HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 06, 2011, 10:20 PM
Luck is my skill
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Jun 2009
1,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAMJET View Post
I'm running 1000mA 3s batts. Rarely do I go to full power and mostly run at 50 - 60% so the motor and esc are running cool. I find it too fast flat out but it will continue vertical until too small for orientation.

I have the elevator rods in the middle hole and expo'd down, as it is powerful in pitch.

Just make sure the Cog is correct as this bird is quite tail heavy.
Thanks for the answer!

Like an impatient kid, I pulled the trigger on a couple of 1800mAh 2s so I'll be runnin this 2s for a while.

1 more question, for 2s setup which GWS prop would you recommend?
queadlunnrau is online now Find More Posts by queadlunnrau
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2011, 08:21 PM
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Putrajaya, Putrajaya
Joined Apr 2009
199 Posts
i had flown my fms mini p51 with 1500mah 3s and doing fine. using TowerPro 18A esc. full throttle a few second and the esc seem ok.
acuamie is offline Find More Posts by acuamie
Old Feb 08, 2011, 09:06 AM
Solve et cuagula
Joined Oct 2009
163 Posts
2410-12D motor wit a 30A ESC and 1500Mah 3S 30C.... it screams.
Moved the LG wheels back to just in front the CG to keep it from bouncing on landing.
It is just a thing of beauty... Like her big sister is...
Omhra is offline Find More Posts by Omhra
Old Feb 10, 2011, 01:10 AM
2 metre rule applies!
BOOGI, Australia
Joined Dec 2008
1,228 Posts
Quead,

I'm sure the 1800's will be ok as long as they fit the batt area they should be good for forward weight which is what we all are discovering is needed.

My 3s is pulling a 7060 very nicely. I have had an 8043 on it briefly and it seemed to run nice also. The only prop I had problems with was a stiffer 8060 which I thought would be good but performance was reduced markedly!

I would think that an 8043 or even 8060 would do well on 2s. Mine were GWS slowflyer props. The 7060 howls with cavitation before release but is super quiet at power in flight.

It continually turns heads with its form and turn of speed!
DRAMJET is offline Find More Posts by DRAMJET
Old Feb 10, 2011, 08:10 AM
Coral Springs, FL
Joined Mar 2010
408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omhra View Post
2410-12D motor wit a 30A ESC and 1500Mah 3S 30C.... it screams.
Moved the LG wheels back to just in front the CG to keep it from bouncing on landing.
It is just a thing of beauty... Like her big sister is...
What prop (manuf. & size) are you using, please?
gatorlynch is offline Find More Posts by gatorlynch
Old Mar 27, 2011, 03:07 PM
Coral Springs, FL
Joined Mar 2010
408 Posts
OK to belly land ?

Omhra - what prop are you using, please?

also -
I'm wanting to convert my Corsair to a belly lander, but I'm afraid the aileron servos will get damaged. With the gull wing, it seems to me the servo horns will hit before the fuselage and stip the gears.

Anybody have any experience with this?

Thanks for any input.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 06:19 PM
2 metre rule applies!
BOOGI, Australia
Joined Dec 2008
1,228 Posts
Gator, I ditched the wheels a few weeks into ownership as landing on grass soccer field resulted in mostly tail over manouvres and a cracked fin. So for 2 months I have been belly landing with no damage to the servos. Although I was aware that there could be problems I have had none so far. As you know it takes a long glide to bleed off energy for touchdown and aim for as slow as possible touchdown speed. I haven't programmed flaps so it is landing clean.

Also it does look better flying clean and at 3/4 throttle leaps out of my hand from an underhanded lob at about 50-60 degree angle.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 11:55 AM
Joined Apr 2009
199 Posts
anyone know how to repair the rear wheel (mini corsair) or any mod of that area. my iron binding to the wheel has been broken. tq
Old Mar 28, 2011, 12:16 PM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorlynch View Post
Omhra - what prop are you using, please?

also -
I'm wanting to convert my Corsair to a belly lander, but I'm afraid the aileron servos will get damaged. With the gull wing, it seems to me the servo horns will hit before the fuselage and stip the gears.

Anybody have any experience with this?

Thanks for any input.
I've not flown mine yet but I plan to belly land as well.
I added wing skids to mine right by the servo to protect the horns.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=8702

flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 29, 2011, 08:47 PM
Coral Springs, FL
Joined Mar 2010
408 Posts
Dramjet - thanks for the input. I'm going to start belly landing mine. It will be a lot easier, as I never got to where I could consistently land well on the gear. Plus, removing the tail wheel will help reduce the nose weight needed to balance.

Schooner2000 - I like your idea of skids to protect the servos. I'm going to go the el cheapo route and just stick a tapered piece of credit card plastic into the wing with some CA. My Corsair is so beat up now, I'm past the point of caring what she looks like ...
Old Mar 29, 2011, 09:03 PM
Coral Springs, FL
Joined Mar 2010
408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acuamie View Post
anyone know how to repair the rear wheel (mini corsair) or any mod of that area. my iron binding to the wheel has been broken. tq
Try this post from another thread. Hope this helps.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=862
Old Mar 30, 2011, 12:11 AM
Joined Apr 2009
199 Posts
gatorlynch : good job bro. i'll use this for my p51. but for fms mini corsair i cant find any screw to unlock. before i open everything need to know how they assemble the rear wheel.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 04:06 AM
2 metre rule applies!
BOOGI, Australia
Joined Dec 2008
1,228 Posts
Acuamie,

no screws involved with this one. Mine started to pull out from belly landing in the grass so I removed for when I need to have wheels again. Pics show it is just pressed in and glued so removal will just be like extracting a tooth (minus the cost!)

The wire is actually bent into the slot at the base of the plastic clip so you could bend your own replacement if that is what has been broken. Looks like it is bent into a U shape and pressed into the slot. Hope this helps.

Schooner, I like your idea ditto with Gators. The way the wing is shaped means that the landing is taken on the gear clip area and not primarily on the servo and rods so these only take the passing grass leaves and runners if you get a wings level landing. Mine probably gets a hiding with some wing down on touchdown but as I said no damage to either yet. Maybe an extension in the gear area like a pair of bombs or drop tanks would lift the servos up and out of the fast grass but I dont know if the Corsair actually carried any so may spoil the almost scale looks.
Last edited by DRAMJET; Mar 30, 2011 at 04:04 PM.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 11:47 PM
Joined Apr 2009
199 Posts
this is my problem.

any suggestion on how to repair those rear wheel. (fms mini/800 corsair)
Old Mar 31, 2011, 12:42 AM
2 metre rule applies!
BOOGI, Australia
Joined Dec 2008
1,228 Posts
Acuamie, pics of where my tail wheel came out from the fuselage. The tail wheel assembly is the same as that on the P51 and instead of clipping to the outside of the rudder it pushes into the two slots so use some glue so mine was not able to turn. Hope this helps