SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 28, 2010, 07:10 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGR View Post
Thanks for that. Looks like what I need.

Now a question about the Payload Mount Set: Do the supplied spacers give you enough room for a ~2500mAh 3S pack between the mount plate and the bottom Central Frame?

Also, John, you have a photo of the Central Frames where the Payload Mount Set photo should be in your website.

Tuscon, huh? I spent a year there one night back when I was a drinking man.

Oof!

Pete
Sorry about that I forgot to Fix that Photo.
OK I fixed the Image now.
Cheers, John W.
johnIn2SonAZ is offline Find More Posts by johnIn2SonAZ
Site Sponsor
Last edited by johnIn2SonAZ; Nov 28, 2010 at 07:16 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2010, 07:12 PM
Thermals the path to elevation
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Jul 2004
3,218 Posts
Pete,

We include a free Hyperion 2S 2100mAh battery with the 330X-S kits, and they are 15mm high. For a $12 uplift a 3S 2100mAh battery is included, and they are 22mm high. The spacers on the payload mount kit are 20mm long. For a 3S battery you would need to extend the mount set.
RotorCycle is online now Find More Posts by RotorCycle
Old Nov 28, 2010, 09:19 PM
PGR
Low AltiDude
United States, CA, Costa Mesa
Joined Jun 2004
7,869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorCycle View Post
The spacers on the payload mount kit are 20mm long. For a 3S battery you would need to extend the mount set.
Thanks for the info. I had a hunch that I'd posted my questions in the right thread.

As it turns out, the spacers aren't a big deal either. McMaster-Carr sells threaded aluminum standoffs up to 2" long in 4-40, 6-32, 8-32, & 10-32 screw size. 'Course they won't work with the metric screws but that's an easy fix too.

Pete (who thinks he has this figured out)
PGR is online now Find More Posts by PGR
Old Nov 29, 2010, 10:29 AM
North Central Positronics
USA, GA, Centerville
Joined Dec 2002
3,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnIn2SonAZ View Post
Bill you do realize Empire wouldn't be around if it weren't for It's Dealers Like myself.
Thanks for Posting the Pic.

-John W.
Uh John, I'm a dealer also. No need to be defensive, I never said a word about you. ( Nor did I try to get anyone to buy from me. )

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
badbill is offline Find More Posts by badbill
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2011, 01:20 AM
United States, CA, San Leandro
Joined Feb 2011
90 Posts
Left is right and right is left

Ok, this is going to sound like a simple problem, but I havent solved it and dont want to mess up the electronics on the 330x. I finally finished my new 330x-s on the terminater chassis. After tuning and all the other stuff i got it working. One problem, when I test fly while holding it when i turn right it goes left and visaversa. My radio is set on mode 2 so i use the aileron control (right stick). I tried a couple things but i cant get it right. My radio is a Walkera 2801 Pro. I know there is probably an easy fix. Your help is appreciated.
lmramos is offline Find More Posts by lmramos
Old Feb 06, 2011, 01:58 AM
aka Helidaho
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Jun 2010
2,666 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmramos View Post
Ok, this is going to sound like a simple problem, but I havent solved it and dont want to mess up the electronics on the 330x. I finally finished my new 330x-s on the terminater chassis. After tuning and all the other stuff i got it working. One problem, when I test fly while holding it when i turn right it goes left and visaversa. My radio is set on mode 2 so i use the aileron control (right stick). I tried a couple things but i cant get it right. My radio is a Walkera 2801 Pro. I know there is probably an easy fix. Your help is appreciated.
Can you reverse the aileron channel in your radio? I know I had to do that to some of the channels in my DX8 for my Gaui330x. I don't have it with me at the moment or I would confirm which ones are reversed.
AeroVideoUS is online now Find More Posts by AeroVideoUS
Old Feb 06, 2011, 03:45 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,994 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmramos View Post
Did you set all the required reversing as per the manual? Perhaps have an esc reversed on the gyro?
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 04, 2011, 02:38 AM
Free Flying
Joined Nov 2006
525 Posts
Nevermind, found my answer.
anci3nt is offline Find More Posts by anci3nt
Last edited by anci3nt; Mar 04, 2011 at 02:44 AM. Reason: Found answer
Old Mar 09, 2011, 05:09 AM
USA, NJ, Bloomsbury
Joined Jun 2010
149 Posts
Radio settings

Does anyone know where I might find 'recommemded' transmitter settings for using a Walkera 2801 TX and the WK2801 receiver with my 330xs?

Thanks.
billnj2002 is offline Find More Posts by billnj2002
Old Mar 09, 2011, 07:18 AM
Joined Dec 2009
1,991 Posts
Here:
http://www.buzzflyer.co.uk/gaui-330x-BF8.asp
NaterPin is offline Find More Posts by NaterPin
Old Mar 09, 2011, 07:37 AM
Joined Dec 2009
1,991 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnIn2SonAZ View Post
Here is a Photo of the 120mm Landing pole Set.
I have All the New Upgrade Parts in stock as well.
I also have Hacker Upgrade Motors in stock.
Check the Motor section of the UAV Link on my website.
I am Surprised you Guys Haven't already seen this on my site.
Cheers, John W.
Hackers, I might be needing a set for the Gaui. You get what you pay for with the Hackers. Are people able to order shafts and bearings to have as spares.
NaterPin is offline Find More Posts by NaterPin
Old Apr 10, 2011, 12:21 AM
San Diego
Joined Feb 2010
1,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billnj2002 View Post
Does anyone know where I might find 'recommemded' transmitter settings for using a Walkera 2801 TX and the WK2801 receiver with my 330xs?

Thanks.

here is mine, I use heli mode and have the hover mode set with the gyro switch up, cruise mode switch down. Also use throttle hold to disable the throttle lever
was never able to adjust the gyro in airplane mode but im not familiar with all the menus for that, as I am with the heli mode

I use the 2801 pro rx with security code and found I must have the tx on before the 330x. If I turn on the 330x first, then the tx it wont fly it will dive to the right. Never tried with no security code.
Also once the tx is on, if you put any throttle and plug in the 300x it will start up so you have to be careful. All my motors had to be reversed too, from what the instructions showed.

walkera 2801 tx settings (1 min 27 sec)
MichaelW is offline Find More Posts by MichaelW
Old Apr 11, 2011, 09:04 AM
USA, NJ, Bloomsbury
Joined Jun 2010
149 Posts
Walkera TX2801 settings

Thank you for the info and the vid. I had found settings on Buzzflyer for the 2801 but they didn't work well at all for me. I'm anxious to try these.
thanks again.
billnj2002 (Bill)
billnj2002 is offline Find More Posts by billnj2002
Old Apr 11, 2011, 10:19 AM
San Diego
Joined Feb 2010
1,249 Posts
well im no expert at programming, so if you have any tips let me know. I dont know much but managed to guess my way through programming helis so there may be features im not even accessing. What I posted in the vid is what I set for the gaui, the other menus were not touched

I think I may toy with setting the ail/ele switches to a more responsive setting for outside when it gets windy since I keep mine toned down some for smooth flying because lately here its really windy
Old Apr 13, 2011, 11:18 AM
San Diego
Joined Feb 2010
1,249 Posts
I have reconfigured my throttle curve, to start out lower for the first 2 points. I had been flying my heli inside and decided to fly the gaui so I accelerate and zip up so fast almost ran into the ceiling. Im so used to giving more stick input for the helis. So lowering the curve in the beginning give me my stick height im used to before taking off to fast. This way no unfortunate accidents since it much more powerful and responsive. Plus outdoors and indoors hover is nicer as its an easier curve for maintaining a lower hover at least in my backyard. Not as sensitive.

Still need to figure out when I give slow rudder mine hops up, I wish I can figure out how to turn that down. Ive tried dual rates and expo both directions but still does it, has caused out of control turns a few times but nothing I couldnt handle.