SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by owlsabie, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 06, 2010, 02:22 PM
South Africa
Joined Feb 2009
2,781 Posts
Discussion
New fleet

The fleet is nearing completion - my birthday present from my parents is almost done, and I hope to have the sinbad ready to cover in 3 or 4 weeks- I will post pics as things are finished. My long term project, the autogyro is progressing slowly . . .

Right - this one is built, and ready to maiden. It just needs some decoration. Foam is really nice to work with, and the kit was of excellent quality. All that was needed was epoxy, a knife and sandpaper.

I've generally avoided sticks, but I'm glad I've got one. Maiden soon

26.09.2010 - This plane is a keeper Its gentle, slow but has plenty of power and is aerobatic. Got a number of flights in and really enjoyed it
owlsabie is online now Find More Posts by owlsabie
Last edited by owlsabie; Sep 26, 2010 at 10:47 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 13, 2010, 03:30 PM
Scott R/C Time Pilot
NorthBend/Coos Bay,Oregon USA
Joined Dec 2009
1,492 Posts
Very COOL Al. that Stick looks looks like hella fun Good building too.

Scott
orange&white is offline Find More Posts by orange&white
Old Sep 16, 2010, 08:34 PM
Is it suppose to do that?
USA, CT, Waterbury
Joined Sep 2006
1,118 Posts
Looking Good

Hey Al:

How's it going. Sorry I have not written in a while. The Ultimate is still alive, but going through a total make over (make up) I am painting my own pattern and it is coming out pretty good. I will post some photos to my blog when I am done. I have been flying a Mini Funtana....a real fun airplane to fly....flies like a dart.

Sean
moscow580 is offline Find More Posts by moscow580
Old Sep 17, 2010, 08:13 AM
South Africa
Joined Feb 2009
2,781 Posts
Hi Sean - its going well! My building season is coming to an end, and flying is starting again in earnest! My ultimate is intact, but resting for the moment. The funtana is apparently a lovely plane. I'm a bit scared of low wing aerobats at the moment after flying my bazooka - they are really quick. Happy flying
Old Sep 19, 2010, 10:37 PM
Is it suppose to do that?
USA, CT, Waterbury
Joined Sep 2006
1,118 Posts
The Funtana is not so Scary

Hi Al:

I must admit that when I crashed my Ultimate and was putting back together (which is does in a jiffy - new paint scheme coming - stay tuned) I decided to take out the Mini Funtana that I traded for. I thought for sure that it would be a hard plane to fly, but you know, I used my Futaba 6ex to trim down the EPA on all surfaces and it behaved liked a purring pussycat. Now 20+ flights later and I let it rip, with multiple barrel rolls, stall dives...etc. I really am having fun. Give a rip, start off with high when taking off (I actually throw mine - not so good landing gear) and then I throttle back to 1/2-3/4 and it flies great. I even allowed my friend to take over - it was his first time flying an RC airplane.....pussycat.

Sean
moscow580 is offline Find More Posts by moscow580
Old May 27, 2011, 11:30 AM
South Africa
Joined Feb 2009
2,781 Posts
Aerobatics in 1 week

I been persuaded to try a "funfly" comp - a bid step as I don't really do aeros. So after work I've been off to the park and practicing rolls loops and spot landings with the stick, and most of the time in sonmething more than a breeze!. I have to say that its an amazing plane . . . Although I think I prefer my old timers - but then they are a completely different flying experience
Old May 28, 2011, 08:16 AM
South Africa
Joined Feb 2009
2,781 Posts
Well - although I didn't take part in all the events, both the stick and I survived, and had a lot of fun! I need to work on my rolls - so that they look more roll like, but now the confidence is there