Old Jan 05, 2011, 11:14 AM
Weni, wedi, Java...
Casper, Wyoming
Joined Nov 2009
1,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAMJET View Post
Gator,

I hold the fuse from above and just let it power out at about a 45 deg angle with a light upward toss. It has more than enough power but will torque roll left so I give it about 3/4 thrust.
LISTEN to the man!... I tried an overhand/javelin launch and it rolled left JUST like he says...It smacked the ground, broke the prop.
I've whacked this plane REALLY good about 3 times and all I've lost was 2 props...TOUGH plane!!
I finally put in expo and it tamed it right down!...Flies almost as good as an ArtTech Corsair.

Gator: Painting the belly of this plane white is GREAT advice also!...It sure is a dark beast up in the air!! The white will sure help orientation.
Brent Slensker is offline Find More Posts by Brent Slensker
Last edited by Brent Slensker; Jan 05, 2011 at 11:20 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2011, 01:21 AM
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Putrajaya, Putrajaya
Joined Apr 2009
199 Posts
i own this plane. just add 60gram of modelling clay like tony do in youtube and fly superb with 1000mah 2s batteries. just need to see how do you use 3s lipo inside there. photo please.....
acuamie is offline Find More Posts by acuamie
Old Jan 26, 2011, 01:23 AM
Joined Apr 2009
199 Posts
add... my mini p40, mini p51d from fms 60gram too... maybe this is my trick to counter this fms mini warbird. and fly superb also.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 10:13 AM
Coral Springs, FL
Joined Mar 2010
409 Posts
Acuamie -

A 3s will fit - depending on the size. This is a 1250mah. It is a tight fit & you might have to remove some foam to make the hole bigger. I did remove the lip at the rear of the bottom tray - and it has pushed down over time, as the first picture shows. I have added a piece of duct tape to the battery to help remove it without pulling on the wiring. Hope this helps ...
gatorlynch is offline Find More Posts by gatorlynch
Old Jan 26, 2011, 10:22 AM
Weni, wedi, Java...
Casper, Wyoming
Joined Nov 2009
1,097 Posts
Mine has cork-screwed into the ground twice. All control surfaces are solid still...I wish I knew what was happening. Motor destroyed... I want to get the SAME motor, but am having trouble finding it.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 05:29 AM
Joined Apr 2009
199 Posts
gatorlynch : haha even an ant cant get thru. tanx a lot bro. now i'll do it your way. if anyone had a better idea cmon bro just shoot.

Brent Slensker : im using a tower pro 1400kv to replace the stock motor. just make sure had more angle on right and down thrust. how many degree hmmm.. just trial and error. but my experiance with fms mini spitfire the torque with new motor huhu.. "WWOOOOOTTTT"

is there any small retract to use in this size epo? .....
Old Jan 27, 2011, 04:31 PM
Coral Springs, FL
Joined Mar 2010
409 Posts
A Hat-Cam video of my beat up Corsair

Airfield (FMS) F4U - Hat Cam (2 min 20 sec)
gatorlynch is offline Find More Posts by gatorlynch
Old Jan 27, 2011, 04:38 PM
Weni, wedi, Java...
Casper, Wyoming
Joined Nov 2009
1,097 Posts
Cool!...Looks just like my Corsair!
Old Jan 28, 2011, 12:17 AM
2 metre rule applies!
BOOGI, Australia
Joined Dec 2008
1,235 Posts
Acuamie, I am now using 1000mAh 3 cell batt @86g from HK..
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idproduct=9163
Like Gator I had to remove the lip on the back end of the batt tray but the batt size is tight in the slot so it wont move inflight. It is hard to remove but at present I'm pulling by the wires(gasp...oh no...)

The 3s batt makes this thing hoot on a 7040 prop. Tried a 8060 that I had as it was a bit heavier and less flex but it gave much less performance than the 7040 or 8040 SFs, The 7040 cavitates and howls at full power before launch but rarely whilst full throttle flying.

I have a 15g batt (not connected) under the motor mount to balance forward otherwise it pitches up on power down, not nice for landings.

Was flying the other day and could hear an unusual noise with the power a few minutes into the battery. Landed and the nose cowl had moved forward (!) and so the back of the prop was rubbing on the cowl front! Absolutely dont know how on earth this could have happened as the cowl is quite tight on the forward mount of the fuselage but replaced the prop and touched up the white foam with a blue Artline marker and almost as good as new except for the stress marks from the nose in crash I had early that knocked the wing off, but like the rest of you it repaired, looks a bit ragged but is a lot of fun to fly.
DRAMJET is offline Find More Posts by DRAMJET
Old Jan 28, 2011, 05:24 AM
Joined Apr 2009
199 Posts
haha.. nice flying video gator.. very good epo and maybe this lovely bird need a paint job now. hope u dont test the tarmax that hard next time.
dream: im doing exactly what you say bro. even now thinking to cut all those thing inside there to make bigger battery compartment.

what do i like on this bird: it can fit in my motorcycle box. hahaha... fly anywhere anytime.
Old Feb 04, 2011, 05:39 PM
Luck is my skill
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Jun 2009
1,172 Posts
Couple of newb questions.

Is anyone running this 3s with the stock setup?

What would anyone recomend the max throws for the elevators?
queadlunnrau is offline Find More Posts by queadlunnrau
Old Feb 04, 2011, 08:59 PM
United States, CA, Baldwin Park
Joined Jun 2004
2,024 Posts
I just modded up the Corsair with a 3s 800mah on the stock setup. Going to do the flight on Monday so look for the video on Nitroplanes youtube channel The motor does get a bit warm on full throttle so extra cooling holes is needed. Not sure how long the motor will last since it's only rated for a 2s battery
TonyTypeS is offline Find More Posts by TonyTypeS
Old Feb 05, 2011, 01:33 AM
2 metre rule applies!
BOOGI, Australia
Joined Dec 2008
1,235 Posts
I'm running 1000mA 3s batts. Rarely do I go to full power and mostly run at 50 - 60% so the motor and esc are running cool. I find it too fast flat out but it will continue vertical until too small for orientation.

I have the elevator rods in the middle hole and expo'd down, as it is powerful in pitch.

Just make sure the Cog is correct as this bird is quite tail heavy.
DRAMJET is offline Find More Posts by DRAMJET
Old Feb 05, 2011, 08:36 AM
Weni, wedi, Java...
Casper, Wyoming
Joined Nov 2009
1,097 Posts
I have added a rudder servo, steerable tail wheel and taken out both pieces of steel weights from the nose...I was flying with a 1300 mA 2S battery but the CG was still tail heavy....Next time I'm not doing those mods...
Old Feb 05, 2011, 10:22 AM
USA, SE Wisconsin
Joined May 2009
2,375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAMJET View Post
I'm running 1000mA 3s batts. Rarely do I go to full power and mostly run at 50 - 60% so the motor and esc are running cool. I find it too fast flat out but it will continue vertical until too small for orientation.

I have the elevator rods in the middle hole and expo'd down, as it is powerful in pitch.

Just make sure the Cog is correct as this bird is quite tail heavy.
This is my setup as well. It balanced perfectly with the 1000 3S.
crucial is offline Find More Posts by crucial