|Sep 04, 2010, 07:10 AM|
Joined May 2004
Dome E Niter, 11-20-10, indoor, electric all-night RC flying.
November 20, 2010, the Suburban RC Barnstormer's host another "Dome E Niter”. Yup, we’ve set up another great all-night, indoor electric “open” Fun-Fly at ChicagoLand's biggest golf dome in Bensenville, Illinois, just west of O'Hare airport. Doors to the White Pines Golf Dome, 500 W. Jefferson Street, open promptly at 10:55PM, Saturday, November 20, 2010, and flying starts after the golfers leave their “Pit” areas at 11:00PM. This event runs all night until we close up shop at 5:00AM Sunday. Cost is $15 for AMA Pilots and $5 for ALL Spectators, such as parents, wives, children, friends and family. Spectators can even walk upstairs to a special Balcony Level with comfortable seating and tables to watch the fun. Each paid entry fee includes free coffee and soda throughout the night (located on your far right). This year, there will be a $1 charge for a midnight snack. So, drive over and have a good time; it's indoors, guaranteed hurricane-free and warm: you can fly even if there’s rain, sleet, snow or wind outside! Who could ask for more?
Our E Niter schedule includes these flying sessions: two Cat–N–Mouse–Combat periods, one surprise flying contest, a High-Speed Flying session, at least one "Lights-Out” session, a “3D-Only” session, and two dedicated periods for "Helicopter Only Flying". Vendors will be on-site. For those friends coming long distances, we have many good hotels, motels, and restaurants in the area. As always, we’ll have a great raffle that some lucky soul will win at about 01:30 AM. One prize is a Vapor Bind-N-Fly airplane from Horizon Hobby.
Finally, the Park District, our Barnstormer’s Dome Director, and the Dome’s owner asked me to note the following:
1) All Pilots must carry their 2010 AMA cards with them to prove insurance and uphold our AMA sanctioning rules.
2) When you arrive, it’s to your advantage to FIRST go inside to register and THEN go back to your vehicles to get your stuff. Please wait until all the golfers have left the pit areas before you stage your gear.
3) Remember that the Spectators may NOT fly at an AMA sanctioned event. Only AMA-insured Pilots may fly.
4) During Registration, AMA Pilots can read and sign their AMA waiver, pay their $15 fee, and then both the Pilots and all Spectators ($5 fee) will receive coded wrist I.D.’s to wear. You can also purchase SRCB raffle tickets for our great raffle!
5) For this event, Spread-Spectrum-type Pilots will not need to visit our Frequency Table inside the Dome, but AM and FM Pilots must check in at the Frequency Table BEFORE TURNING ON THEIR RADIOS. We urge folk with standard AM/FM-radios to attach frequency plaques to their radio antennas to help us keep track of - and share – those channels.
6) If you have to walk out into the Dome’s huge 300' by 300' flying area to retrieve your aircraft, please keep your head on a swivel, yell out “On the field,” and raise your hand and/or radio while you walk to help other Pilots see and avoid you. (This is especially true if you have to walk all the way to the back of the dome - we’ve lost people for weeks way back there!) We want everyone to have a good time, but safety is our number one priority.
7) Fixed Wing Airframes: There is a 2-pound weight, prudent speed, and 150-watt power limit for airplanes. All props must be slow-fly or E-props; no nitro props. Helicopters are limited to 450-sized, 28” maximum rotor diameter. For safety, no Carbon Fiber and no Fiberglass main rotor blades, please. However, C.F. tail rotors are OK. Heli and 3-D Pilots will normally fly in the left and right corners of the Dome except during “Just Heli” and “Just 3D” sessions. Please look at the posted Park District, Dome and SRCB site safety rules. Our Dome Director is the final arbiter for all decisions, discussions and all arm wrestling matches!
8) The Balcony Level is for Spectator use only - no piloting from upstairs, please, for safety reasons.
9) Please remember that the Dome’s late-evening golfers rent and “own” the use of the Dome all the way up to 11:00PM Saturday, so please keep it quiet and cut them some slack to finish their practice swings. The PIT AREAS also belong to golfers until 11:00, so, only when the Dome Boss gives you the “OK” can you start to move into the pits and begin flying.
For more information, contact Stan Warden at 630-654-8476(H) (or 630-470-0556 on Saturday night). You can also contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org before Saturday, 11-20-2010. Or, check out SuburbanRCBarnstormers.com for other details and driving directions to the Dome.
Vendors may contact Stan to inquire on table rentals.
Lastly, the Barnstormers sincerely thank our contributors for their help in a successful Dome E Niter; especially TrueRC.com and Horizon Hobby for their continuing generous support.
Finally, don’t forget that our regular weekly "NightHawk" flying starts 11-5-2010. Hours are from 11:00 PM to 01:00 AM, on Friday and Saturday nights. The season runs all the way through May 1, 2011. See above contacts for details.
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Discussion||Da' Dome E Niter, 120509: 6 hours of indoor electric flying west of Chicago in Dome||FRENCHSTAN||USA - District VII||2||Nov 10, 2010 09:00 PM|
|Fly-In||Dome E-Niter, Dec 5,'09, Near O'Hare Airport, Chicago||FRENCHSTAN||Electric Flight Events||14||Dec 12, 2009 05:34 AM|
|Fly-In||Dome E-Niter, 3-14-09, 11:00PM til 05:00AM, Bensenville Golf Dome, hosted by SRCB||FRENCHSTAN||Electric Flight Events||15||Mar 20, 2009 01:27 AM|
|Discussion||Dome E-Niter, March 10, 2007||jpeca||Electric Flight Events||0||Feb 28, 2007 12:10 PM|