HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 31, 2011, 11:42 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcplanes1234 View Post
What about one of hobbykings? I just want the fan unit not the motor. I want to be able to pop the motor it came with onto a different fan. Does any one know how to get the fan off the motor because i cant get it.
again.. HET6904 it's sold separately from the motor.
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
to remove ads between posts
Old May 31, 2011, 11:44 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FresnoJay View Post
Use a standard or flat head screw driver to get the spinner off. Then the fan rotor slides right off. Then you will be able to get to the fan motor screws.

As far as a replacement fan goes you can use a HET 6904 or a Wemo 480 Pro. The HET is the cheaper of the 2 and niether should require balancing.

Jason
+1 .. I prefer the HET over the wemo. it's cheaper.. a lot cheaper has 4 blades which makes it the blades stiffer and it also draws less amps. the wemo though might give a little more thrust. but we are talking peanuts
Old Jun 01, 2011, 12:11 AM
British Columbia, Canada
Joined Jul 2009
280 Posts
[QUOTE=pavcon;18385613]try [url]www.RCwarez.com

Thanks ...I will give them a try
scoby1 is offline Find More Posts by scoby1
Old Jun 01, 2011, 01:45 AM
To drive or to fly......BOTH!!
USA, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2007
6,187 Posts
Pavcon, Believe it or not in testing I have done the Wemo actually pulls less amps than a HET. As its the Wemo blades that tend to be softer or flex more than the HET. HET fans tend to also actually produce more thrust and higher speeds because of the lack of blade flex. This has also been shown by others that have played with both fans. This is however in the 70mm fans but the 90mm units seem to be the opposite from what I have read.

Jason
FresnoJay is offline Find More Posts by FresnoJay
Old Jun 01, 2011, 02:01 AM
Melbourne , Australia
Joined Jun 2006
324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
Pavcon, don't hold your breath, I order one and paid almost 3 weeks ago on 13 of May and still nothing and i'm in Australia, it's a joke.

Andrew
Baca is offline Find More Posts by Baca
Old Jun 01, 2011, 05:05 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baca View Post
Pavcon, don't hold your breath, I order one and paid almost 3 weeks ago on 13 of May and still nothing and i'm in Australia, it's a joke.

Andrew
oh no.. I ordered from them my Meteor
Old Jun 01, 2011, 09:54 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
got an answer from Rob regarding my order

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorrock
Pavlos,
It was at the time that Andrew ordered that we started to change to our new shipper to allow us to offer Surface shipping along with reducing price for our EMS shipping.
This has lead to some delays in getting orders shipped as we work out process issues with the new company. However this is now sorted and we are moving order out the door as we speak. As the surface shipping is brand new, I dont have an exact time to provide the tracking number is its differnt to ems.
Be assured your order is leaving as soon as possible.

Rob
Old Jun 01, 2011, 02:00 PM
United States, IA, West Des Moines
Joined Jan 2010
650 Posts
Ok so I just got a dynam meteor in the mail. Everything is working fine except the motor/esc. The motor will run fine bellow half throttle but anything above half it will slowly start back off power. The only way I get full power is if I punch the throttle really fast, but i get full throttle for very brief and it slowly starts comming back down. The only time this activity is happening to me is when i run out of battery in flight. The battery I am using is a blue lipo 3000mah 4cell 40c. Could this be a esc programing issue? I have tried setting my max throttle setting by putting the stick all the way up and then plugging the battery in, but that did not work. Thanks any help would be great!!!
rcplanes1234 is offline Find More Posts by rcplanes1234
Old Jun 01, 2011, 02:01 PM
Joined Jan 2010
650 Posts
Also the battery is fully charged.
Old Jun 01, 2011, 02:27 PM
Watch for flying foam!
Las Vegas, NV.
Joined May 2009
381 Posts
Quote:
Ok so I just got a dynam meteor in the mail. Everything is working fine except the motor/esc. The motor will run fine bellow half throttle but anything above half it will slowly start back off power. The only way I get full power is if I punch the throttle really fast, but i get full throttle for very brief and it slowly starts comming back down. The only time this activity is happening to me is when i run out of battery in flight. The battery I am using is a blue lipo 3000mah 4cell 40c. Could this be a esc programing issue? I have tried setting my max throttle setting by putting the stick all the way up and then plugging the battery in, but that did not work. Thanks any help would be great!!!
Quote:
Also the battery is fully charged.
Sounds like an ESC problem. Could be the timing in the ESC is set wrong. A friend of mine had a Dynam/detrum esc in his corsair and it was having the same symptoms you are describing. He tried different batteries, different motors and still had the same issue. He switched ESCs and cured the problem.
Captain Ron is online now Find More Posts by Captain Ron
Old Jun 01, 2011, 02:42 PM
Joined Jan 2010
650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
Sounds like an ESC problem. Could be the timing in the ESC is set wrong. A friend of mine had a Dynam/detrum esc in his corsair and it was having the same symptoms you are describing. He tried different batteries, different motors and still had the same issue. He switched ESCs and cured the problem.
Should I get a new esc or try the programing card?
Old Jun 01, 2011, 02:45 PM
Joined Jan 2010
650 Posts
Would this be a good esc?
http://www.graysonhobby.com/catalog/...ecb-p-746.html
Old Jun 01, 2011, 02:57 PM
Custom Crasher
USA, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Jan 2010
748 Posts
check your timing on the ESC and if that does not fix it contact who you got it from and get another, I use those in a couple of EDF's now and only one had to be reset, I use a Turnigy program card and set it to low and all is good now
Any hobby wing, turnigy, detrum ESC program card will work
lowkeylaidback is online now Find More Posts by lowkeylaidback
Old Jun 01, 2011, 03:01 PM
Joined Jan 2010
650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowkeylaidback View Post
check your timing on the ESC and if that does not fix it contact who you got it from and get another, I use those in a couple of EDF's now and only one had to be reset, I use a Turnigy program card and set it to low and all is good now
Any hobby wing, turnigy, detrum ESC program card will work
I tried programing it with the beeps but it was so hard to do. Isnt low timing default. Also did this problem happen to you?I will buy esc and a card and if its the esc i have one and if its the programming i can return the esc. Also would this be a good esc?

http://www.graysonhobby.com/catalog/...ecb-p-746.html
Old Jun 01, 2011, 03:16 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
ESC timing. ESC cut off setting if the load is too much and the battery not so good and it slows down
could also be a bad ESC in general