HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 30, 2011, 04:53 PM
Takeoff=Option Landing=Must
USA, NY, Depew
Joined Jan 2009
782 Posts
What a day in WNY.
I was at the local club fly in.
Mine was the only edf jet, but still had fun. Best part was the huge parking lot next to the flight line for easy take offs and even easier landings. Every one of them greased.
I also figured what was wrong with my batteries shifting position mid flight.
My packs have velcro stuck to them, but its the wrong one. Its the soft one. Thats why it doesn't stick to the strap. I didn't have any velcro with me, so I rotated the strap.

After the fly in I met up with couple of friends at local boys club, where we sometimes fly.
Here I got to beat again Habu speed wise. I wonder if its something wrong with his jet. They are both about same age, but he is running 4000mAh 40-70c packs, I am running 5000 mAh 20c. The difference is pretty noticeable.

We had fun anyway, trying to do low passes in front of flight line in formation.
Great plane.
Rob
robusp is online now Find More Posts by robusp
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Pulsar 3.2E Competition Pro
to remove ads between posts
Old May 30, 2011, 10:21 PM
United States, IA, West Des Moines
Joined Jan 2010
660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robusp View Post
What a day in WNY.
I was at the local club fly in.
Mine was the only edf jet, but still had fun. Best part was the huge parking lot next to the flight line for easy take offs and even easier landings. Every one of them greased.
I also figured what was wrong with my batteries shifting position mid flight.
My packs have velcro stuck to them, but its the wrong one. Its the soft one. Thats why it doesn't stick to the strap. I didn't have any velcro with me, so I rotated the strap.

After the fly in I met up with couple of friends at local boys club, where we sometimes fly.
Here I got to beat again Habu speed wise. I wonder if its something wrong with his jet. They are both about same age, but he is running 4000mAh 40-70c packs, I am running 5000 mAh 20c. The difference is pretty noticeable.

We had fun anyway, trying to do low passes in front of flight line in formation.
Great plane.
Rob
I get my plane 2 morrow in the mail. What kind of throws are you using. I had the habu and sold it because the price is unbeatable.
rcplanes1234 is offline Find More Posts by rcplanes1234
Old May 30, 2011, 10:58 PM
Takeoff=Option Landing=Must
USA, NY, Depew
Joined Jan 2009
782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcplanes1234 View Post
I get my plane 2 morrow in the mail. What kind of throws are you using. I had the habu and sold it because the price is unbeatable.
I am taking off and landing on 50% and flying on 100. Max on links setup and radio.
For the elevator I removed some of the foam around the linkage to get enough throw.
Sweet plane. They do look the same, but thats were it stops.
Its faster, runs cooler and its la ot cheaper. In my book thats a winner.

Rob
robusp is online now Find More Posts by robusp
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Pulsar 3.2E Competition Pro
Old May 30, 2011, 11:31 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,437 Posts
I was at a field an hour from my house. Don't know the battery setups, but I know the 2 were stock and the Dynam flew faster for sure. I think the habu guy spent all his $$ at the LHS and he bought those bats. The Dynam guy I recall said he had a sky Lipo
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
Last edited by Melnic; Oct 17, 2011 at 02:09 PM.
Old May 31, 2011, 09:41 AM
Joined Jan 2010
660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robusp View Post
I am taking off and landing on 50% and flying on 100. Max on links setup and radio.
For the elevator I removed some of the foam around the linkage to get enough throw.
Sweet plane. They do look the same, but that's were it stops.
Its faster, runs cooler and its la ot cheaper. In my book that's a winner.

Rob
How many inches was the throws. I had a habu but crashed it the first flight because I had 1/4in on the elevator throw. I was during on my downwind and i spiraled it into the ground. I put more throw on it the next flight and it flew just fine. Thanks!
Old May 31, 2011, 09:42 AM
Joined Jan 2010
660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melnic View Post
I was at a field an hour from my house. Don't know the battery setups, but I know the 2 were stock and the Dynam flew faster for sure. I think the habu guy spent all his $$ at the LHS and he bought those bats. The Dynam guy I recall said he had a sky Lipo.
yes the meteor is a little faster then the habu.
Old May 31, 2011, 08:52 PM
Joined Jan 2010
660 Posts
Got the meteor and all is good except the fan unit. It gets some vibration on about 30% to 40% power. Everything above that is fine but why is it like this. I know it the balance. What brand/unit can i buy to upgrade and get one that does not do this. Thnks!
Old May 31, 2011, 09:20 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcplanes1234 View Post
Got the meteor and all is good except the fan unit. It gets some vibration on about 30% to 40% power. Everything above that is fine but why is it like this. I know it the balance. What brand/unit can i buy to upgrade and get one that does not do this. Thnks!
Personally I trust the HET6904. tested it at very very high rpm without even balancing it.. just right outside of the box I but a 4130kv hoffman on 5s.

maybe it will push a little less thrust than the wemotec but still it will draw less amps. and I;m not sure if the wemo could have taken that RPM

did I mention that it also sounds great?
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old May 31, 2011, 09:41 PM
Global Hobby Store
Brisbane
Joined Jan 2007
1,116 Posts
I've been thinking of getting one and stuffing one of these into it... Just to see how fast it would reach before the g-forces ripped it apart... I mean 2.9kg of thrust is insane in one of these...
rorrock is offline Find More Posts by rorrock
Last edited by rorrock; May 31, 2011 at 10:18 PM.
Old May 31, 2011, 09:53 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
this is going 3.5kg on a special mega motor. will you spend that much?
btw I remember I saw this somewhere but I can't recall ... I just remember that it said about the mega motor and also had another setup witha HET 2w-20 that was pushing 1.8kg of thrust on 4s
Old May 31, 2011, 10:03 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
oh it's your page http://www.rcwarez.com/skyworld-het-...ombo-p-55.html

could you please make a video with testing that 3.5kg fan ? I really want to hear how it sounds.. expecting a stumax like sound only a bit screammier

EDIT: oh and 6.5pounds of thrust is 2.9kg not 3.5
Last edited by pavcon; May 31, 2011 at 10:16 PM.
Old May 31, 2011, 10:30 PM
British Columbia, Canada
Joined Jul 2009
280 Posts
Can anyone tell me where i can buy a Meteor that can be shipped to Canada?

I tried to order one today from Nitroplanes, but they say it cannot be shipped to Canada as its to big.

Thanks
scoby1 is offline Find More Posts by scoby1
Old May 31, 2011, 11:17 PM
Joined Jan 2010
660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
Personally I trust the HET6904. tested it at very very high rpm without even balancing it.. just right outside of the box I but a 4130kv hoffman on 5s.

maybe it will push a little less thrust than the wemotec but still it will draw less amps. and I;m not sure if the wemo could have taken that RPM

did I mention that it also sounds great?
What about one of hobbykings? I just want the fan unit not the motor. I want to be able to pop the motor it came with onto a different fan. Does any one know how to get the fan off the motor because i cant get it.
Old May 31, 2011, 11:23 PM
To drive or to fly......BOTH!!
USA, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2007
6,196 Posts
Use a standard or flat head screw driver to get the spinner off. Then the fan rotor slides right off. Then you will be able to get to the fan motor screws.

As far as a replacement fan goes you can use a HET 6904 or a Wemo 480 Pro. The HET is the cheaper of the 2 and niether should require balancing.

Jason
FresnoJay is offline Find More Posts by FresnoJay
Old May 31, 2011, 11:42 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoby1 View Post
Can anyone tell me where i can buy a Meteor that can be shipped to Canada?

I tried to order one today from Nitroplanes, but they say it cannot be shipped to Canada as its to big.

Thanks
try www.RCwarez.com