Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 19, 2011, 04:07 PM
Melbourne , Australia
Joined Jun 2006
326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
how can others send it?
I know a friend that bought it from NP when the kit was in stock.. also by usps.
I don't know what's goin go n in the us but some ppl are getting different prices for the same stuff. it's unbelievable. oh and NP will also ship to cyprus but they are out of KIT versions.
Hi Pavcon, try this one
http://www.rcwarez.com/meteor-habu-clone-pnp-p-18.html

Andrew
Baca is offline Find More Posts by Baca
to remove ads between posts
Old May 19, 2011, 05:04 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
hmm this is 110 euro shipped for the PNP version and still I'm gonna be left with a bunch of electronics.
:/ I really don' twant any more 70mm EDF units hanging around. especially the stock MEteor . it's going to need some work balancing and stuff..

And with the 2330watts that I ittend to fly this thing the elevator servo is definetely going Metal Gear.
if there was only a kit version somewhere. but now you got me thinking as the difference is just 20euro from the kit at the lhs
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old May 19, 2011, 05:11 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
ok back again. RCwarez won' tlet me checkout. The checkout system says that I should contact them for shipping options while the estimation system says 47aud... :/
Old May 19, 2011, 06:43 PM
Joined Dec 2010
885 Posts
if your doing your own electronics anyway, just pickup the Habu airframe kit. It's a full ARF and is of better quality. With the Meteor you always run the risk of shipping damage as well since it has poor packing.
Mizchief is offline Find More Posts by Mizchief
Old May 19, 2011, 09:38 PM
Global Hobby Store
Brisbane
Joined Jan 2007
1,116 Posts
Guys,
I used to be able to get the kit only, however recently dynam has removed the option to do that.. I'm working on getting access to it again though...

Rob
RCwarez
rorrock is offline Find More Posts by rorrock
Old May 19, 2011, 10:51 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizchief View Post
if your doing your own electronics anyway, just pickup the Habu airframe kit. It's a full ARF and is of better quality. With the Meteor you always run the risk of shipping damage as well since it has poor packing.
a friend of mine has both. I really can't tell the difference between the two in terms of flying characteristics. but i can tell you this. The meteor comes down coolert. Always. He gruns both on delta v edf units but the cooling of the dynam model is so much better than its actual original model

now Rob what about my checkout procedure?
Old May 19, 2011, 10:53 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
ok sorry. Just saw robs email. Its 93dollars for shipping so... No meteor frm warez either
+ i want to add that its getting abit frustrating too. Only 1 shipping option and it says its 37usd + 2.7kgs and shipping price rises to 93dollars. No way its that much. As far as i know the plane weights less than 1kg. Unless they ship a phonebook with the plane this should weight less than that.
Last edited by pavcon; May 19, 2011 at 11:32 PM.
Old May 21, 2011, 11:12 AM
Joined Dec 2010
885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
a friend of mine has both. I really can't tell the difference between the two in terms of flying characteristics. but i can tell you this. The meteor comes down coolert. Always. He gruns both on delta v edf units but the cooling of the dynam model is so much better than its actual original model

now Rob what about my checkout procedure?
I'm guessing you mean the ESC? I modded mine to mount the ESC on the bottom by removing the plastic exhaust and cutting a little foam out for the capacitors to sit in nice.

Seems like just about everyone had at least some shipping damage with the Meteor, some worse than others, and also if your on the Habu airframe you can actually get replacement parts vs. having to by a whole airframe each time with the Meteor
Mizchief is offline Find More Posts by Mizchief
Old May 21, 2011, 11:22 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizchief View Post
I'm guessing you mean the ESC? I modded mine to mount the ESC on the bottom by removing the plastic exhaust and cutting a little foam out for the capacitors to sit in nice.

Seems like just about everyone had at least some shipping damage with the Meteor, some worse than others, and also if your on the Habu airframe you can actually get replacement parts vs. having to by a whole airframe each time with the Meteor
try ebay nitroplanes graysonhobbies. They all carry meteor parts
Old May 22, 2011, 09:51 AM
Takeoff=Option Landing=Must
USA, NY, Depew
Joined Jan 2009
782 Posts
I flew yesterday few times.
It is a rush when you go from Cessna Corvalis or from Extra 300 or from Radian Pro

One guy had Habu and my Meteor was faster. Both were stock. Maybe because I was running 5000mAh and he ran 4000.
We didn't try against his Habu 32. Hi is in the middle of setting up craw to use for braking.
I had an idea, what if I have another servo with a half round piece which I can swing over the exhaust and deflect the air?
I got to try it.
Plane lands awesome, but if you have limited runway you're in trouble.
I had to use grass at the end 3 out of 4 times to slow it down. I don't thing this is very good on landing gear.

Rob
robusp is offline Find More Posts by robusp
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Pulsar 3.2E Competition Pro
Old May 22, 2011, 08:26 PM
Retired USAF EOD
Greeneville, TN
Joined Feb 2009
141 Posts
Yeah, I ripped my landing gear off a few times. Of course, I fly in a mowed hay field This is a very sturdy plane and takes quite a beating.
kgalen is online now Find More Posts by kgalen
Old May 22, 2011, 08:30 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
12,969 Posts
I spent a looooong time today trying to balance the stock fan unit. Best I can get is smooth from about 40-100% throttle below 40% is shakes and I can not get rid of it but who uses 40% throttle anyhow :-)

Sounds really nice on the 5S lipo!

Don
The Don is offline Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
Old May 22, 2011, 09:48 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
And I'm left with the landing gear.. the power system. the lipos. the servos and no plane yet..
Old May 25, 2011, 03:57 PM
United States, IA, West Des Moines
Joined Jan 2010
660 Posts
Does this plane fly well with a sky lipo 3000mah 4 cell 40c. Im just wondered about the cg. Thanks!
rcplanes1234 is offline Find More Posts by rcplanes1234
Old May 25, 2011, 04:04 PM
Joined Jan 2009
640 Posts
The Meteor kit (RxR) is back in stock at nitroplanes.
ciscovet is offline Find More Posts by ciscovet