Whos the van?
Tony Windsor at the next election.
John235 is offline Find More Posts by John235
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2010, 10:45 PM
Australia, SA, Berri
Joined Jul 2007
8,535 Posts
I got a carbon footprint but, where does it go in the plane?
Zootster is offline Find More Posts by Zootster
Old Sep 07, 2010, 11:39 PM
Glow 😡 no no no
Australia, SA, Evanston Park
Joined Mar 2010
4,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootster View Post
I got a carbon footprint but, where does it go in the plane?
Your mainly electric so your carbon footprint is much smaller like another part of your body, so I am told by a reliable source. lol
aeromaniac is online now Find More Posts by aeromaniac
Old Sep 07, 2010, 11:56 PM
PLD
Magicsmoke maker
Australia, QLD, Charters Towers
Joined Dec 2003
17,377 Posts
More 'sound bites' than facts being thrown around in here.

For every policy/promise there's a lot of layers to be peeled back. If you really want to uncover the truth - sadly most of us really don't have the time or inclination to do so, which is why during campaigning it's more of a fear-campaign than a fact-campaign. Why spend millions trying to 'educate' with facts when you know your opposition is just going to destroy your work with a 5-word slogan that's so misconstrued it has about as much relevance to the truth as a monkey fart.

The best thing about the short slogans though is that it reveals the nature of people like a fine gram-stain.
PLD is offline Find More Posts by PLD
Old Sep 08, 2010, 12:09 AM
Electric Hippy
Brisbane
Joined Nov 2005
2,358 Posts
When I heard I wondered what Gump err gillard was going to do first? I thought about it for a second and realised nothing will be done in in this political climate except "saving thy a$$"
Eagleburger is offline Find More Posts by Eagleburger
Old Sep 08, 2010, 01:02 AM
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
13,334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagleburger View Post
When I heard I wondered what Gump err gillard was going to do first? I thought about it for a second and realised nothing will be done in in this political climate except "saving thy a$$"
And that's the real problem. No one with enough power to do anything or make a decision, good or bad unless some (independent) pockets get lined. We have a problem of too many chiefs now. I wonder who will replace Julia Goolia when they get sick of her?

And I hear they offered Oakshott a spot on the ministry? Is that even legal? Didn't Greiner cop something similar for that?
gouch is offline Find More Posts by gouch
Old Sep 08, 2010, 01:52 AM
I hate propellors
Australia, SA, Normanville
Joined May 2009
364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pldaniels View Post
More 'sound bites' than facts being thrown around in here.

For every policy/promise there's a lot of layers to be peeled back. If you really want to uncover the truth - sadly most of us really don't have the time or inclination to do so, which is why during campaigning it's more of a fear-campaign than a fact-campaign. Why spend millions trying to 'educate' with facts when you know your opposition is just going to destroy your work with a 5-word slogan that's so misconstrued it has about as much relevance to the truth as a monkey fart.

The best thing about the short slogans though is that it reveals the nature of people like a fine gram-stain.
This thread makes you realise that most voters know nothing about politics or government. Australia gets the government it deserves, two major parties based on the two major prejudices of Australians.
emufingers is online now Find More Posts by emufingers
Old Sep 08, 2010, 03:14 AM
3 Strykers,your out !
Lurking Melbourne Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by emufingers View Post
This thread makes you realise that most voters know nothing about politics or government. Australia gets the government it deserves, two major parties based on the two major prejudices of Australians.
Surely you don't include 'The word according to gouch' in your blanket statement, LOL .
What are the 2 subjects you should never discuss in public? Politics and religion.
It'll always end in tears .

junglegym is online now Find More Posts by junglegym
Old Sep 08, 2010, 04:40 AM
Now what?
Bulli, Australia
Joined Nov 2006
4,005 Posts
Jesus loves the Greens!
narcas is offline Find More Posts by narcas
Old Sep 08, 2010, 04:44 AM
Is my CG correct?
Wollongong, Aus
Joined Sep 2009
5,096 Posts
I know I'm supposed to get all argumentitive about that comment, but I think your right
discostu956 is offline Find More Posts by discostu956
Old Sep 08, 2010, 04:44 AM
Team Bondi slope trash
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Aug 2006
6,826 Posts
/lol
me_wantee is online now Find More Posts by me_wantee
Old Sep 08, 2010, 04:47 AM
Now what?
Bulli, Australia
Joined Nov 2006
4,005 Posts
...However, due to the preferential voting system.....

Jesus loves Labor!

narcas is offline Find More Posts by narcas
Old Sep 08, 2010, 04:58 AM
I want my ACL
Melbourne , Outer East .
Joined Dec 2003
2,510 Posts
Michelle Obama , yer she`s not to bad , wouldn`t touch her though for fear of the CIA taking me out .
dingo is online now Find More Posts by dingo
Old Sep 08, 2010, 05:23 AM
Nup, I got nothing!.....
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jun 2007
2,174 Posts
I'd be worried about ol' barack getting to you first.

BTW, the GP superclinic is a classic 'build it and they will come' fallacy. Who are they going to staff it with? Perhaps they should look at funding for more GP's, not build empty super clinics.....oh wait, spending money that keeps the economy stimulated, eh Joolia?
evo62 is offline Find More Posts by evo62
Last edited by evo62; Sep 08, 2010 at 05:30 AM.
Old Sep 08, 2010, 05:33 AM
Is my CG correct?
Wollongong, Aus
Joined Sep 2009
5,096 Posts
Going by the prices being charged at our doctor, I'm not suprised Evo. Its something like $60 for a visit now, sure you get $30 or so back, but it used to be $40 a visit there. I now just go to the bulk bill one up the road, care seems to be as good, shorter wait (would you believe) and it doesn't send me broke. The thing that really annoys me though, is its always said the medical system is overworked etc yet for something as simple as a medical certificate we have to go there to "prove" we are sick (among other similar things). You don't need a PhD to know if your bloody sick, they should let pharmacists write them too, as well as cops, JPs etc. 99% of the time its for something like the flu where its obvious.

Edit: this was written in response to Evo's comment that we are short on doctors, before he edited his post.

Edit 2: sorry guys, meant to be arguing here as its politics. Here goes: Your so wrong evo, cause liberal did something and labour didn't and the greens were too busy stuffing things up themselves to know. Argue, argue, argue. What would you know about stuff, argue argue
discostu956 is offline Find More Posts by discostu956