HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:19 PM
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Jan 2013
28 Posts
Hey Guys, i just had this plane arrive, though its the hobbyking version, just a couple of questions, the vertical stabilizer has a bend in it, is boiling water the go for fixing this?

Also the horizontal stabilizer has a some what even curve across it, curving down, is this how it should be or should it be completly flat?

Great thread BTW.

Cheers
Brent
Brentos is offline Find More Posts by Brentos
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:16 PM
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Jan 2013
28 Posts
I maidened this bird this morning and four successful flights! I feel as though i had the plane setup perfectly with CG as per this thread, just slightly nose heavy on the first panel line, once in the air it need trimming badly as it was almost uncontrolable.

It needed a heap of up elevator to keep it level and actually sits a couple of mm higher than the stabilizer, could it be to nose heavy?? it also needed a heap of left aileron to keep it level even though everything looked perfect.

once i got it trimmed it flies beautiful although one of my underhand launched nearly put it into the deck with the hard left roll lol. its also damn hard to see at times too, i think once i get the hang of this thing it will be a lot of fun.
Brentos is offline Find More Posts by Brentos
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:58 PM
How do I land this thing?
United States, IN, Warsaw
Joined Feb 2012
217 Posts
the horizontal stab sometimes has the wrong incidence in it on these models. think of it as the stabilizer acting like a one piece elevator. you can either leave it with the trim in the elevator or cut it and re-glue it level with the wing. I'm pretty sure I'm doing a terrible job explaining this but I hope it gets through.
fathergoat is offline Find More Posts by fathergoat
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:40 PM
United States, FL, Satellite Beach
Joined Jul 2012
524 Posts
Flew the little F4U today, checked performance of the shortened FMS 2 blader vs APC 7x6 E. The shortened FMS prop had better performance at all levels, not even close. Forgot how much fun this one is, great little bird.
comanch is offline Find More Posts by comanch
Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:29 AM
Joined Jul 2012
524 Posts
bump for Arxangel.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 03:14 AM
Joined Jan 2008
100 Posts
Could someone please post a link to the correct propeller adaptor if I were to use this GWS 7x6 propeller?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...6pcs_set_.html

I'm a heli guy and got really confused what propeller saver to use with this plane. I havent ordered it yet but would like to get all the parts in one cart.
mr_pi is offline Find More Posts by mr_pi
Old Jul 29, 2013, 09:15 PM
Canada, MB
Joined Feb 2012
505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_pi View Post
Could someone please post a link to the correct propeller adaptor if I were to use this GWS 7x6 propeller?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...6pcs_set_.html

I'm a heli guy and got really confused what propeller saver to use with this plane. I havent ordered it yet but would like to get all the parts in one cart.
These are the ones I purchased although I have not installed them yet.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=8240
Flying By is offline Find More Posts by Flying By
Old Jul 30, 2013, 10:36 PM
Ahh another money pit. :)
United States, CA, Simi Valley
Joined Feb 2013
559 Posts
Hi
The 2607 1400kv motor seems under powered on a 2s. I have run an ROC 3s 500mah 30c it can go almost vertical but not quite. Wondering if any one else has tried a 3s battery.

Tom B.
Tom B 1956 is offline Find More Posts by Tom B 1956
Last edited by Tom B 1956; Jul 31, 2013 at 02:18 AM.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 01:06 PM
Canada, MB
Joined Feb 2012
505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom B 1956 View Post
Hi
The 2607 1400kv motor seems under powered on a 2s. I have run an ROC 3s 500mah 30c it can go almost vertical but not quite. Wondering if any one else has tried a 3s battery.

Tom B.
All I run is 1300mah 3s. Do the hatch mod and push batteries forward. She flies great just watch out for roll to left on take off. Needs some right rudder to compensate.
Flying By is offline Find More Posts by Flying By
Old Jul 31, 2013, 02:53 PM
Joined Jul 2012
524 Posts
Was just able to slide a 3s 1000ma skylipo in it. Also put a 30a ESC in it as am using 30 & 40c batts. Changed the connectors to bullets to carry more juice. On the stock motor and 3 blade prop it would go vert as long as wished. Eventually did the hatch mod, swapped the motor and used the 2 blade FMS prop.
Old Mar 03, 2014, 09:04 PM
United States, MD, La Plata
Joined Jun 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentos View Post
Hey Guys, i just had this plane arrive, though its the hobbyking version, just a couple of questions, the vertical stabilizer has a bend in it, is boiling water the go for fixing this?

Also the horizontal stabilizer has a some what even curve across it, curving down, is this how it should be or should it be completly flat?

Great thread BTW.

Cheers
Brent
Brentos, mine arrived with the exact same problem. I straightened it by pressing the stab between a wet dish towel or wash cloth which I warmed in the microwave and a dry towel placed on a table. The towel doesn't have to be steaming hot and you don't need to get crazy with the pressure. It may take a couple of passes but once you get it straight, it will stay there.
Icarusdanoob is offline Find More Posts by Icarusdanoob
Old Mar 03, 2014, 09:08 PM
United States, MD, La Plata
Joined Jun 2012
331 Posts
Torque roll happens because the wings lack lift at low airspeed. Exact same reason they stall on landings. Easy on the silly stick at takeoff... Heavy on approach
The original 3 blade 7x6 looks way small. Has anyone tried an 8" 3 blade on this plane? I noticed the FMS version 2 is swinging a 4 blade with a 1700KV bell motor... I would love to get that prop and adapter if they weren't so ridiculously priced AND out of stock....
Icarusdanoob is offline Find More Posts by Icarusdanoob
Last edited by Icarusdanoob; Mar 03, 2014 at 09:27 PM.