N.L. Canada
Joined Jun 2010
2,337 Posts
hmm.
i was planning rear.
hmm - - has me thinking now.
not as easy on my lap top vs my big desktop monitor .LOL
hm. 20 inch ~ woudl be good.

euro is tail heavy in real jet , if i remember . and need cannards with big down E>
hmm
but we can move lipo arround for best CG . hmm

it's gonna be fun trying to make anice box fuse of it , possibly use fillets or suct on inside corners , an dorund parts for strength & so one can sand some shape in ?

it is a funky plane. LOL
Prime_8 is offline Find More Posts by Prime_8
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2010, 04:06 AM
Australia Sunshine Coast
Joined Sep 2007
447 Posts
Below is Dekans F22 build method and I just keep changing the wing shape and fuse shape. I got help with the SU27 shape. The cog changes with the wing shape (motor position) but they all fly great.

The Eurofighter is a real challenge to put it nicely.
rudes is offline Find More Posts by rudes
Old Sep 14, 2010, 06:42 AM
USA, Massachusetts
Joined Dec 2005
359 Posts
We better get over to the Eurofighter thread before the funjet is lost. The funjet is a great little plane.
rcflyer50 is offline Find More Posts by rcflyer50
Old Sep 14, 2010, 09:29 PM
Lawn dart pilot/builder
N.L. Canada
Joined Jun 2010
2,337 Posts
the min =i V2 of the funjet where i tested the laminated and shapely fuse had a hard landing and teh nose broke clean off ,
this was cool as it allowed me to see the cross section of the lamiantes ( i lost pic Grr)
so i can ajust plans where it is thin.

so far i'm sure boxed fuse is providing a extra lifting body , over curvy shaped fuse.
so now i'm on a mission , blending box with laminate.
speed of a boxed fuse build & the lifting body , and soem nicer curves by adding foam fillets to inner box corners , alowing for deeper corner sanding.

it is clear withthis FJ , if you look at profole of the fuse it is a semi symetrical foil segement.

i have sanded my wings LE to lower tip stalls by giving them a lower AA , and higher AA at root . this made slow speed flight much better , but no wthat slower speed it is a flight to keep nose up .. LOL
but hey it's built to go fast any how ans one can see form vids , it rocks.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 12:04 AM
Joined Jun 2005
77 Posts
Nice!!!
dinner is offline Find More Posts by dinner
Old Sep 16, 2010, 10:05 PM
building building building!
Melbourne Australia
Joined Jun 2006
5,158 Posts
Thanks for starting this thread and the plans. Have spent a couple of nights putting this together and it looks great.

My wingspan is just over 20", hoping for an AUW of 250 grams (8.8 ounces).

Emax 2805 outrunner, 2840kv, Supersimple 25 amp esc, 3S 1000mah 25c battery, 4.75x4.75 prop. Getting 210 watts on a freshly charged battery. Will post some pics later once it's all finished.

Cheers. A.
aerophilia is online now Find More Posts by aerophilia
Old Sep 16, 2010, 11:12 PM
Alberta, Canada
Joined Jan 2008
189 Posts
I vote for doing the lil fun jet with a kfm4 and rounded leading edge.
dean_85 is offline Find More Posts by dean_85
Old Sep 17, 2010, 04:36 AM
Lawn dart pilot/builder
N.L. Canada
Joined Jun 2010
2,337 Posts
ooh yeah .

i did a wee one and found Kfm was wasted vs sanding a 'real' foil into wing. LOL
Old Sep 17, 2010, 06:34 AM
building building building!
Melbourne Australia
Joined Jun 2006
5,158 Posts
Here are the pics. I'll add a bit more colour after the maiden I think. Couldn't find my red marker anywhere today
aerophilia is online now Find More Posts by aerophilia
Old Sep 17, 2010, 12:11 PM
Philadelphia, PA
Joined Aug 2009
1,036 Posts
Great design! always wanted a funjet! Just like aerophilia, I also have the emax 2805 (one of my favorites too!). I had it in a 18.8in F22 PJ that has been retired... like the simplicity of the box fuse, and I will also most likely add at least a Kfm2 if not Kfm4 airfoil to the wing. To me, my foamies always seem to "slip" through the air better with the KF airfoils -- plus it helps to strengthen the wing as I usually use smaller pieces of carbon or bamboo skewers for strength. Thanks for the plans!
SNice is offline Find More Posts by SNice
Old Sep 17, 2010, 03:17 PM
BOXFUSE KING!
NO WIND CITY GUAM U.S.A
Joined Jan 2009
981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerophilia View Post
Here are the pics. I'll add a bit more colour after the maiden I think. Couldn't find my red marker anywhere today
Awesome Job Man! I like the paint scheme, easy to see. This bird gets small fast. Good luck on the maiden.

Mayday.
Kronikpilot is offline Find More Posts by Kronikpilot
Old Sep 17, 2010, 06:45 PM
Lawn dart pilot/builder
N.L. Canada
Joined Jun 2010
2,337 Posts
Now that's funny cause SNice is almost teh one responsible for me getting back into RC
wheni saw hise Titan fun jet .

Now you can have a deadly funjet .

ALso for those wondering , making the inside LE further up towards canopy = FAIL
Unless you need loads of nose weight like a bigger LIPO , i had to tape a few coins into nose just to come close .
+ i also sanded it for higer AA than wing tip to avoid tip stalls at slower speeds .

so if some nutty person wants a smal funjet with like a 4s or 5s 1000mah pack that would be the trick . LOL

i also expect the lifting action of the fuse will magnify this .
now i wonder how fast this wee one will go .
Old Sep 17, 2010, 08:20 PM
Philadelphia, PA
Joined Aug 2009
1,036 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime_8 View Post
Now that's funny cause SNice is almost teh one responsible for me getting back into RC
wheni saw hise Titan fun jet .

Now you can have a deadly funjet .

ALso for those wondering , making the inside LE further up towards canopy = FAIL
Unless you need loads of nose weight like a bigger LIPO , i had to tape a few coins into nose just to come close .
+ i also sanded it for higer AA than wing tip to avoid tip stalls at slower speeds .

so if some nutty person wants a smal funjet with like a 4s or 5s 1000mah pack that would be the trick . LOL

i also expect the lifting action of the fuse will magnify this .
now i wonder how fast this wee one will go .
LOL!!! Thought the name looked familiar!!! This is great! It's been on my mind all day -- stopped by the dollar store for foam sheets on my way home from work! Gonna give my local 24hr kinkos call and Hopefully I'll have her in the air by the morning!... The titan conversion came about BEFORE I discovered the wonders of building with foamboard... I actually find it easier to build from scratch now! Man, these threads are great!

...and you read my mind b/c I wanted to experiment with extending the LE like strakes on the f-18 -- I wanted to make it a high alpha machine too -- also thought about adding rudders! I'll check your original thread... good seein' ya again, Prime 8!
Old Sep 17, 2010, 08:35 PM
Philadelphia, PA
Joined Aug 2009
1,036 Posts
...and not to jack the thread but the box fuse jets can turn out pretty nice -- I've got a mirage 2000 55mm EDF in development. There is a link to the build log on my page. Looking forward to the euro.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 09:06 PM
Lawn dart pilot/builder
N.L. Canada
Joined Jun 2010
2,337 Posts
i paused euro as one of the guys here is building one from plans so i want to see his first . then i can skip a micro .

::

heres is my large size 'hood' in teh plans original size micro .

and in black dot is the proposed f18 like hood.

of course the box fuse plans remain dead same & easy for this.

heheh and you can cut it away if you done like it ... LOL