HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Lberry.88, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 11:44 AM
If in doubt, add accelerant
United Kingdom, England, Stansted Mountfitchet
Joined May 2007
1,825 Posts
Discussion
First blog

So this is my first blog post, ever, on any website!

Thought I would just write this to let you all know what I'm about, you cant fit much in the bio section of the profile.

So, Im a 22 year old from Stansted, Essex, UK. I'm currently studying Rocket Science (well Physics with space science and systems engineering) and hope to be teaching at a local secondary school when I finish my degree.

I have been into RC stuff for longer than i can remember- i got my first Car when i was 7 and by 11 had built my own Kyosho Ford Focus Nitro RC car. I got into planes via a firebird XL that i got given for my 11th birthday. I havent gone back since. I read earlier today, under a thread 'Whats the stupidest thing you ever did with an R/C Plane?' and Xpress had written "Flew one. Stupidest mistake ever, now i'm sunken DEEP into this money pit" which is exactly true for me.

I am self taught, moving from Firebirds, through various foamies before i got my first Balsa Cub when i was 14. Since then I have moved between fun fly foamies and proper balsa RC planes. Not that I am 'dissing' foamies. I love them and find them the most fun to fly! But its always great to have something in the air that you have spent a few months building.

I am also into model rocketry, i have a number of times tried to combine the two- with the loss of my Cub in one instance but i think thats part of the fun of RC. Some times you just have to break stuff, normally something can always be salvaged of CA'd back together.

Being a student I get a loan every term (semester) I try not to drink it all away, and use some for RC but that varies each term, i always start by thinking 'this time ill save some and get that {insert plane here}'.

So there you go, my first blog, hopefully first of many, i hope to log my successes with various planes and projects on this blog, so check back occasionally to see whats going on.
Lberry.88 is offline Find More Posts by Lberry.88
to remove ads between posts