HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 16, 2011, 05:58 AM
Norway
Joined Dec 2004
189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melnic View Post
is that the single antenna one in the orange box or the dual antenna that is the 6110e clone? I have both, but I was told the single antenna with orange box actually had more range.
It is the single antenna in orange box. I actually also have a satellite for it but never installed it :-)
Helgeo is offline Find More Posts by Helgeo
to remove ads between posts
Old May 16, 2011, 06:32 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
the boxed one is more like an ar6200 though because of the sat. Its also afull range receiver
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old May 16, 2011, 12:52 PM
To drive or to fly......BOTH!!
USA, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2007
6,216 Posts
Bill, If you go back through the thread most that have run the stock setup on 5S gave numbers in that range. The stock 60A ESC at least in the one I and a few others have has pointed towards it being identical to a Turnigy 60A Plush which in my experience is a fairly robust ESC. I have used many of them and have thoroughly abused/tested them with great success. So by all indications this ESC on 5S in the 55-60A range should be just fine especially with it in the ducting for cooling.

Jason
FresnoJay is offline Find More Posts by FresnoJay
Old May 16, 2011, 05:12 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,279 Posts
My Meteor arrived today!

Don
The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
Old May 16, 2011, 05:55 PM
JOHN 3:16
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don View Post
My Meteor arrived today!

Don

I didn't think you had any more room for new stuff Don!
Sammy70 is offline Find More Posts by Sammy70
Old May 16, 2011, 06:07 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,279 Posts
I don't! I plan on selling some stuff very soon

Don
RCG Plus Member
Old May 17, 2011, 02:15 AM
soKali, Chino
Joined Mar 2010
172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkdurrett View Post
what does that mean..when the sides are starting to scrape?..very new to edf??...how much should a lhs charge to balance your motor and edf if you dont have the tools and know how?..or can you do this with out tools..with homemade stuff..thanks
jjh24 is offline Find More Posts by jjh24
Old May 17, 2011, 02:15 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Don.. I think that you should stock some Meteor Kits
Nice.. going into 70mm
Old May 17, 2011, 02:17 AM
soKali, Chino
Joined Mar 2010
172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helgeo View Post
I fly mine with a DX7 and the 6 channel Orange DSM2 rx from HK, have not had any issues. The Meteor is so small that you will loose sight of it before you get out of range. But please do a range check on your setup before you try it
sweet...thanks Helgeo..will do!!!
Old May 17, 2011, 02:35 AM
soKali, Chino
Joined Mar 2010
172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizchief View Post
I finally got one of the magnetic fan balancers and finally got my fan balance properly. No more buzzing at 1/4 throttle!
is this all i need to balance the motor and edf??
Old May 17, 2011, 02:45 AM
soKali, Chino
Joined Mar 2010
172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
I cut slits in the inner plastic and then slightly bent it inward. I started on one side and worked my way around the tail cone sliding a little on at a time and then once it was on I pushed the entire cone on tight. I then used tape to hold it on. It wasn't easy, but it worked.
there is a small peice of the cone sticking up on the inside of the tube... should i tape it down..or try and cut it down
Old May 17, 2011, 04:12 AM
Takeoff=Option Landing=Must
USA, NY, Depew
Joined Jan 2009
826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjh24 View Post
there is a small peice of the cone sticking up on the inside of the tube... should i tape it down..or try and cut it down
When I was installing my cone, I noticed the same thing. In couple of spots cone was not flush with foam. I trimmed it shorter and installed whole cone on silicone. Then I used silicone to create smooth transition.

Rob
robusp is offline Find More Posts by robusp
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Pulsar 3.2E Competition Pro
Old May 17, 2011, 09:33 PM
Joined Dec 2010
885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjh24 View Post
is this all i need to balance the motor and edf??
Pretty much. I never really had the knack for balancing the motor, I think you stick a piece of tape on it then spin it up then move the tape to see if it gets better then when you find the right spot, build up CA on it until it's stops vibrating.

on the fan you just need something that will let it spin free without much friction. The EDF's are so light you need the magnetic one so that one end of the rod is suspended in mid air by the magnetic field. Then you spin it to find the bottom it always settles at, then build up tape or CA inside the cone until it balances out and you can spin the fan and have it rest in a different spot each time, or at least as close as you have the patience for

Oh and you have to unscrew the motor mount and shift it around a bit so the fan has the same clearance on all sides.
Mizchief is offline Find More Posts by Mizchief
Old May 17, 2011, 11:31 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
Don.. I think that you should stock some Meteor Kits
Nice.. going into 70mm
I will tell you the box is VERY large. The only way I think to ship to you would be to shorten the fuselage somehow to make it a more shippable friendly box.

As far as going to go to 70mm I was going to put a lander DPS into it but seeing how you all say the stock fan runs on 5S OK. I ordered two 5S packs and will balance the fan so it runs smooth then have some fun with it. I am probably going to ditch the gear and hand launch it.

Don
RCG Plus Member
Old May 18, 2011, 01:59 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don View Post
I will tell you the box is VERY large. The only way I think to ship to you would be to shorten the fuselage somehow to make it a more shippable friendly box.

As far as going to go to 70mm I was going to put a lander DPS into it but seeing how you all say the stock fan runs on 5S OK. I ordered two 5S packs and will balance the fan so it runs smooth then have some fun with it. I am probably going to ditch the gear and hand launch it.

Don
all the Lander Fans I had so far were all very well balanced...no rubbing no vibrating no nothing. so I don't think you need balancing

But i'm already used to paying 40-70 usd shipping from us. they are still cheaper than europe.
USPS Air 10-20 days is the cheapest way by far.
BHs website always overcharges me btw. The webpage gets the shipping price directly from USPS but when the shipping ticket is issued it's always cheaper and they always refund me. So if you try to get the price electronically its always a higher price than the actual..
Have this in mind