HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 30, 2011, 05:32 AM
Retreating Blade Stall
United States, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Apr 2011
3,291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutha View Post
I seem to have very little elevator movement ... is this normal or have I done something wrong??
Unfortunately that is normal but you can fix. You will want to trim a little foam away where the elevator pushrod is - that will help. Also consider upgrading to a better metal gear servo for the elevator.
Arcturus97 is online now Find More Posts by Arcturus97
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2011, 08:41 AM
Hold my Beer and watch this!
USA, MA, Brockton
Joined Sep 2007
291 Posts
[QUOTE=mutha;20269313]I seem to have very little elevator movement ... is this normal or have I done something wrong?? [/QUOTE

On mine I had to remove some of the foam behind the elevator pushrods under the vert stab to get full movement.
silent_guru is offline Find More Posts by silent_guru
Old Dec 30, 2011, 10:00 AM
Cottonwood Arizona
Joined Aug 2003
590 Posts
Back in stock at Grayson

Just ordered one - they are back in stock at Grayson Hobbies! Can't wait!
topher39 is offline Find More Posts by topher39
Old Dec 30, 2011, 05:37 PM
Bass Cannon kick it! "WUB WUB"
Australia, NSW, Sutherland
Joined Dec 2010
2,644 Posts
Back from 5S maiden!

Woohoo No smoke! Had a good 5 mins out of a 5S 3000mah battery and still have about 40% left. Did a few good passes at WOT.

So happy!
cloaked is offline Find More Posts by cloaked
Old Dec 31, 2011, 03:47 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
10,865 Posts
I have been too 'scared' to try 5S in case it smokes it! I am not too fussed over the ESC or motor, but if it fries/kills the ESC and the BEC too and then the Meteor becomes a real meteor.... unguided missile. I haven't made the effort to put in the seperate BEC I have. Plus the nose retract is not quite completed.
Hopefully all to be finished in a few days when I get some more time for the Meteor.
I also want to (maybe, or not, right away too) change the elevators to run from twin servos mounted in the body sides instead.
PeterVRC is online now Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 31, 2011, 06:06 AM
RC Airplane (Recently Crashed)
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jan 2011
2,885 Posts
Elevator

thanks for the advice folks ... once again these forums provide a wealth of knowledge

Oh and Happy New Year to all.
mutha is offline Find More Posts by mutha
Old Dec 31, 2011, 08:50 PM
Retreating Blade Stall
United States, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Apr 2011
3,291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC View Post
I have been too 'scared' to try 5S in case it smokes it! I am not too fussed over the ESC or motor, but if it fries/kills the ESC and the BEC too and then the Meteor becomes a real meteor.... unguided missile. I haven't made the effort to put in the seperate BEC I have.
I've been scared of 5S too - because the first time I tried it the motor smoked in the first 30 seconds of flight - however I think the motor was not centered. Whatever the reason my 5S battery went months without being used but today I charged it up and put it in the Meteor. It flew great!
Arcturus97 is online now Find More Posts by Arcturus97
Old Dec 31, 2011, 09:52 PM
To drive or to fly......BOTH!!
USA, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2007
6,197 Posts
For the interest of the 5S questions. I fly my meteor on 5S and have been for a bit. Also I bought the Meteor power combo and put it in an Airpower F-20 (foam/wood/fiber glass) model. Has several flights on 5S as well.

Jason
FresnoJay is offline Find More Posts by FresnoJay
Old Dec 31, 2011, 10:19 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,998 Posts
airpower f20 is that like the het f20?
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Dec 31, 2011, 10:39 PM
Sydney Australia
Joined Sep 2003
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FresnoJay View Post
For the interest of the 5S questions. I fly my meteor on 5S and have been for a bit. Also I bought the Meteor power combo and put it in an Airpower F-20 (foam/wood/fiber glass) model. Has several flights on 5S as well.

Jason
What sort of current do you get with the Meteor motor/ESC on 5S?

Regards

Tom Watson
Sydney Australia
tommywatson is offline Find More Posts by tommywatson
Old Jan 01, 2012, 03:58 AM
To drive or to fly......BOTH!!
USA, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2007
6,197 Posts
CN, Yes its also called the AFA F-20. They look darn near identical.

Tommy, I am getting 59A peak and it settles to around 55 or so. With the ESC in the intake its all good to go. I fly with no separate BEC just the onboard one on the ESC. In the F-20 I put the ESC in the tailpipe so it sees the same type of cooling. I have 3 flights ont he F-20 and at least a dozen in the Meteor. Now that I have 3 5S packs they flight number will rack up rather quickly.

Jason
FresnoJay is offline Find More Posts by FresnoJay
Old Jan 04, 2012, 05:06 AM
Jacksonville, Fl.
Joined Jan 2010
981 Posts
After losing my Meteor to a radio brown out several months ago, I was very dissappointed to see Nitro not carry this bird anymore. Thankfully Grayson Hobby now has them. Living in N. Florida, this is a good thing for me. So I pulled the trigger on another Meteor. I also have ordered a Change Sun 10 blade fan unit from RC Castle. Has anyone tried this fan, or am I going to be the first?
Strongbow is offline Find More Posts by Strongbow
Old Jan 04, 2012, 05:32 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
After losing my Meteor to a radio brown out several months ago, I was very dissappointed to see Nitro not carry this bird anymore. Thankfully Grayson Hobby now has them. Living in N. Florida, this is a good thing for me. So I pulled the trigger on another Meteor. I also have ordered a Change Sun 10 blade fan unit from RC Castle. Has anyone tried this fan, or am I going to be the first?
Someone on the LX-22 thread has on 5s on the stock meteor motor.. But I think that 5s is a lot of load..
today I received mine. not going to test soon though
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Jan 04, 2012, 08:43 AM
Cottonwood Arizona
Joined Aug 2003
590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
As posted by "Allelectric" on the Venom F-86 70mm thread see below. I am a firm believer of the Stock Dynam fan (once balanced) on 5s - hard to go wrong.

Change Sun 10 blade rotor:

I posted these results on the LX A-10 thread, but I can't remember if I posted them here or not. In case I didn't here they are:

"Okay Ladies and Gents, today I got a chance to try the new CS 10-blade fan in a real live plane. I'm sorry to report I am disappointed with this combination, but keep in mind, it might give better results with a 1900-2100Kv motor. I used my Cyclone 2500Kv motor on 4s and then 5s.

First, this is the standard (and this is important) I use to compare all 70mm fans with: Change Sun 70mm housing, Delta 5-blade fan, Cyclone 2500Kv motor on 6s in Meteor:

90 mph
37 amps
795 watts
21.5 volts

CS 10-blade using Cylone 2500Kv in Meteor:

4s:

82 mph
42 amps
621 watts
14.76 volts

5s:

93 mph
54 amps
939 watts
17.4 volts

Bottom line, IMO, is these blades look good and sound good (but not that much better), but they are amp hogs. If I can get my hands on a lower Kv motor to test these blades with on 6s, I'll post the results."

- John
topher39 is offline Find More Posts by topher39
Old Jan 04, 2012, 11:56 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...239621&page=65
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon