HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 09, 2010, 12:42 PM
Lewisburg, PA
Joined Apr 2002
960 Posts
Video
Onboard HD Flight-Aspire at Poway

This is the DVD menu loop I edited for the Soaring Master Class 3 DVD.
(When you play the disk, this is the menu display with looping video.)

The footage was shot with a Contour HD cam in 720p, down converted to SD, and cut and color graded in Final Cut Pro. Titles designed in Photoshop and composited in FCP.

Plane is a Lubos Aspire flown by Mike Smith at the Poway flight center in San Diego.

The extensive on-board camera footage shot was synched to the ground camera, with Mike giving live narration through the training flights. This gives you a very unique insight into the Mike's soaring techniques.

I used a split screen to show the a yaw vane (which you can see in a few shots here) as Mike demos how to set differentials and rudder mix. The Soaring Master Class 3 trailer has a 2.5 minute demo clip which shows how the air-cam is used with the ground cam.

Any questions about my set up? PM me -

Paul Naton
Radio Carbon Art
www.radiocarbonart.com
www.glidefast.typepad.com
pnaton@ptd.net
888-834-2261

SMC 3 DVD Loop.mp4 (1 min 35 sec)
Paul Naton is offline Find More Posts by Paul Naton
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts