HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 12, 2011, 08:24 PM
United States, AZ, Lake Havasu City
Joined Feb 2010
913 Posts
Gotta Have One!

Well, after more experience with my 9053 and then dusting off my old EF Sabre (Walkera Dragonfly 4) and getting some more with it, I am getting the V400D02. Maybe by the time X-Heli has them in stock, I will be ready.
SpadCat2000 is offline Find More Posts by SpadCat2000
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2011, 09:33 PM
Joined Feb 2010
913 Posts
They're Here!

OH*MY*God, X-Heli has them in stock!! Should I or shouldn't I ?! Almost pushed the BUY button, I can hardly breathe....but......wait, I know what I have invested in the 9035 will go to waste and it will sit gathering dust while I put all my time and energy into the V400. Gotta wait, no need to rush. Fly the heck out of the 9053 and...Phew!! That was close!! One step at a time. I didn't buy a pattern ship after I just learned to fly a fixed wing trainer....Deep breaths, ok I think I am over it now. Wow that was close! The V400 with my name on it will still be there when the time is right. It will be better for me and that beautiful flying machine once I get more Heli flying under my belt.

Now guys, don't try to talk me into it!

SpadCat
Old Jan 12, 2011, 10:26 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,115 Posts
I suppose 9053 is a big 3CH co-axial. Flying a co-axial is very different from flying a single rotor. After flying my FBL 4#6, I actually find my old little 3CH co-axial difficult. Apart from orientation, there are little in common.

Some may suggest it would be harmful to fly co-axial if you plan to switch to real single rotor later on.

The V400D02 is a CP. It may be a bigger jump from co-axial than FP. However it is a FBL, kind of making it a bit less complicated to adjust.

It comes with a TX2603 which I need for stepping up to 6CH RX's with 3-axis gyro. The price is too attractive that I could not resist in spite of probably being too big.

Enjoy whatever you like I am not pushing.
Wasp09 is online now Find More Posts by Wasp09
Old Jan 12, 2011, 11:23 PM
Joined Feb 2010
913 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp09 View Post
I suppose 9053 is a big 3CH co-axial. Flying a co-axial is very different from flying a single rotor. After flying my FBL 4#6, I actually find my old little 3CH co-axial difficult. Apart from orientation, there are little in common.

Some may suggest it would be harmful to fly co-axial if you plan to switch to real single rotor later on.

The V400D02 is a CP. It may be a bigger jump from co-axial than FP. However it is a FBL, kind of making it a bit less complicated to adjust.

It comes with a TX2603 which I need for stepping up to 6CH RX's with 3-axis gyro. The price is too attractive that I could not resist in spite of probably being too big.

Enjoy whatever you like I am not pushing.

Thanks for the comments and no I don't think you are pushing. I have changed the sticks on the 9053s transmitter so that rudder is on same stick as throttle's. (I don't know why some manufacturers insist on co-axial's controls be place in non-standard locations). The 9053 has a very small learning curve (comparatively), so one can enjoy Heli flight quite quickly. As a long time fixed wing pilot, a cp heli is just another challenge to learn and have fun with.

SpadCat
Old Jan 15, 2011, 02:06 PM
Joined Feb 2010
913 Posts
Well, just purchased the v400....I just couldn't help it!. At $161 shipped I finally gave up and hit the buy button. Why fight it! Now I feel better.

SpadCat
Old Jan 15, 2011, 05:31 PM
Buy, Mod, Fly, Sell, Repeat
United States, SC
Joined Apr 2008
1,962 Posts
Subscribing.
JHawk19 is offline Find More Posts by JHawk19
Old Jan 16, 2011, 01:12 PM
Joined May 2005
1,113 Posts
For people with stripped servos, this seems to be a good replacement:
E-flite EFLRS751 (S75) Servos
GetterDragun is offline Find More Posts by GetterDragun
Old Jan 16, 2011, 02:55 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,655 Posts
V400D02 on the way......

I cant wait,
B-B-Baby, I,I,I cant wait.
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
Old Jan 16, 2011, 02:58 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
I cant wait,
B-B-Baby, I,I,I cant wait.
I'm starting a thread for people like me, "V400 in waiting".

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1372976
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
Last edited by kdean; Jan 26, 2011 at 12:54 AM.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 04:49 PM
Joined May 2005
1,113 Posts
I have mine. Too cold to fly it though. Plus a few feet of snow on the ground would probably fry the electronics anyway.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 05:23 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,115 Posts
Me too. Just flew back home together with my V400D02 last night. They have stock in Hong Kong.

It's all white looking down from above before landing. The V400D02 is too big to fly indoors and it's too cold to fly anything outdoors. I'll play with its electronics when I recover from my jet lag. Let's see if I can transplant its RX onto a smaller CP.
Wasp09 is online now Find More Posts by Wasp09
Old Jan 16, 2011, 08:52 PM
Joined May 2005
1,113 Posts
Since there are no reviews yet, I'll post an initial review.

Packaging:
It is packed well in vacuum formed plastic, nothing was moved or loose. I'm not sure if they sell a Receiver Ready version, but mine came with the WK-2603 which is programmeable to a point. It also comes with the standrd charger with a wall plug and a swash leveling tool which I haven't bothered to use.

Transmitter:
The transmitter is pretty nice. However, the instructions are almost useless. I've kept the stock settings on this, but it has 3 CP modes and the ability to adjust the curves (though I haven't tried this yet...I'm sort of just taking their word for this). Also, it will alarm if the Transmitter is started in idle up mode.

Helicopter:
Obviously being a 400 sized heli, it is fairly larger than a Honeybee FP, which is what I have now. The frame seems fairly robust, however, I don't like how the canopy uses screwed in posts to hold it on. It is a real pain to take the servos on and off. The screws however on most of the parts I took on and off were in pretty tight.

The flybarless head is the draw to this. I also like the tail motor because it is easy to fix and when learing a CP the less downtime needed to repair something is good. When I first started the heli the swash was waaaaayyyyyyyyyy off. Adjusting the servos was pretty straight forward and I just eyeballed the leveling which was fine during the first flight. I strongly suggest leveling the swash before flying it, mine was so far off that it was like applying full left cyclic. Once I got everything leveled out, it hovered very well. The controls do seem a little touchy, so don't expect a slow reacting heli. I probably have to mess with the gain, but it didn't seem as hands off as I expected (it was just as involved as my Honeybee FP). I only had a chance to hover it for a while, but the tail motor holds very well ( it was windy), and the main motor seems good for sport flying. I will hopefully get to fly it this week and give a more detailed review, but that's what I got so far.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 07:41 AM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,781 Posts
Just got my v400d02 and I sure I'll be needing blades and? Will parts off a #1A work on this model?
Craig
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100
Old Jan 28, 2011, 08:15 AM
Joined May 2005
1,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100 View Post
Just got my v400d02 and I sure I'll be needing blades and? Will parts off a #1A work on this model?
Craig
Rtf-heli.com has some upgraded blades that look pretty good.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 10:16 AM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,781 Posts
GetterDragun,
Please excuse me, I'm new(8th week) and can hover and spin a FP Falcon 40-v2,HBFP and now a UFYS. I know I don't have any buisness with this heli but had to try. What is better about these upgraded blades? Do they fly better, don't brake as easy, cheaper?
Thanks, Craig
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100