SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 04, 2010, 07:37 PM
Airplane and Heli Flyer
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Dec 2009
1,593 Posts
Gallery
The Beginning of my Fleet

Not much to show so far, since I only got started in R/C in February 2010... though I've been thinking about it since 1986 (and I have the hobby magazines to prove it! ).

Plane 1 is a standard GWS E-Starter. That's what my LHS gets everyone started on, they have a pile of E-Starter boxes in the R/C shelves. Stock 400 brushed motor, HS-55 servos, 2S LiPo, 20 oz AUW. Received a rather thorough spackle/WBPU/Silkspan/Paint job, which makes up 3 oz of the model. But it's the prettiest trainer anyone has seen at the store so far!

It flew, but sluggishly, and my instructor crashed it on take-off (landing gear came off due to a previous bad landing). Minor damage, that covering is tough! It awaits a brushless motor and ESC, and will fly again -- with flaperons this time.

Plane 2 is a scratchbuilt Cub from plans found here on R/C Groups. Didn't want to wait too long to fly again, but I also wanted a plane I wouldn't feel bad about crashing. Unpainted foam, nothing fancy, 15 oz AUW. It uses the R/C equipment from the E-Starter. Soloed on this one, and the Cub has proven remarkably resilient so far. It has survived both a tree and a 30-feet shallow dive with no damage other than a loose cowling.

Plane 3 is being built right now. Not much to show so far, but it's coming along.
V-Man is online now Find More Posts by V-Man
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2010, 06:22 PM
BadPilot
United States, IL, Custer Park
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
V-Man,

Nice planes your fleet is coming along. I like the color scheme on your E-Starter and Cub.

TFS

John
badpilotto is offline Find More Posts by badpilotto
Old Oct 10, 2010, 06:38 PM
Airplane and Heli Flyer
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Dec 2009
1,593 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badpilotto View Post
Nice planes your fleet is coming along. I like the color scheme on your E-Starter and Cub.
Thanks! I wanted something that was both high visibility (I'm a green pilot) and that was different from all the other planes of the same type out there.

More pictures of number 3 below, construction is still not done. Got started on #4 today, a simple foamie. It's the only one I have a motor for, the rest is grounded until I get my order from HK.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 01:37 AM
BadPilot
United States, IL, Custer Park
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
V-man,

Super job on the plane! It looks like a P38 but with a single engine. Here is the link to the planes I posted in this area of RCG. I have five more planes to photo and post onto the thread.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1123963

Thanks again for sharing

John
badpilotto is offline Find More Posts by badpilotto
Old Oct 23, 2010, 06:03 PM
Airplane and Heli Flyer
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Dec 2009
1,593 Posts
Plane #4 flew this afternoon. Nothing much to it, just a slapped-together foamie.

Doesn't look like much but flies really well.