Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 22, 2010, 02:33 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,211 Posts
I have the green wire plugged into port 5 on the GU344. My gain is set between 9:00 and 7:30 depending on how I feel. I could never get to work right using the ATV on my gear channel. I have a JR9503 transmitter into an AR7000 with satellite. I also fly with a FY20A for additional stabilization at times. That I do have set up on the transmitter to turn stabilization on and off.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: DJI Accessory Pin Out
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 22, 2010, 05:27 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2004
7,056 Posts
I have my green wire plugged in as per directions. I'm waiting on an FY20A but the more I fly this little bird the more I'm getting comfortable with it. It's definately one of my favorite fliers these days. There basically isn't anywhere you can't fly it.
randall1959 is offline Find More Posts by randall1959
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 22, 2010, 10:23 PM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Joined Jul 2004
5,214 Posts
Yeah it's definitely one of those machines that grows on you. The more you fly it, the better you get at it, and the more attention it grabs at the field because it's so WEIRD!!!

Anybody else flipping and rolling theirs??
AceMigKiller is offline Find More Posts by AceMigKiller
Old Sep 23, 2010, 01:08 AM
Re-Kitting Expert :o
Bullhead City, Arizona
Joined Jan 2005
1,652 Posts
I would like to but I'm too afraid of crashing ....
GorillaBob is online now Find More Posts by GorillaBob
Old Sep 23, 2010, 08:39 AM
Rochester NY
Joined Sep 2008
6,981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceMigKiller View Post
Yeah it's definitely one of those machines that grows on you. The more you fly it, the better you get at it, and the more attention it grabs at the field because it's so WEIRD!!!

Anybody else flipping and rolling theirs??
I am ready but need a little guidance. Like how are you moving the sticks? ex jamming them left or right etc... On your TX Do you have travel set at 125%? Do you have throttle at 100% or less lke the manual says?
Z06 Tony is online now Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 23, 2010, 03:42 PM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Joined Jul 2004
5,214 Posts
AFRAID OF CRASHING?!?!
I guess pushing the envelope does separate the men from the boys... (totally kidding of course)

I have 100% throws, no expo, regular old 80% limiter on the throttle. Only thing I did different was dial in my HOV mode so I could fly it primarily in that mode, then dial down CRZ mode stupid low... almost like I have no gyro

Currently:
HOV = 40%
CRZ = 16%
Keep in mind that your setting are probably going to be different, but it's a good starting point.

- To Flip/Roll, I don't necessarily "jam" the stick, but you do want to make a quick, precise movement in the direction you want it to go. The more stick you give it, the faster it will flip over.

- Also, you must "fly through the manuever" all the way. Once you start flipping, don't let up until it's back to level. The gyro will try it's best to hold whatever position you let off at... as you can imagine, things can get pretty exciting if you quit 1/2 way or 3/4 through the manuever

Other than that just make sure you're comfortable flying your quad and you're a pretty proficient heli pilot in general. Oh yeah... and try it out the first few times with more than plenty of altitude to spare...
AceMigKiller is offline Find More Posts by AceMigKiller
Old Sep 23, 2010, 09:09 PM
Rochester NY
Joined Sep 2008
6,981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceMigKiller View Post
AFRAID OF CRASHING?!?!
I guess pushing the envelope does separate the men from the boys... (totally kidding of course)

I have 100% throws, no expo, regular old 80% limiter on the throttle. Only thing I did different was dial in my HOV mode so I could fly it primarily in that mode, then dial down CRZ mode stupid low... almost like I have no gyro

Currently:
HOV = 40%
CRZ = 16%
Keep in mind that your setting are probably going to be different, but it's a good starting point.

- To Flip/Roll, I don't necessarily "jam" the stick, but you do want to make a quick, precise movement in the direction you want it to go. The more stick you give it, the faster it will flip over.

- Also, you must "fly through the manuever" all the way. Once you start flipping, don't let up until it's back to level. The gyro will try it's best to hold whatever position you let off at... as you can imagine, things can get pretty exciting if you quit 1/2 way or 3/4 through the manuever

Other than that just make sure you're comfortable flying your quad and you're a pretty proficient heli pilot in general. Oh yeah... and try it out the first few times with more than plenty of altitude to spare...
OK thanks so do you have your Green wire plugged in so you set the gyro via the TX?
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 23, 2010, 10:09 PM
$#|+
United States, CA, Orange
Joined May 2007
1,605 Posts
whats the best way to contact Empire?
i emailed and called but no answer or call back
my gu334 is acting crazy
if i give it full rudder, it starts spinning uncontrollably and becomes unstable even with an FY-20A on board

Moe
mkmkmk13 is offline Find More Posts by mkmkmk13
Old Sep 23, 2010, 11:25 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,211 Posts
I posted this here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...29089&page=252

Maybe the Empire Team has some insight into my situation.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: DJI Accessory Pin Out
Old Sep 24, 2010, 10:51 AM
Joined Aug 2010
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkmkmk13 View Post
whats the best way to contact Empire?
i emailed and called but no answer or call back
my gu334 is acting crazy
if i give it full rudder, it starts spinning uncontrollably and becomes unstable even with an FY-20A on board

Moe
Moe,
Have not received any emails on our end.
Try Support@empirerc.com
EmpireHobby Tech is offline Find More Posts by EmpireHobby Tech
Old Sep 24, 2010, 10:52 AM
Joined Aug 2010
31 Posts
Tony,
Green wire is plugged in. There is nothing different/modded done to the quad. Pretty much just a change in the gain modes.
EmpireHobby Tech is offline Find More Posts by EmpireHobby Tech
Old Sep 27, 2010, 04:42 PM
Team White Llama
USA, IL, Mundelein
Joined Mar 2005
1,010 Posts
Radio settings 9303

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruch View Post
thefokker: what is your settings for the 9303 TX for the 330x ?
I will get back to you on this later on tonight.
thefokker is online now Find More Posts by thefokker
Old Sep 28, 2010, 08:03 AM
Team White Llama
USA, IL, Mundelein
Joined Mar 2005
1,010 Posts
Radio Settings 9303

I am running 80% on throttle travel adjust
50% for ail, and ele
60% for rudder
40% both ways for gear channel(I still think it flies better with the green wire unplugged I have messed with this a lot, and it works best with the manual adjustment)

Th Nor Ail Rev
Ele Rev Rudd Rev
Gear Nor

This setup is very slow and forgiving for fpv video, I have had 3 successful full fpv flights in my back yard from watching TV screen in garage while 330 is on its own out back. Some of the funnest RC flying I have ever done.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 09:51 PM
Team White Llama
USA, IL, Mundelein
Joined Mar 2005
1,010 Posts
Thanks to empire and all the other 330x flyers

Hello everyone I don't post very often but read almost everything. This quadcopter stuff is so cool I've been flying for 25yrs and fpv with the 330 is awesome. I really appreciate all you guys spending the time to read, and reply to all of our questions. Tahoe Ed, I believe I saw a video of your quad fpv at an idealic location while u were camping. There was a crash at the end but that video was it for me. I had to have a quad and fly fpv with it. I live north of Chicago and the cold weather is coming. Hope to get a ton of flights in the next month or so b4 I'm stuck flyin in the dome.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 07:25 AM
Rochester NY
Joined Sep 2008
6,981 Posts
Empire RULES!!

Just wanted to post my experience with Empire and their awesome CS. I had a defective gyro and sent it back and they sent me a new unit within 1 day of receiving my defective unit. Slapped it on one of my quads an viola instant hands free hover. I am very impressed with their CS. All my E-mails were ansewered instantly. They also represent a good brand. I also have besides 3 Gaui 330x-S quads a 255(BLOWS AWAY Trex 250 in quality&power)and an X5. Most powerfull power to weight ratio heli out of any stock heli on the market.
Thanks again you guys RULE!
Site Sponsor