HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 10, 2010, 05:44 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,553 Posts
Build Log
Hobby TopGun DAGO Red build thread

Here it is, the new Racing glider from Topgun! The DAGO Red is a very sleek little glider with a 1200mm wingspan, obechi covered foam core wings and a nice solid glass fuselage.

It is designed to carry 3s2200 pack with a 28mm inrunner and 3 servos.

I have used the SAPAC MSD65M digital metal gear servos, same size as hitec HS65MG but stronger and cheaper.

I have used one of our LIGHTNING 40A esc's and an HET 2W23 Typhoon inrunner, this combo has resulted in the CG coming out right in between the factory recommended positions!

Power is up around 430 watts static, should drop in flight and the ESC should be able to manage the power draw.

I am expecting it to scoot along, this setup pushed the HET Tucano to 170kmh and it was much more draggy!
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2010, 05:48 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,553 Posts
Ok wing, it comes one piece, really nicely made, solid turned up tips, cavities already done for servos, and really nice servo covers that cover right up to the aileron horn.

Getting the wires through the wing however was a bit of a chore! You cannot use extensions as the plugs are too bulky, so I cut the plug off the servo and spliced an extension on, I will offer kits with all wiring and heatshrink needed to do this job.

I epoxied the servos into place once they were checked and tested, horns exactly as the instructions show, in fact everything is pretty much done as per instructions, not bad for an arf kit!

As you can see the covers are great!
Old Sep 10, 2010, 05:55 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,553 Posts
Next up tail, I documented this because someone in the UK cut their film with a knife and cut into the wood which caused horizontal stab failure at high speed.

Ok so fit the stab, mark the sides with tape as the photo shows, then use a steel ruler and a soldering iron to melt through the film.

Peel film off and clean up melted area with sand paper or knife blade, be careful not to cut the wood!

Once it is done you can epoxy it in, use 5 min and hold it in line so its square with the centre of the fuse and square to the rudder fin. Once set you can fillet in any small gaps with epoxy, always wipe excess off with isopropyl alchohol before it sets.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 07:27 PM
Hooper, full throttle!
USA, NY, East Islip
Joined Feb 2004
11,062 Posts
Any updates? Saw this and a Purple "Voo Doo" fly at the NEAT fair. Pretty cool.
Tommy D is offline Find More Posts by Tommy D
Old Aug 24, 2011, 12:36 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,553 Posts
Been lots of updates on the Dago, Ricky Wu the original designer from Topgun moved away from the wood wing and developed an all glass wing so as to differentiate his products from the copies.

The glass wing took them 4 months to get right, end result is an awesome kit that flies superbly, is stronger and sounds heaps better in the air, has that all composite hotliner sound as it goes past, the wood wing never had as good a sound.

It also turns better, the wing flexes in a nice controlled way and gives the model an energy boost out of turns, its quite amazing to feel it through the sticks, 150mph fast pass, bank over and turn, 40-50ft and she is back at you, I have been flying the new glass wing for months now, ever since my old wood wing snapped in half.

New linkages for ailerons too, ball links that are very positive and slop free, my controls are tight and instantly responsive.

Considering the kit is 145 bucks plus shipping its a bargain for what you get, the all composite version from Topgun is imho superior to the wood winged version 2krc are knocking out for HL.