HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by lmopar69, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 05, 2010, 10:19 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
United States, NE, Doniphan
Joined Feb 2005
7,845 Posts
Discussion
Wanna help with the Warlords Afghanistan "Police van"?

So, those of you who know me, know that Im a bit "resourceful". I found this van abandoned here in Kandahar, asked for it from the MP's, got it, spent A LOT of time getting it running and legal, then handed it off to my buddies at the motor pool.

Here is the basic story.... the "asking for your help part" is at the end...

13 hours later, I got my van back! When it went in, it was a "normal" 15 passenger Dodge 350 van that would not go over 10mph due to fuel starvation. It came back with LED lights on the front bumper hooked to a guarded switch, LED light bar under the back bumper for added visibility, twin whips on the back (just for looks). "Graphics" on the front, back, and sides. 4 brand new tires, fresh oil, new fuel pump, fresh coolant. Red interior lights, all signals, and other lights replaced.

They want to do a TON more work to it, like bars over the windows (police theme), more black paint (doors/fenders), add our unit logo (doors), more red lights inside, a sunroof, hood scoop, big old spoiler in the back, and anything else they can find.

So, does anyone have or have access to some BIG sub woofers and maybe an amp? How about a musical horn? A PA system? A LOT of window tint? Maybe a CB? Some fuzzy dice? Seat covers? Steering wheel ball? ANYTHING!!! If you guys can find it, we will find a way to install it!!! We have a good start on this crazy lookin "police van" but it needs to be insane!

Help us and be part of the madness! Of course, I will keep everyone updated with pictures.

I'll tell you, the guys are loving this project. Not only because it provides us with decent transportation (something we have been VERY lacking of) but because its OURS to do what we want with. May as well have some fun in our down time!

Thanks in advance guys,

Laine.
lmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by lmopar69
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 05, 2010, 11:18 AM
Ireland
Joined Apr 2001
4,027 Posts
pimp my ride / overhauling?

i am sure if you contact the guys who did those programs (i am not yank so have no idea if they are still being done) they would be willing to advice you.

personally i am a "sleeper" kind of guy and prefer understated ineriors .

btw ever though to include a "launch pad" for either helis or planes?

and a rack for a few wings ect?

cmulder is offline Find More Posts by cmulder
Old Sep 05, 2010, 11:24 AM
Ireland
Joined Apr 2001
4,027 Posts
btw i am not sure if its legal there (its not here) but what about stripp the paint and polishing the metal ?
especialy for the roof that would keep the temp a bit down.
cmulder is offline Find More Posts by cmulder
Old Sep 05, 2010, 11:51 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,845 Posts
LOL, interresting ideas for sure! We had some plans to paint a big heli pad "H" on the roof. Since this van is ours, we can pretty much do what ever we want to it.

You would be surprised at how something so silly as a big ugly van with some stuff bolted to it can make so many guys so happy. These guys are having a ball with this thing, plus, its EXCELLENT transportation for us to get to work! No more huge bus with no windows or A/C for the Warlords!

Laine.
Old Sep 05, 2010, 11:52 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,845 Posts
We'll call it "Pimp The Warlords Afghanistan Policia Van"
Old Sep 05, 2010, 11:53 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,845 Posts
Oh, and did I mention... Yes it IS A MOPAR!!!!
Old Sep 05, 2010, 11:58 AM
Out(of Mind) Back Soon(I HOPE)
Fleming, Colorado
Joined May 2008
200 Posts
LOL LOL!!! Let me dig in my "junque" might find a lights and siren control box and speaker. Will have to dig --I haven't seen it in a while. Great project for all!!
Have A Great Day
Terry
andersot is offline Find More Posts by andersot
Old Sep 05, 2010, 07:44 PM
Fill'er Up!
Oxnard, Ca
Joined Oct 2008
1,796 Posts
Sweet man! glad you got somethin' to have fun with over there! Sorry, don't have anything fun to send you except support. Go sir, and make a beast of a Police van!
mattyhawk is offline Find More Posts by mattyhawk
Old Sep 06, 2010, 07:19 AM
Canada, ON, Windsor
Joined Apr 2008
973 Posts
Great idea. Love to see this on Speedvision.

Wish I still has some of my goodies left over from the auto business.

Any drivetrains left from destroyed Humvees?

Stay safe.
Cougar429 is offline Find More Posts by Cougar429
Old Sep 06, 2010, 09:36 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,845 Posts
Thanks guys.

Got some more painting done, but it got dark, no pics till tomorrow.

Laine.
Old Sep 06, 2010, 09:03 PM
Out(of Mind) Back Soon(I HOPE)
Fleming, Colorado
Joined May 2008
200 Posts
I have a Code 3 siren PA /light control box I will check it out tomorrow. Not sure about the light control end of it but the PA, siren and Ex radio worked last time I tried it. I haven't had any luck with the "grill speaker" still looking. If anyone out there has a working spkr they can send???? I have a couple of other places to try too.
That would give you : air horn, yelp, hi/lo,and wail with PA and external radio. I will let you know more tomorrow.
Have A Great Day
Terry
andersot is offline Find More Posts by andersot
Old Sep 06, 2010, 10:48 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,845 Posts
DUDE! I LIKE IT! Sounds like that thing is gonna make some noise! We'll make it work.

Looks like we might have some 10" subs on the way soon too. Anyone have a 300 watt or bigger amp they are not using?

How about some window tint?

Laine.
Old Sep 07, 2010, 11:33 AM
master of the universe
USA, CA, Novato
Joined Jul 2008
3,077 Posts
i may have a subwoofer box and amp you could have only problem would be shipping.
captaingeek is offline Find More Posts by captaingeek
Old Sep 07, 2010, 11:45 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,845 Posts
Hmmm.... shipping... well, if you send the speakers and amp, we can make our own box and mount them to the ceiling in the back! That would work out quite well! Its up to you man, if you are willing to ship em, we will CERTAINLY put them to use!

We ordered 38 feet of window 20% limo tint today! And one of the guys offered to buy a musical horn that playes like 80 tunes/sounds and has a PA.... we may have an ex police light bar in a week or two also.... have to wait and see on that one. One of our guys used to work for the police back home.

The paint job is coming along nicely too.... got a lot more done over the last couple days.

Laine.