HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 06, 2010, 02:47 AM
Joined Jul 2010
3 Posts
Discussion
Rustler vxl upgrades and tips

I got a rustler vxl with rpm front and rear a arms rpm front bumper and a wheelie bar

can you guys give me tips on how to make it faster and suggestion for tires that i should get and what type of lipo

what other upgrades should i get

thanks
RUSTLER VXL is offline Find More Posts by RUSTLER VXL
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2010, 06:57 AM
Nice day for RC'ing
Palmerston On. Canada
Joined Jul 2010
1,663 Posts
When you say faster do you mean all out in a straight line down the road or do you still want it go off road etc.
If all out speed is what you want a 3s lipo would give you that for sure. let us know how you use it and what type of terrain you run. For tires you cant go wrong with pro-lines, I run the dirt works on my truck and they handle most terrain great. They do ballon alot over 40 mph though.
Redfisher is offline Find More Posts by Redfisher
Old Sep 06, 2010, 12:30 PM
USA, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Aug 2008
3,416 Posts
alright, most of the essential upgrades are already on your truck with the rpm parts. there is one more part that you need to make a pretty much bullet proof rustler, and that is aluminum castor blocks and bearing carriers. with those, you'll have a pretty much bullet proof truck. it still might break, but it's not as likely. i'd get several 2s lipo's, 5000mah 20c at least, from www.hobbyking.com or www.hobbypartz.com and one 5000mah 30c 3s lipo for when you want stupid fast and showoff speeds. 2s is plenty for normal running, but 3s is nice for speed runs and stupidity running.
jettrooper02 is offline Find More Posts by jettrooper02
Old Sep 06, 2010, 03:26 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,108 Posts
You have a VXL rustler so that mean VXL-3 and VeliNeon 3500kv motor so you can run on 3S lipo and you want faster? Any faster and it wont be steerable.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip