HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 03, 2010, 08:54 PM
433rd FS
Watauga, TX
Joined Nov 2006
78 Posts
Discussion
Airmadillo or Ultrastick?

Given a choice which would you choose for a trainer, a .40 Ultrastick or a .40 Airmadillo (no dihedral)? My head says the Airmadillo, less to break.

Also, does anybody have an Ultrastick trainer for Aerofly Pro Deluxe? Looked everywhere...

Thanks!!!
kestrel341 is offline Find More Posts by kestrel341
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 03, 2010, 10:30 PM
USA, TX, Diboll
Joined Aug 2007
224 Posts
I have never flown the Airmadillo...it looks like it would be a fast flyer and I am not sure of how well the first time flyer would do with it.

the Ultrastick on the other hand can be set up with the beginner in mind. Very capable of super slow flight as well as barnstorming and aerobatics.

And when you get comfortable with your abilities, crank up the control throws and tear up the skies. The ultrastick is by far one of my favorite to fly.

On the cheap, goto www.spadtothebone.com and check out the trainers there you can build for next to nothing and then if/when a crash occurs you will not be out lots of money. The hell on rails is kind of like the Airmadillo and there is also a Spad Stick also. I have built and flown both and highly recommend them. G/L to ya, Curtis
Chestum is offline Find More Posts by Chestum