HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 15, 2010, 08:57 AM
Philadelphia, PA
Joined Aug 2009
1,023 Posts
lol... well I could always use more money!!! .. but it really is the gratification and reward of tweaking and ending up with a great flying plane that you built yourself. It's also pretty rewarding when the spectators ask "where to get one" and you can reply with "oh, well, I built this one myself!". Most of the time they do not believe me until I bring the plane in and show them that is actually just depapered foamcore, glue, paint, and electronics! (I always make it sound so easy - lol). I'm at the point in my building "career" where my home built planes are starting to fly better than my RTF's, All of my RTF kits have been modded - retracts, rudders, flaps -- I just can't leave them stock! I am now attempting to learn the fundamentals of r/c design. I've always been a builder. As a child, there was nothing better than a new stick and tissue kit. The worst part about it for me was the lack of control and that they could only fly so far on rubber band power -- looks like we've solved that issue!!!!
SNice is offline Find More Posts by SNice
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2010, 10:41 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,474 Posts
Ohh yes nutting better then Building your own plane,Hmm well this Eurofighter is my first..So i guess ill find out how my building skills are...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNice View Post
lol... well I could always use more money!!! .. but it really is the gratification and reward of tweaking and ending up with a great flying plane that you built yourself. It's also pretty rewarding when the spectators ask "where to get one" and you can reply with "oh, well, I built this one myself!". Most of the time they do not believe me until I bring the plane in and show them that is actually just depapered foamcore, glue, paint, and electronics! (I always make it sound so easy - lol). I'm at the point in my building "career" where my home built planes are starting to fly better than my RTF's, All of my RTF kits have been modded - retracts, rudders, flaps -- I just can't leave them stock! I am now attempting to learn the fundamentals of r/c design. I've always been a builder. As a child, there was nothing better than a new stick and tissue kit. The worst part about it for me was the lack of control and that they could only fly so far on rubber band power -- looks like we've solved that issue!!!!
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 15, 2010, 04:23 PM
Joined Jun 2010
46 Posts
I'm out in Alberta. ITs been great that last few days light winds, had my warbirds out for some nice flights. Time to change it up a little.

Dave
HBZ Super Cub is offline Find More Posts by HBZ Super Cub
Old Oct 16, 2010, 06:21 PM
BOXFUSE KING!
NO WIND CITY GUAM U.S.A
Joined Jan 2009
981 Posts
...looking at the version 2 EDF drawings. My scapel is whispering bad things to me, a case of foam are screaming to be cut.

hmm... we'll see.

mayday.
Kronikpilot is offline Find More Posts by Kronikpilot
Old Oct 16, 2010, 06:27 PM
Lawn dart pilot/builder
N.L. Canada
Joined Jun 2010
2,337 Posts
LOL i can;t wait man ..

I'm having an itch to build something big .. n fast.. looking at you invader version . LOL

waitting on a motor N some stuff for current forward swept wing . LOL

after watching Eastcoast78 euro fighter fly in light wind without issue ... I know the size that fits my area . LOL
Prime_8 is offline Find More Posts by Prime_8
Old Oct 16, 2010, 07:46 PM
BOXFUSE KING!
NO WIND CITY GUAM U.S.A
Joined Jan 2009
981 Posts
Koncept primejet8 V2!

here are my drawings. Not much to see but I will adjust them while I build.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 07:55 PM
BOXFUSE KING!
NO WIND CITY GUAM U.S.A
Joined Jan 2009
981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNice View Post
Hey guys -- look at this! This just caught my eye in one of the advertising banners... The WS is listed as 24". Its at modelaero.com. Time for me to open up shop too! LOL (seriously!)

Nice!

Mayday.
Last edited by Kronikpilot; Oct 16, 2010 at 11:10 PM.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 07:56 PM
Crash it first, Then fly it
The Big Apple
Joined Jul 2008
536 Posts
nice sketches!
Griffindor is offline Find More Posts by Griffindor
Old Oct 16, 2010, 07:58 PM
BOXFUSE KING!
NO WIND CITY GUAM U.S.A
Joined Jan 2009
981 Posts
Thanks Griff, it's guys like you that keeps me going.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 07:59 PM
The Big Apple
Joined Jul 2008
536 Posts
Oh, and just a cosmetic thing,, you could add little pods on top of the taills that protude forward. It woulld look cool!
Old Oct 16, 2010, 08:02 PM
BOXFUSE KING!
NO WIND CITY GUAM U.S.A
Joined Jan 2009
981 Posts
Will do sir. Thats a cool Idea i like it.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 08:03 PM
The Big Apple
Joined Jul 2008
536 Posts
I can't exactly see the tree intakes though. Some clarification would be nice. Cool!
Old Oct 16, 2010, 08:17 PM
BOXFUSE KING!
NO WIND CITY GUAM U.S.A
Joined Jan 2009
981 Posts
2 intakes normal position left/right under the wing. The 3rd one is on the belly. It should work flawlessly, I did it before with "TOP FUSE" intake. this one is just cooler.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/301776..._scratchbuilt/

Mayday.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 09:28 PM
Lawn dart pilot/builder
N.L. Canada
Joined Jun 2010
2,337 Posts
your sketches are perfect concepts .

i usualy start in my computer , un Real Draw Pro , and i is a cheap vector bassed 2d app & i use it for box art , pop , packaging art, & 3d texture making .

mainly it's that it is a vector editor. ( SVG type thing )

i was just messin' with sketchup . it don;t look hard to get into .

Mayday one way to make plans, is to doa quick low rez flat bed scan of the cut out part .
some scanners even output in SVG or PDF line drawing . could save you time, but may also require cutting appart a finished 'free hand ' built ship . LOL

i think simple way woudl be to take some nice profile pics with your cam , then edit/ trac eover pic in SU.
Prime_8 is offline Find More Posts by Prime_8
Old Oct 16, 2010, 09:59 PM
BOXFUSE KING!
NO WIND CITY GUAM U.S.A
Joined Jan 2009
981 Posts
Thanks SCOTT. I just got back on the island, still Jet Lagged but there's no time to waste PRIMEJET8 Version 2 is on the way. This EDF needs to kiss the sky. I have whole day today to build and shape it. I hope I don't get "BRAINFARDS" or else I'll produce an ugly Version 2.

More rc stuff came in. I just got 10 DSM2 HK reciever. I will be testing them and will report back if they're good. $13 a pop is not bad for foamies, these thing are tiny!

mayday.
Last edited by Kronikpilot; Oct 16, 2010 at 10:20 PM.