HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 08, 2010, 05:59 PM
Caution:Makes sharp left turns
United States, CA, Lake Forest
Joined Feb 1999
6,004 Posts
Build Log
Build thread for my F5D fuselage used at the WC

I am posting a link to my build thread over in the Composites Forum showing the process of taking a hand-made F5D plug to a finished mold. I hope it is informative and lets you know that it doesn't take a CNC to always do composite fabrication (although it would be nice to have one in the shop). The fuselage accepts the D05/06 wing and uses the Batleth horizontal tail.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1304568
Troy is online now Find More Posts by Troy
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 09, 2010, 03:12 AM
Needs to do 52 legs !!
Verenigd Koninkrijk, Fareham
Joined Aug 2008
7,106 Posts
Thanks Troy, i am sure people can use this for not only F5D but also F5B and other projects.

jjmouris is offline Find More Posts by jjmouris
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My F5B saw tooth props
Old Sep 09, 2010, 04:14 AM
Joined Feb 2001
2,818 Posts
Nice writeup, Troy...thanks!
ScotY is offline Find More Posts by ScotY
Old Sep 09, 2010, 03:39 PM
Caution:Makes sharp left turns
United States, CA, Lake Forest
Joined Feb 1999
6,004 Posts
I have been doing this stuff for a long time but never took time to document the process. I have also learned so many new tricks in the RC Groups composite forum I wanted to give back. It's amazing how much ingenuity and creativity comes out of this hobby and the willingness for people to share with others. Even if you don't build your own wing or fuselage, at some point you may remember some of these concepts at work or in the shop. My very first part out of a mold was a floppy, uncured mess of epoxy and glass so there's hope for everybody.
Troy is online now Find More Posts by Troy
RCG Plus Member