HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 30, 2010, 03:14 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerorotor View Post
The hot ticket here seems to be the Rx, 3 axis, as long as it drives 4 servos it would be awesome in just about any heli of 250 or larger size.

It will not drive a tail servo. Wrong signal type. Also, the tail motor is plugged directly into the Rx so there is no ESC either. It would be a tricky conversion to go double brushless. I flew the sample from Wow and it was very stable and predictable. Did some nice circuits and the tail actually holds pretty solid for a motor driven tail. Definitely under powered but what do you want for the money. For the price, I would just keep it stock as a trainer and move up to the V450 later. That heli is a screamer!!!
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2010, 03:50 PM
Toronto, Canada
Joined Jan 2005
2,358 Posts
perfect! so i can buy another receiver and convert my old 22E to this set up...i kinda figured it was just their updated version of that heli - they have kept it around for like 5 years now in one way or another

This is great news for me - two fbl brushless birds for around 200 bucks (well sort of, if you deduct the $ i dumped into the 22E heh)

Hmm although in this pic it looks like the ESC is a dual purpose or two escs wrapped as one - you can see "main" and "tail" markings on it as well as the wires running to the connectors...uh oh there goes my plan

http://image.helipal.com/v400d02-mech001.jpg
trust416 is offline Find More Posts by trust416
Last edited by trust416; Nov 30, 2010 at 03:56 PM.
Old Dec 01, 2010, 10:42 AM
USA, IL, Elgin
Joined Jan 2006
641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
It will not drive a tail servo. Wrong signal type. Also, the tail motor is plugged directly into the Rx so there is no ESC either. It would be a tricky conversion to go double brushless. I flew the sample from Wow and it was very stable and predictable. Did some nice circuits and the tail actually holds pretty solid for a motor driven tail. Definitely under powered but what do you want for the money. For the price, I would just keep it stock as a trainer and move up to the V450 later. That heli is a screamer!!!
Can you go main brushless by just buying a brushless ESC and motor? Wonder if the brushed tail would be strong enough ?
stretch1100 is offline Find More Posts by stretch1100
Old Dec 06, 2010, 06:18 PM
Toronto, Canada
Joined Jan 2005
2,358 Posts
i have my old 22 set up that way....works fine...i just adjusted the pitch a bit to give the tail motor a bit of a break...have been on same tail motor for about 100 flights and even when they do go they are only 8 bucks..

It now confirmed that the tail motor and main are plugged into a separate speed controller which has two servo leads (main and tail) going to the RX, so in theory it should support a bl set up no prob...i didnt feel like waiting for the one i ordered to the usa so i just ordered another one from xheli like 15 mins ago lol

Anyways it should be here in a week or so, once i get it i will try a full brushless set up and report back.
Old Dec 07, 2010, 12:56 AM
USA, IL, Elgin
Joined Jan 2006
641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trust416 View Post
i have my old 22 set up that way....works fine...i just adjusted the pitch a bit to give the tail motor a bit of a break...have been on same tail motor for about 100 flights and even when they do go they are only 8 bucks..

It now confirmed that the tail motor and main are plugged into a separate speed controller which has two servo leads (main and tail) going to the RX, so in theory it should support a bl set up no prob...i didnt feel like waiting for the one i ordered to the usa so i just ordered another one from xheli like 15 mins ago lol

Anyways it should be here in a week or so, once i get it i will try a full brushless set up and report back.

Looks like rtf heli just did the main conversion:

WWW.RTF-HELI.COM - WALKERA V400D02 BRUSHLESS MAIN MOTOR MOD
stretch1100 is offline Find More Posts by stretch1100
Old Dec 07, 2010, 02:04 PM
Joined Nov 2010
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch1100 View Post
Looks like rtf heli just did the main conversion:

WWW.RTF-HELI.COM - WALKERA V400D02 BRUSHLESS MAIN MOTOR MOD
I am looking into buying the V400d02, It would be nice to be able to change the main motor to a brushless motor, the brushed tail would be fine with me because they are so cheap, I would just stock up on a few tail motors.

I assume I would just need a brushless speed controller and brushless motor with pinion.

Anyone know anything on which motor and speed controller would work with the stock tx.

I am still kind of a new-be on collective pitch heli's.
Microflyer65 is offline Find More Posts by Microflyer65
Old Dec 11, 2010, 04:21 PM
Toronto, Canada
Joined Jan 2005
2,358 Posts
wow a big FU goes out to xheli....ordered this thing on monday when it was in stock - never got tracking # all week - sent a few emails - never a reply - then saw on thursday it was no longer in stock - sent another email - never got a reply and then a midnight last night i get this

"We are sorry to inform you that your order is not
shipped yet due to the following item

Walkera HM V400D02...is out of stock for 4-6 weeks. Please inform us that if you
would like to wait for the item to be restocked, or request a refund,
or exchange to another item. If we do not receive your reply, out of
stock item will be shipped automatically upon restocking. "

complete BS it should of been just about to my door yesterday - but they never even shipped it - i am pretty pissed and don't think i will be doing biz with this company ever again - completely shady transaction.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 12:28 AM
Joined Apr 2010
629 Posts
Coincidentally, I just received mine today - I haven't flown it yet, but I'm looking forward to. Looks well made.

Technica is online now Find More Posts by Technica
Old Dec 12, 2010, 08:52 AM
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,482 Posts
This one seems to fly good Have you seen the video on utube they were flips and rolls check it out The v450d01 only shows it basically hovering Have fun Vronny
vronny is offline Find More Posts by vronny
Old Dec 12, 2010, 09:57 AM
Toronto, Canada
Joined Jan 2005
2,358 Posts
sweet , looks nice, trying to find another source for it - xheli had the best price and shipping rates though, tough finding this shipped for under 200 now

damn was really looking forward to getting mine.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 11:26 AM
Centreville, Va
Joined Nov 2010
88 Posts
You can get a BNF for $134.99 here

http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/product_...oducts_id=9835
lerninmore is offline Find More Posts by lerninmore
Old Dec 12, 2010, 12:35 PM
Joined Nov 2010
52 Posts
RTF-Heli shows a Signal Converter ($19.99) in their list of parts for the brushless Main conversion. I wonder if any of these motors would work good with it.

Some have upgraded their blade 400 motors with these.

Scorpion HK2221-8 (This motor maybe to powerful)
Hacker A20-6XL - (Runs good on 3s, I did not see any data with a 14t pinon)

This is what RTF-HELI is using

http://rtf-heli.com/WALKERA_V400D02_...ARE_PARTS.html

http://rtf-heli.com/WALKERA_V400D02_M_BRUSHLESS.html
Old Dec 12, 2010, 02:47 PM
Toronto, Canada
Joined Jan 2005
2,358 Posts
ehirobo has a great price no doubt but shipping to canada is a little extreme lol - sheesh these places really need to stop charging so much for shipping.

Air Parcel Rate
7 - 14 business days to major countries US$56.16

Speedpost Rate
3 - 7 business days to major countries US$73.12

UPS Worldwide Express
1 - 4 business days to major countries US$84.06

DHL Worldwide Express
1 - 4 business days to major countries US$135.58

FedEx Pirority
1 - 4 business days to major countries US$95.22

FedEx Economy
7 - 10 business days to major countries US$76.34
Old Dec 13, 2010, 12:58 AM
Joined Nov 2010
34 Posts
V400D02 w. WK2801PRO: hovers like a dream (no outdoor flight yet due to weather)

Have got mine this weekend and eventually found a way to set up with the WK2801PRO in WK2601 mode (just use a model in the WK2801PRO from scratch) and go to GYRPAT:

Flys/hovers with the the stock batterry very quiete and with low RPMs now - however I inserted a 2700mAh (217gr.) battery and than it is obvious it is underpowered - waiting for the brushless main motor upgrade.

Best, Heinz
JumboA5 is offline Find More Posts by JumboA5
Old Dec 14, 2010, 08:16 PM
Joined Nov 2010
52 Posts
This helicopter seems to be overpriced once you add in the cost of a brushless motor setup for it not to be underpowered.

Why would Walkera put a brushed motor in any heli anymore except for the reason they want to sell more motors.

I'll wait for the brushless version to come out.