Any one can use it.
Boomer
Boomer1 is offline Find More Posts by Boomer1
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 09, 2010, 01:52 PM
Little Rock Regional, Arkansas, United States
Joined Sep 2002
4,445 Posts
Thanks.... My friends Geico (birthday gift) is arriving tomorrow though. I did order the upgraded flexible drive shaft from Off Shore Electrics since so many of the stock ones are made up with the backwards twist in the cable. Supposed to be here tomorrow also, I hope.

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...se-geico-cable

Stringfly <>+++++
STRINGFLY is online now Find More Posts by STRINGFLY
Old Sep 09, 2010, 08:08 PM
So. Cal.
Joined Dec 2009
432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by STRINGFLY View Post
Apparently almost all of the first batch of these shipped with the WRONG direction flex cable. OSE has a pre-done correct one and is shipping all of his with it.
By some videos it will run but not very long. So make sure to check yours. See the OSE thread here. See post #8 for correct direction.

Originally Posted by Darin Jordan
You should be able to see some of the cable hear the coupler on the motor... The prop should rotate to the left. If the rotation of the strands around the cable are going counter-clockwise and you move down the length of the flex, they are reversed (right-hand) rotation. If they are clock-wise, they are standard, left-hand rotation.

The strands should be in TENSION when the prop is rotating the correct direction, tightening the cable wrap. If it's reversed, it will be trying to unwind the cable wrap, making the cable a larger diameter, and seizing in the stuffing tube, if not outright breaking.

I just put together a quick picture to illustrate...

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ad.php?t=17581

Stringfly <>+++++
Hi Stingfly,

For some reason you can't register with the site right now.

As such, could you please post the picture to illustrate the flex cable in this thread.

Thanks,

Thomas
thomaslambo is offline Find More Posts by thomaslambo
Old Sep 09, 2010, 09:01 PM
Little Rock Regional, Arkansas, United States
Joined Sep 2002
4,445 Posts
forum

Sorry, the forum is still down. Will post the drawing Darin did as soon as it is up.
Stringfly <>++++++

If you have any flex drive cable that runs a left hand prop, counter clockwise rotation looking at the rear of the prop (standard) and it works it is correct. Most (if not all ) of the new Miss Geico's came with the flex cable the opposite way (a right hand prop) I have a SuperVee extra cable here and if you hold it with motor connection up and prop nut down the cable should be wound with the left side higher than the right \\.
\\
\\
STRINGFLY is online now Find More Posts by STRINGFLY
Old Sep 09, 2010, 09:04 PM
I feel the need for speed!
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,086 Posts
Here's a pic of the cable
scorpion1 is offline Find More Posts by scorpion1
Old Sep 09, 2010, 09:22 PM
So. Cal.
Joined Dec 2009
432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by STRINGFLY View Post
Sorry, the forum is still down. Will post the drawing Darin did as soon as it is up.
Stringfly <>++++++

If you have any flex drive cable that runs a left hand prop, counter clockwise rotation looking at the rear of the prop (standard) and it works it is correct. Most (if not all ) of the new Miss Geico's came with the flex cable the opposite way (a right hand prop) I have a SuperVee extra cable here and if you hold it with motor connection up and prop nut down the cable should be wound with the left side higher than the right \\.
\\
\\
Got it...thanks
Last edited by thomaslambo; Sep 09, 2010 at 10:25 PM.
Old Sep 09, 2010, 10:03 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2 Posts
Not so happy with Miss Geico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer1 View Post
G'day,
My new Miss Geigo arrived last Monday. As I began unpacking the boat, I couldn't help wondering if the nice folks at Proboat wanted me to get it out of the box, it was packaged so well, it took some tools to extract it. The good news is it arrived in fine shape.

I must admit I was taken back, at the color. In all the photos I have seen it looked yellow. It is not, it is what I am calling "safety green" and it almost glows in the dark.

Once I got past that, I looked her over, and was pleased with the overall looks and craftsmen ship. The decals leave something to be desired. It may just be the affect of the boat's color behind the decals that causes them to seem milky, not clear.

Miss Geigo comes with a very nice double hatch design with one that is kind of like a Tupperware lid, which provides a very nice water barrier. The outer cover is held in place with a centering pin in the front, and two pretty strong magnets to hold down the back of the cover. It holds surprisingly well. I am not a big fan of taping the cover on so, I like this design.

I did pre-water prep, cleaning, tightening and lubing etc.. Then I did a pool test. Everything was ship shape!

To power the inrunner brushless (6 poll I think)I went with the two 7.4 2c 5000 30c GForce Lipos for my maiden voyage. I was pleased with the boats top speed, acceleration, slow speed throttle control was good and steering and handling were outstanding. I would characterize it's cornering as much like a "go cart" or "slot car". Very flat and sure, with no leaning.

Keep in mind the boat can go faster than it's current configuration, I am just starting out with FE's, so I didn't want to break the sound barrier on my first time on the water. There drive can be adjusted an a number of ways, so I will be trying out some different set ups as I get more time on the boat.

I am experimenting with the ESC programing. I am not sure about how is thing can "brake" but there is setting for that on the programing module.

Sorry, I was not equipped for videos, but hope to get some video in the next few weeks.

Any one out there having any input, jump in!!! More details as we move forward with this one. Miss Geigo is going to get a new paint job, so when that is done, I'll post some photos of what I hope will enhance an already sharp looking boat.

All in all, I am happy with the boat and look forward to learning how to drive it really fast...........................

Boomer
I have had my boat now for about a week. I got it before the holiday weekend and drove it probably 4 hours over the weekend at the lake. At first I was really happy with the boat no problems all weekend. Then after I turned it over 3 or 4 times this weekend and also cracked the not so sturdy canopy, now I am having problems. I just found out that Pro Boat assembled the boat incorrectly on the drive shaft(wound it backwards) and I have a new shaft coming in. Also, tonight I took it out and the controller and the turning module are not responding for some reason. What happens is I try to turn the boat and it has a delayed reaction and sometimes doesn't turn at all. I would send this boat back if I could but it is to late now. I am excited for the Traxxas Titan which I am in line to get when it comes out. I also bought a blackjack from Pro boat and it has been a little better boat, except it turns over way to easy. I also just received a X-Blaze from Banana Hobby and the motor was messed up when I got it so I sent it back today. This has been a learning experience so far, please provide me some advice if you have any. later Steve
ksgp9sy is offline Find More Posts by ksgp9sy
Old Sep 09, 2010, 10:06 PM
www.rcraceboat.com
Jefferson City, MO
Joined Feb 2009
81 Posts
I have cables ready to ship if needed. factory length and solder end. These use slightly shorter Octura stubs which work great.
Jeff Wohlt is offline Find More Posts by Jeff Wohlt
Old Sep 09, 2010, 10:17 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2 Posts
My new Geico has some issues on delayed turning and cutting out, this boat has been a disaster, one week and 5 hours of driving and it is ready for the junk yard.
ksgp9sy is offline Find More Posts by ksgp9sy
Old Sep 09, 2010, 10:29 PM
Vancouver, Canada
Joined May 2007
637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksgp9sy View Post
My new Geico has some issues on delayed turning and cutting out, this boat has been a disaster, one week and 5 hours of driving and it is ready for the junk yard.
Someone on offshore has complained of similar. Proboat is sending out new servo to him. He was able to demonstrate it dry. It would turn a few times left and right and would do something funny after. offshore is down for a day or two so can't link.
Vasy is offline Find More Posts by Vasy
Old Sep 09, 2010, 10:30 PM
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,086 Posts
Man............I'm glad i didnt spend Three and a half bills on this boat...............sounds like a nightmare from what i've read in this thread.

I'll take my chances on my HK Hornet Tunnel for $129.............
Old Sep 09, 2010, 10:33 PM
So. Cal.
Joined Dec 2009
432 Posts
Wondering about the 45amp ESC.....seems small ?

Also, are you guys using the stock Radio and Rx?

What type of Servo comes in this boat?
Old Sep 09, 2010, 10:49 PM
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,086 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaslambo View Post
Wondering about the 45amp ESC.....seems small ?

Also, are you guys using the stock Radio and Rx?

What type of Servo comes in this boat?
The whole motor/drivetrain seems undersized/low quality from what i'm reading............ It cant be very fast with a 3656(?) 1500kv motor on 4s, can it?

What this boat needs is a new flex drive and a leopard 4068-4074 in it, powered by a couple of beefy 2s lipos thru a 120a ESC. Just one man's opinion.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 12:27 AM
Boomer1
United States, CA, Temecula
Joined Sep 2009
3,382 Posts
Scorp
I bet ya, there will be one just like that or close to it in the near future.
It is a man's roll to see how fast anything will go! It is in our DNA!
Right on!
Boomer
Boomer1 is offline Find More Posts by Boomer1
Old Sep 10, 2010, 07:10 AM
www.rcraceboat.com
Jefferson City, MO
Joined Feb 2009
81 Posts
This is a solid set up for motor and ESC...very time proven. The twitching servo is just hit and miss.

I just got my hull and it will be built with 4074-2200kv, 180 ESC and probably a 78 wire drive or a 3/16" cable,4-5S lipos.

Should be around 60mph, I am hoping.
Jeff Wohlt is offline Find More Posts by Jeff Wohlt