HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 26, 2011, 06:53 AM
Joined Mar 2004
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
OMG rcmtl.. read better.. we are talking about the cobra the rebel and the sports jet.. WAKE UP
I was not referring to your post but the post #1550.
rcmtl is offline Find More Posts by rcmtl
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2011, 10:51 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmtl View Post
I was not referring to your post but the post #1550.

I KNEW THAT ehehehehehe..
dance of embarassment
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Oct 27, 2011, 07:06 AM
EDF Junkie
San Antonio, TX
Joined Jul 2010
471 Posts
I inherited my Meteor jet from a friend a few weeks back, put it together last week and did the maiden flight yesterday.

It was probably the easiest maiden ive ever done in the edf ground launch catagory. Even with a slighty across head wind the take off was straight, steady, and smooth with a gradual climb.

CG was perfect with the chosen location for my NanoTech 2650 4s 35-70c batteries. It needed 10 clicks of down elevator and that was it. Speed was nice. This is a very stable jet in the air and on the ground. She came in nice and smooth for my first landing attempt and afterwards I even did several touch and goes.

After getting her all trimmed out during the maiden I flew her with one more 4s battery and next up was the 5s flight performance.

Takeoff with the Sky Lipo 4000 5S 30c battery was pretty much the same however I did forget to bring the flaperons up from the previouse flight so I think that had something to do with the ease of the launch. There was plenty of elevator authority during the entire flight from launch to landing and the speed and climb on 5S in very nice.

Im so glad my friend decided to part with this one and make me the new owner. He still has his meteor since the one he gave me was his backup so Ill be looking forward to some formation flying. All in all this is a very nice EDF jet and Im very glad to have it in my fleet.

Happy flying!
FoamJunkE is offline Find More Posts by FoamJunkE
Last edited by FoamJunkE; Oct 27, 2011 at 11:31 AM.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 10:14 AM
John
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Mar 2011
436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by foamjunke View Post
i inherited my meteor jet from a friend a few weeks back, put it together last week and did the maiden flight yesterday.

It was probably the easiest maiden ive ever done in the edf ground launch catagory. Even with a slighty across head wind the take off was straight, steady, and smooth with a gradual climb.

Cg was perfect with the chosen location for my nanotech 2650 4s 35-70c batteries. It needed 10 clicks of down elevator and that was it. Speed was nice. This is a very stable jet in the air and on the ground. She came in nice and smooth for my first landing attempt and afterwards i even did several touch and goes.

After getting her all trimmed out during the maiden i flew her with one more 4s battery and next up was the 5s flight performance.

Takeoff with the sky lipo 4000 5s 30c battery was pretty much the same however i did forget to bring the flaperons up from the previouse flight so i think that had something to do with the ease of the launch. There was plenty of elevator authority during the entire flight from launch to landing and the speed and climb on 5s in very nice.

Im so glad my friend decided to part with this one and make me the new owner. He still has his meteor since the one he gave me was his backup so ill be looking forward to some formation flying. All in all this is a very nice edf jet and im very glad to have it in my fleet.

Happy flying!
happy for you! Sad for me!!! I want one!!!
jk671 is offline Find More Posts by jk671
Old Oct 28, 2011, 05:30 PM
Low rates are for wimps
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined May 2008
3,403 Posts
New store carrying them - SN Hobbies: http://www.snhobbies.com/product_inf...oducts_id=3595
bwoollia is online now Find More Posts by bwoollia
Old Oct 31, 2011, 11:06 AM
John
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Mar 2011
436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoollia View Post
New store carrying them - SN Hobbies: http://www.snhobbies.com/product_inf...oducts_id=3595
I can imagine that they'd get a lot of business from us the the states.
jk671 is offline Find More Posts by jk671
Old Oct 31, 2011, 01:03 PM
Custom Crasher
USA, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Jan 2010
769 Posts
Sent an email to SN Hobbies this morning about a replacement fuse shipped to Florida, looking for cost of the part and shipping, will post what I find out.
lowkeylaidback is offline Find More Posts by lowkeylaidback
Old Nov 01, 2011, 07:41 AM
Custom Crasher
USA, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Jan 2010
769 Posts
Response from SN Hobbies

Hello,

Yes we will be selling the fuselage later. Sorry I have no idea yet as how much would be the cost to ship it to US because we do not know yet the actual weight and dimension of the box. Thank you for your inquiry.

Delfin

So we will have a parts option, I am happy even if it is going to cost me an arm and a leg for shipping.
lowkeylaidback is offline Find More Posts by lowkeylaidback
Last edited by lowkeylaidback; Nov 01, 2011 at 07:20 PM.
Old Nov 01, 2011, 09:20 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
at last.. received my dremel tool today.. I will star working on the MEteor now
retracts = first job
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Nov 09, 2011, 06:56 PM
Bass Cannon kick it! "WUB WUB"
Australia, NSW, Sutherland
Joined Dec 2010
2,644 Posts
So I jumped on the Meteor Bandwagon.

Should be arriving tomorrow, just in time for the weekend.

Not to find all the mandatory mods required, add a UBEC and test out those Dodgey HK electronics. Hopefully its all the stock gear from Dynam and Ill just replace all the servo's with some HXT 900's.
cloaked is offline Find More Posts by cloaked
Old Nov 09, 2011, 07:28 PM
Joined Aug 2011
808 Posts
Cloaked, look forward to seeing what your review is on this jet compared to the t45 hawk. I have been eyeing of this meteor as well
Please advise how you find the stock electronics perform.
jim350 is online now Find More Posts by jim350
Old Nov 09, 2011, 07:45 PM
To Have & To Hold
Joined May 2010
100 Posts
Oh great. I need a new fuselage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowkeylaidback View Post
Hello,

Yes we will be selling the fuselage later. Sorry I have no idea yet as how much would be the cost to ship it to US because we do not know yet the actual weight and dimension of the box. Thank you for your inquiry.

Delfin

So we will have a parts option, I am happy even if it is going to cost me an arm and a leg for shipping.
Percivale is offline Find More Posts by Percivale
Old Nov 09, 2011, 07:45 PM
Bass Cannon kick it! "WUB WUB"
Australia, NSW, Sutherland
Joined Dec 2010
2,644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim350 View Post
Cloaked, look forward to seeing what your review is on this jet compared to the t45 hawk. I have been eyeing of this meteor as well
Please advise how you find the stock electronics perform.
Should be interesting.

Stock it looks like the Meteor will be just a bit slower then my stock T45 on 4S.

But the T45 is without gear so thats a big advantage. I only plan to leave the ESC/Motor/Fan stock Ill be replacing the servo's with my trusty HXT900s and using Zippy 4S 2450 30c packs. Should be good for around 3 mins.
cloaked is offline Find More Posts by cloaked
Old Nov 09, 2011, 10:30 PM
JOHN 3:16
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,433 Posts
Stock Fan/Motor?

Anyone have a like-new stock motor/fan unit they want to sell?

Shoot me a PM if so....

Thanks
Sammy70 is offline Find More Posts by Sammy70
Old Nov 10, 2011, 12:29 AM
Australia, QLD, Summerholm
Joined Oct 2011
7 Posts
Hi guys,

Would anyone with a Meteor mind explaining where the CofG is. When i read the instructions, its says 105-110mm back from leading edge. BUT the diagram has that pictured very close to the leading edge- there is a CofG circle in line with the rear of the canopy- nowhere near the spot pictured in the manual.

Would appreciate anyone setting me straight on this one.
Thanks in advance.
jungle is offline Find More Posts by jungle