HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 07, 2010, 07:06 PM
upper michigan
Joined Jul 2010
75 Posts
Discussion
steering servo

Hi all i have a 1/8 traxxas e revo brushless and one of the steering servos went out on me can anyone recommend a good steel steering servo for this truck.
pretty new to this so i don't know what is good and what isn't.plus can i use two different servos (the one i have that is still good and the new one) or will i have to buy two new ones
Thanks Chet
pooljunki is offline Find More Posts by pooljunki
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2010, 07:10 PM
Nice day for RC'ing
Palmerston On. Canada
Joined Jul 2010
1,663 Posts
They should be matched as they have different speeds and power and could end up fighting each other.
Redfisher is offline Find More Posts by Redfisher
Old Sep 07, 2010, 07:12 PM
upper michigan
Joined Jul 2010
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfisher View Post
They should be matched as they have different speeds and power and could end up fighting each other.
can you recommend some decent ones that aren't to terribly expensive
Old Sep 07, 2010, 07:16 PM
Nice day for RC'ing
Palmerston On. Canada
Joined Jul 2010
1,663 Posts
Well if your on the cheap hobby king has a good selection for cheap. Thats if you don't mind ordering from China and waiting. You may be better off just replacing the bad one with another stock one off ebay as they are water proof and really are not too bad.
Old Sep 07, 2010, 07:25 PM
upper michigan
Joined Jul 2010
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfisher View Post
Well if your on the cheap hobby king has a good selection for cheap. Thats if you don't mind ordering from China and waiting. You may be better off just replacing the bad one with another stock one off ebay as they are water proof and really are not too bad.
ya i acutely have some tower pro mg 955 and i don't think there very good i may just replace the one i have for now till i can afford some better ones
Old Sep 07, 2010, 07:32 PM
Nice day for RC'ing
Palmerston On. Canada
Joined Jul 2010
1,663 Posts
The trower pro's are not that good, The bluebirds on hobbyking are better. I like hitecs myself but they cost more.
Old Sep 07, 2010, 07:54 PM
upper michigan
Joined Jul 2010
75 Posts
OK ill check them out don't really want to wait for them to come from hk though. I bought this truck used about 2 or three months ago and still haven't been able to dive it yet.First I had to replace batteries then it was motor and esc i just want to be able to dive it before the snow starts flying wich wont be long from now where i live
Old Sep 07, 2010, 07:56 PM
Nice day for RC'ing
Palmerston On. Canada
Joined Jul 2010
1,663 Posts
In that case I would just buy another traxxas servo for now and get it up and running. Good luck.
Old Sep 07, 2010, 07:59 PM
upper michigan
Joined Jul 2010
75 Posts
thanks Redfisher for your help
Old Sep 07, 2010, 08:27 PM
Nice day for RC'ing
Palmerston On. Canada
Joined Jul 2010
1,663 Posts
Anytime, get her running and post some pics.
Old Sep 08, 2010, 06:31 PM
USA, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Aug 2008
3,416 Posts
you can get one really strong steering servo instead of two weaker ones, savage's use them and are fine, and they weigh more than e-revo's. a good, 200 oz torque+ servo should be good for this. only one though.
jettrooper02 is offline Find More Posts by jettrooper02