SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 04, 2011, 10:23 PM
birmingham Al.
Joined Aug 2005
1,186 Posts
i'm running a 5s 3300 in my habo but i use a velcro strap to hold the canopy .
killer vtwin is offline Find More Posts by killer vtwin
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2011, 10:31 PM
JOHN 3:16
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DumthumbsFRANKIE View Post
I just purchased a habu airframe only, going to fit it with meteor electronics and fan/motor setup ....do some hogging in the battery compartment for 5s pack and see what happens....all for 150.00 ...not a meteor but next best thing...im partial to the meteor because its lighter,,,but e habu airframe is more sound in my opinion...so in a few weeks i will know....

I did the exact same thing-- Habu airframe, meteor fan/motor/esc (with esc mounted in the side of the intake duct for cooling), good servos, custom paint scheme, etc.

I run it on 4s and 5s and it flys wonderfully. I posted some pics of it a few pages ago.

I've since realized that our field is too small for it and am considering selling it. Anyone in the central Ohio interested (the box is long gone) shoot me a PM...
Sammy70 is offline Find More Posts by Sammy70
Old Oct 04, 2011, 10:56 PM
Richmond, Oh USA
Joined Feb 2001
87 Posts
Sammy, I'm pm'ing you...
John Boy is offline Find More Posts by John Boy
Last edited by John Boy; Oct 04, 2011 at 11:01 PM.
Old Oct 05, 2011, 12:15 AM
crashing build's character.
United States, AL, Dora
Joined Mar 2008
530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim12 View Post
I hope the Meteor's demise is a nasty rumor. Another option for those in a rush might be the Hobby Lobby Rebel 70. Specs look about the same. Lists for $20 less than HABU.
the rebel battery comparment is on the botten.
onefastxp is offline Find More Posts by onefastxp
Old Oct 05, 2011, 05:00 AM
Flyin Acehole
USA, NJ, Glenwood
Joined Nov 2010
227 Posts
Sammy!!! Nice !!!!!! Wow....well im very happy to see that my idea will work out!! Love your paint job...if you dont mind me asking whet paint did you use that was foam safe? Im a autobody painter and we have PPG waterbase paint at work, i was going to give that a shot with some WBPU over top of it....would like to know ur method....
DumthumbsFRANKIE is offline Find More Posts by DumthumbsFRANKIE
Old Oct 05, 2011, 05:03 AM
Flyin Acehole
USA, NJ, Glenwood
Joined Nov 2010
227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer vtwin View Post
I was going to use some BIGGER earth magnets and a clear tape strat to pull the canopy off after flight (like the parkzone P47 has).... Can you post a pic of ur setup?
DumthumbsFRANKIE is offline Find More Posts by DumthumbsFRANKIE
Old Oct 05, 2011, 06:10 AM
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DumthumbsFRANKIE View Post
Sammy!!! Nice !!!!!! Wow....well im very happy to see that my idea will work out!! Love your paint job...if you dont mind me asking whet paint did you use that was foam safe?

Thanks.

I used good old Testors rattle cans, topcoated with brush on clear polyurethane...
Old Oct 05, 2011, 06:12 AM
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,424 Posts
Quote:

I have the same size lipo in my Habu and after careful trimming of the canopy it fits perfectly (and stays on) using the stock magnet...
Old Oct 05, 2011, 09:27 AM
Joined Jan 2009
640 Posts
I also added my meteor electronics to my Habu. I crashed my Habu due to some initial issues with my DX8. I then, in haste ordered another Meteor. While I was waiting for my meteor I fixed my Habu. Can you tell i'm impatient or what. So I now have a Habu with telemetry (looking to get the airspeed telemetry) and a new Meteor that i haven't even taken out of the shipping box.
ciscovet is offline Find More Posts by ciscovet
Old Oct 05, 2011, 02:23 PM
TakeOff=optional,Landing= Must
Australia, Melbourne
Joined Jul 2010
427 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goody63 View Post
I remember ready somewhere that the ESC appeared to be identical to the Turnigy Plush 60amp (the programming cards worked).

Might be worth trying one of the manuals to be found under the Turnigy ESC 'files' tab?
Thanks for the link Goody. I'll give this a go.
fg1972 is offline Find More Posts by fg1972
Old Oct 05, 2011, 03:55 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
Well, get a Meteor while you still can. Nitroplanes posted "no more meteor for now guys" on their Facebook page. I wonder if Parkzone got on their case for it being a direct copy.
BTW, I maidened my Exceed Concept X today. 80mph on radar. Meteor is bigger and flies better but the Concept X was a nice hand launch. With 4S it's a tad under 1=1 thrust. (we measured with a scale). I'm gonna radar and thrust measure my Meteor tomorrow (4S stock setup of course).
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
Old Oct 05, 2011, 04:34 PM
birmingham Al.
Joined Aug 2005
1,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melnic View Post
Well, get a Meteor while you still can. Nitroplanes posted "no more meteor for now guys" on their Facebook page. I wonder if Parkzone got on their case for it being a direct copy.
BTW, I maidened my Exceed Concept X today. 80mph on radar. Meteor is bigger and flies better but the Concept X was a nice hand launch. With 4S it's a tad under 1=1 thrust. (we measured with a scale). I'm gonna radar and thrust measure my Meteor tomorrow (4S stock setup of course).
its not a direct copy there a lot of differences put the hubu side by side and they jump out at you.
Old Oct 05, 2011, 08:02 PM
birmingham Al.
Joined Aug 2005
1,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by onefastxp View Post
the rebel battery comparment is on the botten.
if you look on page 5 in the rebel thread you will find my batt compartment mod to handle a 3300 5 s pak
Old Oct 05, 2011, 08:06 PM
birmingham Al.
Joined Aug 2005
1,186 Posts
Quote:
if you look on page 5 in the rebel thread you will find my batt compartment mod to handle a 3300 5 s pak
correction its on page 12
Old Oct 06, 2011, 01:25 AM
How close are those trees?
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,911 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goody63 View Post
Got around to maidening my Meteor yesterday.

Setup: WeMoTec Mini Fan, HET 2W23, Turnigy 3000MAH 5S and stock ESC.

Easiest hand launch ever and flies like it on rails!!

Thanks to everyone on this thread for their info and advice. Its a keeper

What more can I say? [I]
Found something else to say about my earlier post and video

I put the Meteor on the watt meter before this mornings flights.

1043 watts at 64amps.

Now I understand why its such an easy hand launch!!!
Goody63 is offline Find More Posts by Goody63