 planes and they are always fussing with them and tuning and what not.I get out there and i fly my ass off .god love us
Old Jun 14, 2011, 04:29 PM
Takeoff=Option Landing=Must
USA, NY, Depew
Joined Jan 2009
818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer vtwin View Post
I switched to electrics and sold all but one nitro .The electrics make it easier to expieriment with a lot of planes and not break the bank .and if you fly foam itsa lot better to do stuff with a hundred dollar plane than a thousand dollar plane ,so goes the pucker factor.im with you Pavcon I am enjoying the hobby ten fold with electrics opposed to gas/nitro.i like bringing five to eight planes to the field and flying them all .I have everything from ww1 to jets and bombers and micros.the folks at the field usullay only bring 1 or 2 planes and they are always fussing with them and tuning and what not.I get out there and i fly my ass off .god love us
+1
Totally agree with you.
I wish I had more room in my car.

Rob
robusp is offline Find More Posts by robusp
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Pulsar 3.2E Competition Pro
Old Jun 14, 2011, 06:32 PM
Joined Dec 2010
885 Posts
Yep, I show up with a sack full of batteries, fly all my birds back to back for an hour or two then go home. In the same time the gas guys might get in 2-3 flights and hour and hang out at the club all day.
Mizchief is offline Find More Posts by Mizchief
Old Jun 14, 2011, 09:19 PM
birmingham Al.
Joined Aug 2005
1,186 Posts
its just plain sick how much these are is'nt it folks