INTRODUCTION

[B]Weight: 1.48 oz. w/ battery
Length: 8.66 inches
Width: 7.67 inches
Rotor: 8.00 inches
Transmitter: 4 ch 2.4GHz with battery charger built-in
Battery: 1 x 3.7V 145mAh LiPo
Motors: Two little brushed motors

SkyLark 4ch coaxial RTF. It comes with one Lipo battery 145ma, and the only thing you need is 6 AA Batteries for the TX. The fuselage is inspired on the MBB BO-105 with a paint scheme that reminds the real Red Bull 105 (no red bull decals). It even counts with very detailed fuselage marks and one search light under the cockpit.
My first impression is that it is a very nice looking mini-helicopter, simple and built just to have fun.
The kit Includes
SkyLark coaxial helicopter
Gravity 4 channel 2.4GHz transmitter/Charger built in.
one 3.7V 145mAh battery LiPo pack
Instruction manual (English)

FEATURES

The SkyLark is equipped with an automatic overload protection system for when you accidentally (or not) move the throttle to fast. The system disables the helicopter controls thus preventing accidents.
To release the system you need to turn off the TX, take out the battery from the helicopter, and reinstall the battery again. The system will restart after that.

ASSEMBLY

The SkyLark arrived fully assembled and ready to fly. I only had to charge the battery on the compartment located in the back of the transmitter after having placed the 6 AA Alkaline batteries in it. I installed the battery in the helicopter, and the SkyLark was ready for binding and flight testing.
No problems to bind, just insert the battery on the helicopter, wait 10 seconds (until the red flashing light on the helicopter stills steady), turn on the transmitter (red light will flash). Move slowly the throttle stick all the way forward, you will notice the lights on the transmitter will flash faster; move throttle down, and the led on the TX will remain steady indicating the helicopter is ready to go.

Transmitter

Except for batteries, the transmitter arrived completely ready to use. The only trim is the left/right. Very good response with the stock TX, but I will try my eclipse 7 with a 2.4 module just to test the compatibility with another system. For a newer pilot the instruction manual has some good explanations about the basic flight controls with some illustrative pictures.
The SkyLark has four control channels. The left stick controls throttle and rudder, with good precision. The right stick controls the forward and backward flight as well as the side to side flight.
You’ll get good responses to all commands. She flies stable to all directions.
It is a lot of fun to fly it in my living room!!!! No noise at all, the helicopter resists very well to crashes, and it’s light enough so it doesn’t break or scratches anything in the room.

Flight and Charge Times

Flight time depend on how you like to fly. Indoors I got about ten minutes in air with a fully charged battery. Outdoors, and flying aggressively, I got at least eight minutes of flight time with a fully charged battery.
One important thing is that, although you can fly her outdoors, the winds must be 0.0 mph. Anything resembling a breeze means a hurricane for this little bird.
You know when the battery is low when you can’t maintain or gain altitude, aprox. 5 minutes with battery provided. Accordingly the manufacturer manual, charge time for a full charge of a very used battery is 45 minutes, but I got it in 25 minutes when the light turns off.

Is This For a Beginner?

ABSOLUTELY !!! This mini-helicopter makes a very nice first indoors helicopter, offering a good control training, resists to crashes (remember to power off when you see the crash is coming), you can fly to all directions, and hovering is really easy.
Although beginners will have a good time learning with this small aircraft, more experienced pilots will also like this Helicopter, too just to have some fun indoors in the next winter!

RC SkyLark 4ch coaxial 2.4ghz video (1 min 1 sec)

RC Skylark (0 min 55 sec)

RC Skylark (1 min 15 sec)
Wildweasel09 is offline Find More Posts by Wildweasel09
Last edited by Wildweasel09; Jun 14, 2011 at 08:23 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 04, 2010, 10:59 AM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
This heli looks nice and the price is right!

VERY Interesting! I love my Nine Eagles Solo Palm and my EF Mini Stinger which basically about the size of this little guy. The price on this one is VERY reasonable for a 4 channel 2.4Ghz coaxial sub micro heli. Thanks for alerting us about this one. I think will have to put this one on my acquire list.

Could you possibly take a macro closeup shot for me and post it of the lipo pack's electrical contacts. I'm just wondering if myNine Eagles Lipo packs will be compatible with this little bird, since I have 10 packs already.

Thanks,

Doubletap
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old Sep 04, 2010, 03:47 PM
Crashing but learning...
Brazil, São Paulo, Sao Paulo
Joined May 2009
463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap View Post
Could you possibly take a macro closeup shot for me and post it of the lipo pack's electrical contacts. I'm just wondering if myNine Eagles Lipo packs will be compatible with this little bird, since I have 10 packs already.

Thanks,

Doubletap
Hey Doubletap,

Thank you for your feed back about the review. I found the mini heli cool, too. As per your request I am attaching here some macro photos of the battery connector and the one in the heli. I hope this is what you are looking for.
Old Sep 04, 2010, 04:10 PM
Nice day for RC'ing
Palmerston On. Canada
Joined Jul 2010
1,663 Posts
It's great so many people are doing reviews on all the new helis out, nice to see the good and bads of these toys.
Redfisher is offline Find More Posts by Redfisher
Old Sep 04, 2010, 07:55 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildweasel09 View Post
Hey Doubletap,

Thank you for your feed back about the review. I found the mini heli cool, too. As per your request I am attaching here some macro photos of the battery connector and the one in the heli. I hope this is what you are looking for.

Thank You WildWeasel09; that's exactly what I needed. Apparently, the battery packs used with your Skylark uses the same connector as some other sub-micro helis , just not compatible with the Nine Eagle type connectors. No worries, I'm still considering one of those Skylarks as it is such a good deal for what you are getting; I did find at Hobbyking some compatible packs; check them out:

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...,_Parkzone_Etc)

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...ium_compatible)

check out the specs and the pictures of those packs; looks like a match to me, and the price is right!

Cheers!

Doubletap.
Last edited by Doubletap; Sep 04, 2010 at 08:04 PM.
Old Sep 04, 2010, 09:54 PM
MicroHelis-Humanoid Robotics
Joined Jul 2007
233 Posts
cool, this is on my target for another livingroom bird, I wonder if it develops blade strikes with some aggressive maneuvers. also is there a separate battery charger sold for this? "my experience with NE,charging from the tx eats up alkaline in no time!"
PicooMan is offline Find More Posts by PicooMan
Old Sep 04, 2010, 10:04 PM
Crashing but learning...
Joined May 2009
463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PicooMan View Post
cool, this is on my target for another livingroom bird, I wonder if it develops blade strikes with some aggressive maneuvers. also is there a separate battery charger sold for this? "my experience with NE,charging from the tx eats up alkaline in no time!"
PicooMan ,

I checked in Gravity's website and couldn't find a charger for the battery. In my tx I've been using non-alkaline rechargeable batteries (Tenergy 1.2v), and so far so good.
Old Sep 04, 2010, 10:11 PM
Crashing but learning...
Joined May 2009
463 Posts
Quote:
Thank You WildWeasel09; that's exactly what I needed. Apparently, the battery packs used with your Skylark uses the same connector as some other sub-micro helis , just not compatible with the Nine Eagle type connectors. No worries, I'm still considering one of those Skylarks as it is such a good deal for what you are getting; I did find at Hobbyking some compatible packs; check them out:

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...,_Parkzone_Etc)

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...ium_compatible)

check out the specs and the pictures of those packs; looks like a match to me, and the price is right!

Cheers!

Doubletap.
Doubletap,
Seems to me the batteries you found are good and maybe we should give a try, but, today I was testing the helicopter with a new Eflite 1s 160mah and something is not right (don't know if the battery is defective, like wrong polarity), but this week, I'll be receiving another one and I can let you know how it goes.
Old Sep 04, 2010, 10:13 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PicooMan View Post

Yes Nine Eagles has a dual bay AC charger available from Hobby King; check out my post here for the details:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=14

Cheers!

Doubletap
Old Sep 04, 2010, 10:18 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Doubletap,
Seems to me the batteries you found are good and maybe we should give a try, but, today I was testing the helicopter with a new Eflite 1s 160mah and something is not right (don't know if the battery is defective, like wrong polarity), but this week, I'll be receiving another one and I can let you know how it goes.

Uh oh.......that's not good; did the pack allow you to fly your Skylark? If the terminals were swapped, you wouldn't have been able to fly your bird. To be safe, check the polarity with a Digital multimeter; if you have the wrong polarity, the voltage readout will show in the display as a negative value.

Doubletap
Old Sep 05, 2010, 05:11 PM
Crashing but learning...
Joined May 2009
463 Posts
Quote:
Uh oh.......that's not good; did the pack allow you to fly your Skylark? If the terminals were swapped, you wouldn't have been able to fly your bird. To be safe, check the polarity with a Digital multimeter; if you have the wrong polarity, the voltage readout will show in the display as a negative value.

Doubletap
Thanks for the tip Doubletap, I´ll do the multimeter test.
Strangely enough, when I plug this battery, the rotor starts to spin, , no good, but I took of the battery before something got fried, after that, I´ve tested with stock battery and all is fine. This heli is really tough and resists a lot of crashes (my wife really adopted it and now my heli fleet is in danger, because, now she is wondering if she can fly the others, too. )
Old Sep 05, 2010, 10:28 PM
MicroHelis-Humanoid Robotics
Joined Jul 2007
233 Posts
Quote:
PicooMan ,

I checked in Gravity's website and couldn't find a charger for the battery. In my tx I've been using non-alkaline rechargeable batteries (Tenergy 1.2v), and so far so good.
I recall using rechargeables when I first got the Solo and had bad results,maybe their brand is bad so it's good its working for you.
the charger for NE mentioned here by Doubletap is great all around, I use it for my Solo,ProII and Bravo.

of course batteries can be moded so whatever makes you happy flying.
also keep an eye for blade crashes for me on this bird plz..I wanna know how aggressive maneuvers can it take.

Quote:
Yes Nine Eagles has a dual bay AC charger available from Hobby King; check out my post here for the details:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=14

Cheers!

Doubletap
PicooMan is offline Find More Posts by PicooMan
Old Sep 06, 2010, 10:05 PM
Joined Jan 2010
43 Posts
Weight: 1.48 oz. w/ battery
Length: 8.66 inches
Width: 7.67 inches
Rotor: 8.00 inches
Transmitter: 4 ch 2.4GHz with battery charger built-in
Battery: 1 x 3.7V 145mAh LiPo
Motors: Two little brushed motors
Manufacturer: Gravity Hobby
Available From:www.gravityhobby.com
Price: $49.90[/B]

Gravity Hobby just launched its first mini-helicopter, the SkyLark 4ch coaxial RTF. It comes with one Lipo battery 145ma, and the only thing you need is 6 AA Batteries for the TX. The fuselage is inspired on the MBB BO-105 with a paint scheme that reminds the real Red Bull 105 (no red bull decals). It even counts with very detailed fuselage marks and one search light under the cockpit.
My first impression is that it is a very nice looking mini-helicopter, simple and built just to have fun.
The kit Includes
SkyLark coaxial helicopter
Gravity 4 channel 2.4GHz transmitter/Charger built in.
one 3.7V 145mAh battery LiPo pack
Instruction manual (English)

Hello, folk,

Is there anyone who is willing to experience gravityhobby new helicopter?
contact with info@gravityhobby.com to catch a chance getting one helicopter in free.

Ps: provide the limited qty of free helicopter.
feel free to apply into our test pilot roll

Thank you
niro is offline Find More Posts by niro
Last edited by niro; Sep 07, 2010 at 01:54 AM.
Old Sep 06, 2010, 10:18 PM
USA, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Aug 2008
3,416 Posts
emailed.
jettrooper02 is offline Find More Posts by jettrooper02
Old Sep 06, 2010, 10:55 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Skylark promotional giveaway, information