HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 07, 2010, 03:36 AM
Joined Sep 2010
6 Posts
Discussion
AR.Drone to carry camera

This latest gizmo quadricopter can be used for simple missions to take photos and footage from a few meters up and to some extent do fly-bys with a suitable movie capture device attached.

I will do such experimentation with the AR.Drone. I have a GoPro HD Hero sportscam coming in (with the motorsports accessory pack) that I will experiment with attaching to the drone.
It can be set to take interval photos and do 1080p/30fps recordings.
I hear the 720p/60fps mode is maybe the most interesting.

This flight device is limited to some 6 metre altitude and has to be within Wifi reach of the device steering it.

This attempt by another drone owner looks promising:
AR DRONE HIGH level (2 min 5 sec)

I dont know what camera he used there.
The two built-in cameras of the drone are too low res to
be of much interest in photography.
gunnar-rc is offline Find More Posts by gunnar-rc
Last edited by gunnar-rc; Sep 07, 2010 at 04:25 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2010, 05:07 AM
Multi Rotors Rule ! ;-)
United Kingdom
Joined Jul 2010
879 Posts
Nice little video, looks quite a stable platform?
Will be interesting to hear what "payload" this craft can carry, using its original motors/electrics.

This is the first video I've seen of this new Quad, sporting a decent Cam, looks good!

What with the BUZZ that this AR.Drone is getting, am sure alot more will use this for other similar projects. What range do you think it has, controlled via iPhone!?
Also considering it IS "flown by phone", looks very stable under that method of control (and not a conventional R/C Transmitter).
SkyEyes is offline Find More Posts by SkyEyes
Old Sep 07, 2010, 09:52 AM
Gaftopher
Nottingham Road South Africa/Bedford UK
Joined Feb 2007
3,776 Posts
Well I have seen video of them lifting Go Pros, they seem to suffer from fly aways outdoors and the advertising campaign leaves lots to be desired.

http://www.suasnews.com/2010/09/1042...-make-friends/
Gary Mortimer is offline Find More Posts by Gary Mortimer