SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by steve wenban, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 08, 2010, 08:02 PM
Crikey never leave beer behind
Mt Annan Sydney Australia
Joined Dec 2003
23,438 Posts
Discussion
Manilla 2010 Slope fest is here

All the Planning is over and now the event is once more about to kick into gear, I'm really looking forward to the event and Mt borah is such a great site for the big PSS'ers ,so a week of flying is a head for me,then its back to have the medical issue dealt with. All in all I cant complain its been a great ride so far , hoping it continues that way
SteveW
steve wenban is offline Find More Posts by steve wenban
Last edited by steve wenban; Sep 08, 2010 at 09:23 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 09, 2010, 01:00 PM
Christiansburg, VA
Joined Sep 2002
792 Posts
Passer 1.8M

Dear Steve,
I saw that you fly this one. I was wondering if yours has carbon fiber cloth on the wing leading edge and ailerons like some of the pictures on the website? Also; what kind of wing rod does it use? Also, do you know what the wing loading is (oz/ft^2)? I am thinking of adding some dihedral and using it for thermal soaring.
Thank you so much!
Sincerely,
Mike

http://www.r2hobbies.com/eng/proddet...rcpl71014_code
http://www.r2hobbies.com/images/rcpl71015/yc2/02.jpg
ForeverFlying is offline Find More Posts by ForeverFlying
Last edited by ForeverFlying; Sep 09, 2010 at 01:09 PM.
Old Sep 09, 2010, 05:19 PM
Crikey never leave beer behind
Mt Annan Sydney Australia
Joined Dec 2003
23,438 Posts
Mike ,
I think you'll find that its plastic film with a carbon pattern on it wing loading works out around 4 ounce sqft so its a real floater . IMHO it does not need any more Dihedral than is already built into thee section the 4083 is a hand launch section and it thermals beautifully as is . The joiner bar is 6.35mm carbon (1/4") I love this model and it is always the first one out even when there's not wind on the hill this is a vid of mine flying from the Passers point of view on a no wind slermal day on my home slope.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...15&postcount=1
I run 2 x 9 gram servo's in the fuse for rudder elevator and have them permanently mixed
I run 2 BMS 380mg on the Ailerons and a 900 mah NiMh aaa pack and a corona single conversion 8 channel Rx. Hope thats of some help.
SteveW
steve wenban is offline Find More Posts by steve wenban
Old Sep 09, 2010, 10:57 PM
Christiansburg, VA
Joined Sep 2002
792 Posts
Steve,
Thanks so much for the information. That's incredible that the plane is that light! At 500g, 4oz/ft^2 would be around 635in^2. Is this what you used? The website lists it at 430in^2 (they say 27.8m^2; I take that to mean .278dm^2). A carbon rod too, for a great price! (except for shipping; hence my questions. I don't want to have to send it back!) Great video too! Can I come fly with you?
Thanks again!
Mike
ForeverFlying is offline Find More Posts by ForeverFlying