HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by lmopar69, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 07, 2010, 01:45 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
United States, AL, Newville
Joined Feb 2005
7,799 Posts
Discussion
Got some more work done on "Policia"

Well, we got ahold of some more paint yesterday, so, more painting!!! The beast is coming along nicely! We will also get the roof painted black soon and maybe the hood.

The "580" on the back is the tail number of the helicopter I was flying the day I took the truck mechanics that work on the van for a ride. So, as a tribute, they put "580" on as our vans tail number/emergency phone number. Nice!

Today one of the guys ordered 36 feet of 20% limo tint for it (yeah, its got a LOT of windows!). We should have a awesome musical horn/pa system on order shortly http://www.cogapa.com/ordering.htm
We may have a siren controller, some subwoofers, and an amp coming over soon, and we are looking for some tubing to make sidepipes for it! Oh yeah, no muffler and side pipes! Thats the plan!

Sorry about the bad pictures. The sun had just set, and the flash shows all the dust in the air over here. Pictures at night dont work out well.

Soon, the bars will be on the windows, the roof will be black, and hopefully we will have more red lights on the inside. We also may end up with a old police light bar from the states. One of our guys used to work for his home town police. We'll see if that pans out.

Our Battalion Commander does not have a very good sense of humor though. So we are fully expecting him to make us paint over the "Policia" on the van. I came up with a new name for it though if that happens. SWAT. Standard Warlord Aircrew Transport.

We can still use any parts, gizmos, gadgets or whatever for it if ya'll have some cool junk laying around!

Laine.
lmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by lmopar69
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2010, 07:19 PM
If It Aint Broke,I'll Break It
United States, TX, Lockhart
Joined Dec 2008
2,871 Posts
No need to apologize for the pics, it makes it look like it is snowing
Rockin G is offline Find More Posts by Rockin G
Old Sep 07, 2010, 10:03 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,799 Posts
LOL, well, I can assure you that since it is 100+ degrees all day long... its not snow! But thats ok with me. I'll take 100 all day instead of 10 all day! I hate the cold!

Laine.
Old Sep 07, 2010, 11:41 PM
If It Aint Broke,I'll Break It
United States, TX, Lockhart
Joined Dec 2008
2,871 Posts
Yeah, when I was in Saudi, same thing with the flash. But anyways, not about me right now. Great work, you certainly do find creative ways to stay occupied over there. Look forward to your next project as always.
Rockin G is offline Find More Posts by Rockin G
Old Sep 08, 2010, 10:42 AM
Someone is going to get wet...
The Mitt
Joined Oct 2007
969 Posts
Imopar...

Imopar... Hey my Son SPC Chamberlin said to come back over to the garage, He did not know that it was you with this van. And when you do... Punch him on the arm for me and tell him it's from Dad... Mudman1959
mudman1959 is offline Find More Posts by mudman1959
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: They Spin!
Old Sep 08, 2010, 11:39 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,799 Posts
LOL, Thanks CNA91. I try to have fun and do something constructive at the same time whenever I can.

Mudman... I had forgot he was over there. I'll get back in a couple days on my day off. I'll be sure to give him a wallop for ya.

Laine.
Old Sep 09, 2010, 11:24 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,799 Posts
Hey guys, we have a new "toy" on the way over here for the "Policia" van! http://www.cogapa.com/ has offered to send us one of their musical horn systems! Not only that, but they also make another cool device, the iChime electronic recordable doorbell!!! THAT should be fun! http://ichime.com/ Im quite sure we can find a way to have some fun with this thing at our office.

I'd like to thank Jack Millerick for his generosity and for sending over our new electronic gadgets! Check them out guys at the websites I posted. Help support the guys who help support us!

Laine.