HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 07, 2010, 07:21 PM
Boomer1
United States, CA, Temecula
Joined Sep 2009
3,438 Posts
Sounds like a jello mold

HJ
I have heard of this approach on another thread. It sounds like fun! So far the high end water proof weather stripping I have been using has been working. The key for me has been to create adequate pressure evenly distributed around the hatch.
STRINGFLY
I will be looking at props in the near future, but for now the Geigo seems to run nicely with the set up I have.

Thanks guys
Boomer
Boomer1 is offline Find More Posts by Boomer1
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2010, 07:53 PM
Boomer1
Joined Sep 2009
3,438 Posts
One more observation

I forgot to report that the boat stand Proboat provides doesn't work well as well as it could if it fit inside the tunnel.
They made it so the boat rest on the sponsons, offering not stability.
You could knock it off without thinking twice. The support beams should fit between the sponsons to provide a safe resting place of the boat.

In summary, it is too wide. If they fix that it will have to be taller. I have advised Proboat tech support. They agreeded and promised to see if this could be corrected in the not to distant future. Too late for me, but hey that is why they invented PVC pipe and fittings, right...............

Boomer
Last edited by Boomer1; Oct 02, 2010 at 10:53 AM.
Old Sep 08, 2010, 07:05 AM
Wave Riding Vehicles
Louisburg,North Carolina
Joined Jun 2009
1,643 Posts
I agree Boomer all my boats came with balsa stands but i tryed some pvc ones also and like them better with fom tube covering like you would get to cover your pipes under your house and it comes with sticky already on it to close it around the pvc,,very nice and cheap..then some nylon cord threw it and you got a stand and boat carryer...
HYDROJERRY is offline Find More Posts by HYDROJERRY
Old Sep 08, 2010, 11:06 AM
Boomer1
Joined Sep 2009
3,438 Posts
This boat kind of grows on you.

The more I look at this boat, the better I like it. Every thing works, it came with good running gear, it is nicely rigged, handles great, goes pretty fast with the modest lipos I started with, runs cool and grabs lots of oos and ahhs
from on lookers.

Many of my RC boats are replicas of actual boats. I like to learn as much as I can about my RC boat's big brothers, which so far has been very interesting. The more I find out about the Miss Geigo, the more the “pride of ownership” grows. I suppose that may sound a bit goofy to some, but it works for me.

I have been watching some YouTube videos of the real boat and found some of an amazing twin turbine RC version of the Miss Geico that is spectacular! Check these out

Enjoy
Boomer

Twin turbine RC Miss Geigo
Turbine Powered Model of the Miss GEICO Mystic (2 min 12 sec)

The real thing
Hot New 210 mph Miss Geico Mystic (6 min 25 sec)

Differenct version of this boat 210mph first run!
210 mph new turbine Miss Geico Racing (2 min 51 sec)

The RC twin turbine is amazing! Guess if you have enough money, the sky is the limit.
Enjoy
Last edited by Boomer1; Sep 10, 2010 at 11:00 PM.
Old Sep 08, 2010, 11:20 AM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
22,861 Posts
RikyRik of the Violator's is looking to get one now. You guys can race each other at Hansen.
Kmot is offline Find More Posts by Kmot
Old Sep 08, 2010, 03:28 PM
Wave Riding Vehicles
Louisburg,North Carolina
Joined Jun 2009
1,643 Posts
Many of the guys on the OSE forum already have them and if you have questions they have many posts over there but in time these guys will have posts all over also,,,so buy looking at the vids and looking at the Proboat geico and other rc geico's on you tube what color is it??? i think the real on is not noen yellow but a noen yellowish green,,what would you guys say,,,
HYDROJERRY is offline Find More Posts by HYDROJERRY
Old Sep 08, 2010, 08:35 PM
Boomer1
Joined Sep 2009
3,438 Posts
Proboat Miss Geico flex shaft - possible issue

FYI - I contacted Proboat tech support today to discuss the flex shaft issue being discussed on the RC forums. It was confirmed they know there may be an issue. This fellow said he had not taken any calls on this problem. He ordered a new flex shaft for me, and promised one would be sent as soon as they received their new replacement shafts.

Because the boat is brand new, the full scope of this is not clear. It could be there are just a few defective flex shafts. They are responding responsibly as you would expect. Coming from manufacturing, I know it will take time to investigate to determine the facts. Since these things are made off shore, it makes it more time intensive. Inspection reports, QC reports, run logs all have to be reviewed, samples aquired and evaluated etc. Root cause has to be determine, corrective action determined and on and on.

I am confident they'll have a handle on this in an acceptable time frame. My dealings with them lead me to this conclusion. A short delay is ok for me, as I am going to start paint prep for my boat. The color doesn't bug me as much as it did when I opened the box, but I know the boat will look even better with a proper paint scheme. Time will tell.

Boomer
Last edited by Boomer1; Sep 10, 2010 at 11:01 PM.
Old Sep 08, 2010, 08:43 PM
I feel the need for speed!
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,086 Posts
What color/scheme?
scorpion1 is offline Find More Posts by scorpion1
Old Sep 08, 2010, 09:20 PM
Little Rock Regional, Arkansas, United States
Joined Sep 2002
4,585 Posts
Miss Geico

There may be one to run this weekend...... (with a OSE correct flex shaft )

Stringfly <>+++++
STRINGFLY is offline Find More Posts by STRINGFLY
Old Sep 08, 2010, 09:24 PM
Boomer1
Joined Sep 2009
3,438 Posts
Ideas for my new paint job

Scorp,
I attached a couple paint schemes I like. While I won't copy them, I will use them as inpiration. I have to stick to straight colors like these, since I don't know how to do fades yet. To me, this hull is screaming for a very cool paint job.

Boomer
Old Sep 09, 2010, 06:57 AM
I feel the need for speed!
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,086 Posts
Nice!!

Stringfly: Got something up your sleeve??
scorpion1 is offline Find More Posts by scorpion1
Old Sep 09, 2010, 07:45 AM
So. Cal.
Joined Dec 2009
432 Posts
Boomer1,

If you're interested I know a person who does excellent graphics of anything you want at very reasonable prices. They can redo all the Geico graphics with far better quality (or anything else you like...all they need is an image).

If you have any interest, PM me and I'll give you the contact name....and the good news is their in the US so turnaround time is very quick

Regards
thomaslambo is offline Find More Posts by thomaslambo
Old Sep 09, 2010, 08:13 AM
Little Rock Regional, Arkansas, United States
Joined Sep 2002
4,585 Posts
Flex shaft

Boomer1, Was your flex shaft backwards or was it correct ????

Stringfly <>++++
STRINGFLY is offline Find More Posts by STRINGFLY
Old Sep 09, 2010, 11:53 AM
Boomer1
Joined Sep 2009
3,438 Posts
Looks like it

The shaft appears to be installed correctly and wound in the right direction. I am getting the replacement as a back up.

My wide open runs on the boat were in burst, but not like you guys do at the lake.
It handles and tracks very well, but I need to develop my skills and work on reading the boats location in relation to objects in the water that are 100's of yards away, like turn buoys and other boats. My eye sight is pretty good, but I am realistic about this and know to be good at this is a practiced and developed skill.
These little guys haul butt, and are a bit fragile, so I'd just as soon take it a little easy until I am confident I won't hurt yours or someone else's boat.
Once I am there, I will be in the chase.

Have you ordered one, did you use the 10% off coupon I posted??
Boomer
Old Sep 09, 2010, 11:54 AM
Boomer1
Joined Sep 2009
3,438 Posts
Sent you a PM

thomaslambo
Thanks, like to learn more.
Boomer