The wheels touch down FIRST??
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2009
25,387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouch View Post
it means wantee will kill you dead one touch Fking
So he's a Leb now?

You... 'ow much for the leeetle gerl... ??

BJ
BJ64 is offline Find More Posts by BJ64
Old Feb 05, 2013, 07:05 AM
Joined Jun 2009
25,387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flymess View Post
Wonder what percentage of posters on this thread are "private school" boys and which ones they are?? I'd guess a few I reckon.
You'd be guessing wrong - that's why we don't want no Ranga brainwash-handouts to buy us out... tool...

BJ
Old Feb 05, 2013, 07:26 AM
I ♥ OpenTX
Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Joined Jan 2011
2,720 Posts
Quote:
Wonder what percentage of posters on this thread are "private school" boys and which ones they are?? I'd guess a few I reckon.
It's the ones who can't tell "your" from "you're".
H2SO4 is online now Find More Posts by H2SO4
Old Feb 05, 2013, 07:45 AM
Joined Jun 2009
25,387 Posts
Oh...and here come the elocution and grammar experts yet again (in your case, it's probably "grammer").

Great to see that a single typo can make all the difference between a valid case, and a non-valid one.

Guess you don't read newspapers lately - some of those supposed "authors" flunked grade 6.

Which puts them right up there with the floozies you so often quote

BJ
Old Feb 05, 2013, 07:50 AM
A regular at PP
Joined Jan 2013
369 Posts
Quote:
Australian private schools? They're a bit of a joke on the world stage, aren't they? To get your kids a proper world class education, best send him/her to Switzerland.
AussieNewbie is offline Find More Posts by AussieNewbie
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:02 AM
I ♥ OpenTX
Joined Jan 2011
2,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ64 View Post
Oh...and here come the elocution and grammar experts yet again (in your case, it's probably "grammer").

Great to see that a single typo can make all the difference between a valid case, and a non-valid one.

Guess you don't read newspapers lately - some of those supposed "authors" flunked grade 6.

Which puts them right up there with the floozies you so often quote

BJ
I assume you're talking at me.

Relax. It was just a lame joke, and not aimed at anybody in particular. I also don't tend to correct grammerz n spelinhg and stuff, except for one particular situation where someone deserved it for being a bit of a rooster.

You seem mostly harmless.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:05 AM
Joined Jun 2009
25,387 Posts
Correction: "Australian Private Schools" teach readin, writin & rithmatic - something the 'public' school system abolished a fair while ago. Much more focused on teaching people to run before they learn to walk these days.

I mean, it's sooo important to teach a 12 year old the benefits of appreciating the gay cause or global environmental issues that they haven't even got a friggen clue of than it is to learn that if they pay 12 cents for something and pay a dollar, they should be getting 88 cents change. Whithout a calculator.

I can't speak for other State's, but down here in Vic, we have successfully bred several generations of Year 12's that manage to get through the exams - and they can't read and write. Much less compute anything more complicated than 2 + 2.

Enter the neo-Nazi fascist Greens. Latest game of theirs is to change the disrimination laws to such a point that it no longer matter of what you say - but who may be offended by it. It doesn't have to be based on any fundamental race/religious/sexual persuasion background any more - if a person at the other end of it is insulted, it's against the law. And even better yet - they don't have to justify why they considered it offensive - "just coz" is good enough.

Vote for the "Greens"...and you vote for the Scorched-Earth policy... Anti-Everything - and they don't even need a Swastika...

BJ
Last edited by BJ64; Feb 05, 2013 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Gotta read it twice Fezzo...there's typo's in there...
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:10 AM
Joined Jun 2009
25,387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2SO4 View Post
I assume you're talking at me.

Relax. It was just a lame joke, and not aimed at anybody in particular. I also don't tend to correct grammerz n spelinhg and stuff, except for one particular situation where someone deserved it for being a bit of a rooster.

You seem mostly harmless.
Patronisation is even more sincere than fake mimicry...

BJ
Last edited by BJ64; Feb 05, 2013 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Grammatically corrected - it would be "You are talking *to* me" All bow to the Korekteur of 'Roosters'
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:26 PM
I ♥ OpenTX
Joined Jan 2011
2,720 Posts
Quote:
Correction: "Australian Private Schools" teach readin, writin & rithmatic - something the 'public' school system abolished a fair while ago. Much more focused on teaching people to run before they learn to walk these days.

I mean, it's sooo important to teach a 12 year old the benefits of appreciating the gay cause or global environmental issues that they haven't even got a friggen clue of than it is to learn that if they pay 12 cents for something and pay a dollar, they should be getting 88 cents change. Whithout a calculator.

I can't speak for other State's, but down here in Vic, we have successfully bred several generations of Year 12's that manage to get through the exams - and they can't read and write. Much less compute anything more complicated than 2 + 2.

Enter the neo-Nazi fascist Greens. Latest game of theirs is to change the disrimination laws to such a point that it no longer matter of what you say - but who may be offended by it. It doesn't have to be based on any fundamental race/religious/sexual persuasion background any more - if a person at the other end of it is insulted, it's against the law. And even better yet - they don't have to justify why they considered it offensive - "just coz" is good enough.

Vote for the "Greens"...and you vote for the Scorched-Earth policy... Anti-Everything - and they don't even need a Swastika...

Last edited by BJ64; Today at 12:12 AM. Reason: Gotta read it twice Fezzo...there's typo's in there...
Quote:
Patronisation is even more sincere than fake mimicry...

Last edited by BJ64; Today at 12:18 AM. Reason: Grammatically corrected - it would be "You are talking *to* me" All bow to the Korekteur of 'Roosters'
Nah, with a prodigious posting rate like yours, it's definitely "at", not "to".

It is quite ludicrous to bemoan the supposedly dire situation in Vic education, and to "Godwin" against the Greens, while ostensibly being a Lib supporter. In Australia, as in practically every other democracy on the planet, it is the left-of-centre political parties which favour investment in broad education, while the Fascist Right-Wing Swine (i.e. Tony Abbott) seek to cut funding.

This is a cut 'n' paste from greens.org.au:
"The Australian Greens believe all Australians are entitled to free, well-funded and high quality, life-long public education and training. Higher education is a right that should be affordable and accessible for all who want to participate and engage in life long learning."
Meanwhile, the Libs favour a discriminatory user-pays approach to education, especially at the tertiary level, which ensures that the primary determinant of the quality of a person's education is the robustness of their parents' bank account. Under Lib policies, those born in Toorak or Mosman stand a much better chance of being exposed to the best professors, and of ultimately coming to understand why the word "typos" doesn't require an apostrophe.

Just as well I'm in a good mood - goin' flying
Old Feb 06, 2013, 01:58 AM
Joined Jun 2009
25,387 Posts
I like you - you're well balanced.

A chip on each shoulder...

BJ
Old Feb 06, 2013, 02:02 AM
Joined Jun 2009
25,387 Posts
Hmmm.... he looks a bit different without his suit on...

BJ
Old Feb 06, 2013, 02:18 AM
Build straight - Fly twisty
Australia, QLD, Little Mountain
Joined Feb 2010
4,408 Posts
Why have they got Tony Abbott in a Greens add?
Whiskers is offline Find More Posts by Whiskers
Old Feb 06, 2013, 02:20 AM
RoyalAustralianEasyMoneyE arner
Australia, QLD, Hervey Bay
Joined Nov 2006
846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskers View Post
Why have they got Tony Abbott in a Greens add?
Comin' from a bloke with your avatar that's good
Red Zephyr is offline Find More Posts by Red Zephyr
Old Feb 06, 2013, 02:32 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Mar 2012
1,091 Posts
Quote:

BJ
My wife is a teacher - she was doing so well with her class that parents started comparing - She was then forced to transfer on some blown up issue of child protection - now she just keeps a low profile. I guess just like any other govt dept.

Also these are the generations that are now in charge of recruitment. Old is not gold anymore they are just a burden on society. Too many ideals - too out of date. Old is well now just OLD.

And it starts at 45.

Experience = More Expensive
rcmaverick is offline Find More Posts by rcmaverick