Me, Just then.
brett.c is offline Find More Posts by brett.c
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 10, 2011, 09:58 AM
VH-SJT
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Dec 2008
407 Posts
What the hell happened here? I thought things were just starting to get civilised again?

I guess the middle of an angry mob was never going to be a good place to launch a two-sided debate, but it was interesting while it lasted.

Just to clarify once again, I don't support labor, I'll probably always be a liberal voter - but honestly, I can't stand politics in Australia. It's hideous on all sides and is ultimately little more than a popularity contest come election time.
Andrew86 is offline Find More Posts by Andrew86
Old Aug 10, 2011, 11:18 AM
What's 3D?
Australia, WA, Ellenbrook
Joined Feb 2008
3,316 Posts
It's not called Pick a Prick for nothing!
trumps is offline Find More Posts by trumps
Old Aug 10, 2011, 04:12 PM
Darling Downs Qld Australia
Joined Oct 2003
747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew86 View Post

Just to clarify once again, I don't support labor, I'll probably always be a liberal voter - but honestly, I can't stand politics in Australia. It's hideous on all sides and is ultimately little more than a popularity contest come election time.
Yep but we still have to choose between idiots and super fricking useless waste of space moronic tools. I choose the Idiots any day and not because I love them but because we have a better chance with them, im not one for voting on policies, their all piss n wind, but they draw Tony in .
MR-STI is online now Find More Posts by MR-STI
Old Aug 10, 2011, 05:31 PM
crash test dummy
Australia, New South Wales, Evans Head
Joined May 2011
58 Posts
At the end of the day the only reason we are having this debate and tax is because the red headed backstabbing clown had to sell out to the greens to keep power. end of story.
Ja_son is offline Find More Posts by Ja_son
Old Aug 10, 2011, 06:14 PM
Not a Doctor
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Aug 2006
6,916 Posts
The best may be yet to come. Clowns are often at their funniest when they are flapping around at the end of their routine.
me_wantee is offline Find More Posts by me_wantee
Old Aug 10, 2011, 06:37 PM
crash test dummy
Australia, New South Wales, Evans Head
Joined May 2011
58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by me_wantee View Post
The best may be yet to come. Clowns are often at their funniest when they are flapping around at the end of their routine.
God help us
Ja_son is offline Find More Posts by Ja_son
Old Aug 10, 2011, 09:36 PM
Its all fun
Australia, NSW, Forster
Joined Oct 2004
7,162 Posts
Well 1508 posts in here so far, and the same government is still in charge despite all the soapbox masturbation. Piss n wind isn't just in Canberra eh? Two years to go
Tonystott is offline Find More Posts by Tonystott
Old Aug 10, 2011, 10:06 PM
Not a Doctor
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Aug 2006
6,916 Posts
obvious troll is obvious.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 10:32 PM
Its all fun
Australia, NSW, Forster
Joined Oct 2004
7,162 Posts
Perspective
World Collapse Explained in 3 Minutes (2 min 45 sec)
Old Aug 10, 2011, 10:44 PM
by ZIPPER
East Kurrajong Sydney Australia
Joined Aug 2004
5,675 Posts
Sorry did I miss something?

ZIPPER is online now Find More Posts by ZIPPER
Old Aug 10, 2011, 10:48 PM
I'm torquing to you!
Wattle Grove NSW Australia
Joined Nov 2006
7,377 Posts
It was better when you were on holidays.

The perspective is Australia is getting a tax it didn't get to vote for. Which we know happens. But not in a case where 2 weeks before the election we were told by Prime Minister and Treasurer it wouldn't be happening. The treasurer even used the word "hysterical". Well now the people are hysterical and I think rightly so. The polls show it. Good luck on the two years, I hope you hang around in here for that long as I'm sure in that time they will stuff a hell of a lot more up and you can play pretend defence lawyer some more. Then we can all rub your nose in it when they lose the next election massively.

PS. if you think they are so great, bookmark this post then if Labor win the next election you can rub my nose in it. Good luck.
Mr Kamikaze is online now Find More Posts by Mr Kamikaze
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hucking my Katana MX
Old Aug 10, 2011, 11:15 PM
Foam is where the heart is
Australia, NSW, Como
Joined Aug 2010
2,234 Posts
Just like we waited in NSW, and wasn't that oh so darn good
I wonder if Julia will also get a new hair style afterwards.
brett.c is offline Find More Posts by brett.c
Old Aug 11, 2011, 12:00 AM
Its all fun
Australia, NSW, Forster
Joined Oct 2004
7,162 Posts
My point is that all the hot air and indignation shown by you lot here has achieved absolutely nothing, although I notice a trend to make mention of the Prime Minister's hi colour or style nd the width of her arse, so clearly we are in a very sophisticated level of debate.

I find the depth of feeling quite remarkable, given that Australia is doing very nicely compared to other similar nations. I also find the concept that a government formed by a coalition is only a bad thing when the coalition is not between the Liberals and Nationals rather strange. It surprises me when the roof insulation scheme is lAbelled a disaster when the official report from fire brigades and Safe Work Australia show a dramatic reduction in incidents per 100,000 installations. Similarly the BER is labelled a disaster when the highest complaint rate was 3.85% in NSW, and the responsibility fo BER implementation belonged to State governments.

Perhaps there are a few people who follow this thread are prepared to be less fanatical in their thoughts
Old Aug 11, 2011, 12:52 AM
Not a Doctor
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Aug 2006
6,916 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonystott View Post
My point is that all the hot air and indignation shown by you lot here has achieved absolutely nothing, although I notice a trend to make mention of the Prime Minister's hi colour or style nd the width of her arse, so clearly we are in a very sophisticated level of debate.

I find the depth of feeling quite remarkable, given that Australia is doing very nicely compared to other similar nations. I also find the concept that a government formed by a coalition is only a bad thing when the coalition is not between the Liberals and Nationals rather strange. It surprises me when the roof insulation scheme is lAbelled a disaster when the official report from fire brigades and Safe Work Australia show a dramatic reduction in incidents per 100,000 installations. Similarly the BER is labelled a disaster when the highest complaint rate was 3.85% in NSW, and the responsibility fo BER implementation belonged to State governments.

Perhaps there are a few people who follow this thread are prepared to be less fanatical in their thoughts
Really?? Hmmmmmmm.......................