HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 01, 2011, 04:33 PM
Joined Jan 2009
640 Posts
Oh boy... I just got another meteor. So here is the deal. My first meteor I screwed up adding retracts. At the time, the meteor was sold out on nitroplanes so I got a replacement wing. A couple days went by and I got the great idea of ordering a Habu airframe. I got the Habu and wrecked it when I had a receiver glitch. So that day I noticed that the RxR meteor was in stock so I ordered the full RxR meteor. After I did that, I noticed that the Habu really wasn't all that broken so I fixed it.
So now I have a Habu, Meteor and a Meteor wing.... I think I have a problem.
I have a MB-1/edf combo on my Habu but its really amp hungry. ANy suggestions on another 70mm fan/edf combo?
Now i'm going to have a bunch of 70 mm meteor fan/motor and esc's sitting around.
ciscovet is offline Find More Posts by ciscovet
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 01, 2011, 04:34 PM
To drive or to fly......BOTH!!
USA, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2007
6,216 Posts
RCplanes, Try locating a friend that might have one of the mentioned programming cards. It sounds like something is out of sync. The ESC could have been messed with while at the factory and setting it to default should cure it. But on the flip side of things there are the occassional bad ones that slip through as with anything electrical.

Jason
FresnoJay is offline Find More Posts by FresnoJay
Old Jun 01, 2011, 07:46 PM
United States, IA, West Des Moines
Joined Jan 2010
690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FresnoJay View Post
RCplanes, Try locating a friend that might have one of the mentioned programming cards. It sounds like something is out of sync. The ESC could have been messed with while at the factory and setting it to default should cure it. But on the flip side of things there are the occassional bad ones that slip through as with anything electrical.

Jason
Its only 6 bucks. I will just buy it. I will also get a different esc. Was the one I posted above good for this plane? Thanks!!!
rcplanes1234 is offline Find More Posts by rcplanes1234
Old Jun 01, 2011, 07:59 PM
To drive or to fly......BOTH!!
USA, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2007
6,216 Posts
RCplanes, I do not have any experience with that unit. But if it performs according to specs it should be fine.

Jason
FresnoJay is offline Find More Posts by FresnoJay
Old Jun 01, 2011, 08:41 PM
Joined Jan 2010
690 Posts
Quote:
RCplanes, I do not have any experience with that unit. But if it performs according to specs it should be fine.

Jason
Ok thanks for the help. I will let you guys all know how it goes!
Old Jun 02, 2011, 02:57 AM
soKali, Chino
Joined Mar 2010
172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
yes i can confirm that. With ot without the satelite the boxed one has more range. Actually the sat doesnt add any range on the rx. Its for more reliable signal
thanks...thats great to know
jjh24 is offline Find More Posts by jjh24
Old Jun 02, 2011, 03:24 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscovet View Post
Oh boy... I just got another meteor. So here is the deal. My first meteor I screwed up adding retracts. At the time, the meteor was sold out on nitroplanes so I got a replacement wing. A couple days went by and I got the great idea of ordering a Habu airframe. I got the Habu and wrecked it when I had a receiver glitch. So that day I noticed that the RxR meteor was in stock so I ordered the full RxR meteor. After I did that, I noticed that the Habu really wasn't all that broken so I fixed it.
So now I have a Habu, Meteor and a Meteor wing.... I think I have a problem.
I have a MB-1/edf combo on my Habu but its really amp hungry. ANy suggestions on another 70mm fan/edf combo?
Now i'm going to have a bunch of 70 mm meteor fan/motor and esc's sitting around.
alloy DPS 4s from HK
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Jun 02, 2011, 01:35 PM
Joined Jan 2010
690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjh24 View Post
thanks...thats great to know
I have one of the orange rx;s in my meteor and it works fine i have a sat in there too
Old Jun 02, 2011, 02:58 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcplanes1234 View Post
I have one of the orange rx;s in my meteor and it works fine i have a sat in there too
i can confirm that this orangerx is a gem to have. Even tried it in a funjet and its just fine even at 140mph without the sat
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Jun 03, 2011, 12:45 AM
Joined Jan 2010
690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
i can confirm that this orangerx is a gem to have. Even tried it in a funjet and its just fine even at 140mph without the sat
Yea i usually don't fly an expensive plane without sat, but I like the feeling that my model is safe.
Old Jun 03, 2011, 03:15 AM
Fresno CA
Joined Jul 2006
1,745 Posts
Quote:
Well here is my Meteor mid personality change .

Jason

P.S. No I am not going after the Habu 32 look. She is not done yet hence the Mid change statement.
Looks good Jason! I love black and red, classic colors! Hey there that old SkyRay, someday I'll build another.

Blue Skies...................Tim
RWCLOUD is offline Find More Posts by RWCLOUD
Old Jun 03, 2011, 11:29 AM
Joined Jan 2010
690 Posts
Ok does anyone know where the correct cg is on this thing? The manual claims its right at the leading edge of the wing. I don't believe that. A guy on youtube said it was where the wheels mounts to the wing. What do you guys think.
Old Jun 03, 2011, 12:43 PM
Tom Para
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Joined May 2003
1,203 Posts
Where the wing meets the fuselage measure back 4.25 inches. This is where I fly mine. There was no need to increase the elevator throw on my Meteor.
Tom in Cincy is offline Find More Posts by Tom in Cincy
Old Jun 03, 2011, 01:33 PM
Joined Jan 2010
690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom in Cincy View Post
Where the wing meets the fuselage measure back 4.25 inches. This is where I fly mine. There was no need to increase the elevator throw on my Meteor.
What kind of throw are you getting like 3/4in? Im thinking of around a little over 1/2
Old Jun 03, 2011, 06:35 PM
Custom Crasher
USA, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Jan 2010
770 Posts
I asked Grayson about the built in BEC in the cards they offer and was informed that they are not switchmode so I will not use one of those.
I asked for that information on the RCPowers board
lowkeylaidback is offline Find More Posts by lowkeylaidback