SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 08, 2010, 04:07 AM
Nancy, in France
Joined Sep 2008
252 Posts
Discussion
Which esc for only one Lipo ?

Hello little bikers
In France we searching to have a stockbike reglementation for beginners, with low power but very easy to control: We don't want to have to control any brushless motor because we are thinking a good control need to open the motor
In Grenoble World, some people speak about the only one lipo 1/5 bike: With 2x 4000mA in // we will have 8000mA to run very long times
But all my reglers esc are made for 2 lipos: Which esc for only one Lipo (or 2 in parallele) ?

NB: We probably need another batterie for the radio reception; it's not a problem with a 7,4V 500mA lipo and a 6V regulator
lalain is online now Find More Posts by lalain
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 08, 2010, 04:26 AM
newcastle Australia
Joined May 2004
667 Posts
I do know the Tekin RS pro will run 1cell lipo. not sure what others. Best to check out some 1/12 scale forums as that is what most run in that class now.
Eden
test driver is offline Find More Posts by test driver
Old Sep 08, 2010, 04:42 AM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,211 Posts
There is a Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro for 1 cell as well as a Novak Havoc and Kinetic for only 1S LiPo.

Out of the four, I would go with either the Tekin or the Castle.
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Old Sep 08, 2010, 08:04 AM
Nancy, in France
Joined Sep 2008
252 Posts
Thanks
I have seen this:
http://www.lrp.cc/en/products/electr...egler/details/
"TwinBEC: A true BEC revolution! Constant 6V/3A output with 3.0V to 7.4V batteries. No need for receiver battery for 1S or 4 cells."
I think I will soon try my SB5 with only 1s but with my Brushless LRP X11 3.5T...
Old Sep 09, 2010, 11:27 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2010
39 Posts
Tekin RS pro will run 1cell lipo
biggirls is offline Find More Posts by biggirls
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 09, 2010, 11:53 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Nov 2008
922 Posts
Any ESC will do. Just add this http://www.teamnovak.com/products/sm...ost/index.html
and remove the red and black wire from the ESC to the receiver. Or you can run a receiver pack if you wants to.
ehirobo is offline Find More Posts by ehirobo
Old Sep 10, 2010, 11:54 AM
Nancy, in France
Joined Sep 2008
252 Posts
Thank you
I have tried with my 3.5 LRP and with a Novak Ballistic 4.5T, old lipo GE Power 4000 25C and esc GM Genius80 with and without extern batterie: The GM box say 70 Amps max but I don't enjoy that: Not enough performance
Old Sep 10, 2010, 06:03 PM
newcastle Australia
Joined May 2004
667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehirobo View Post
Any ESC will do. Just add this http://www.teamnovak.com/products/sm...ost/index.html
and remove the red and black wire from the ESC to the receiver. Or you can run a receiver pack if you wants to.
yes we may be slightly incorrect as all esc will run 1cell BUT if you want it to have lipo cutout so you don't over-discharge the battery (which is a big no-no with lipos) then the esc's meantioned will cut off power with a single cell.
test driver is offline Find More Posts by test driver
Old Sep 10, 2010, 11:05 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Nov 2008
922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by test driver View Post
yes we may be slightly incorrect as all esc will run 1cell BUT if you want it to have lipo cutout so you don't over-discharge the battery (which is a big no-no with lipos) then the esc's meantioned will cut off power with a single cell.
good point test driver. Sorry I forget the Lipo cutoff issue as I usaully time my run and never run it till the ESC cutoff. But you never know as the battery may not be fully charged, something happen to the motor or bike and it draw more amps than normal, etc... And very important safety system.
ehirobo is offline Find More Posts by ehirobo
Old Sep 14, 2010, 11:01 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalain View Post
Hello little bikers
In France we searching to have a stockbike reglementation for beginners, with low power but very easy to control: We don't want to have to control any brushless motor because we are thinking a good control need to open the motor
In Grenoble World, some people speak about the only one lipo 1/5 bike: With 2x 4000mA in // we will have 8000mA to run very long times
But all my reglers esc are made for 2 lipos: Which esc for only one Lipo (or 2 in parallele) ?

NB: We probably need another batterie for the radio reception; it's not a problem with a 7,4V 500mA lipo and a 6V regulator
Actually ... 4000mAh x 7.2V .. is the same energy then 8000mAh x 3.6V

Actually ... motor+esc are more efficient with high voltage .... then with low voltage ...

For beginner ... just use a standard stock brushed motor ... and standard 6Cell pack ... it will save lot of money ... and will give the same result of using a 1S lipo, with an expensive ESC ...

Tchuss

e_lm_70

ps: brushless motor, especially sensor less, like more high voltage for be mroe smooth ...
e_lm_70 is online now Find More Posts by e_lm_70