HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by HawkerTyphoon, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 03, 2010, 12:47 AM
Read My Blog!
Northern California
Joined Jan 2009
1,846 Posts
Discussion
Microsoft Flight Simulator X

Lately I have started playing Flight simulator a lot again. I have had FSX (Microsoft Flight Simulator X) for a coupple of years but I had never really played it enough to learn all the functions in some of the planes.

That all changed a few months ago when I found a group of FSX users here on RCG and started playing multiplayer online. I did have to buy the Acceleration Expansion Pack to make everything work seamlessly, but even without it, it was still fun. We normally fly navy jets like the F-14,T-45 and the F-18, and shoot carrier landings, but every now and again we like to try our hand at bush flying or the "heavies" like the 747.

One really rewarding experience is making an ILS (Instrument Landing System) approach where the airplane lands by using the autopilot. This is a challenging and sometimes frustrating endeavor but one nice landing makes it worth it.

One thing that I find annoying is that my screenshots turn out WAY blurrier than the actual sim. There is a way to fix this but I just haven't done it yet. So if the picture quality bad, I am sorry.

I'll be posting more pictures soon after I bring them over from the other computer.

HT
HawkerTyphoon is offline Find More Posts by HawkerTyphoon
Last edited by HawkerTyphoon; Nov 10, 2010 at 01:54 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 03, 2010, 08:42 AM
the Ford man
ontario
Joined Jun 2010
712 Posts
that is a great game I also have the micro soft combat simulaters they are great but in my micro soft simulator x the only way I can launch from a carrier is in the missions with the f18 so how do you set up a carrier I have been trying to set up a carrier for a while I just figured you cant have that setting with the free flight oh and that is funny your sceen is blury beacuse mine comes out perfectly

ford f47
ford f47 is offline Find More Posts by ford f47
Old Sep 03, 2010, 10:15 AM
Read My Blog!
Northern California
Joined Jan 2009
1,846 Posts
To land on a carrier and take off again, you need this file,

http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/sy...icarriers2.zip

here is the information: This is a small software that allows you to place and control single ships or complete naval fleets in Flight Simulator X. Unlike previous software concerning AI ships and carriers, or missions, it doesn't need complex edit of traffic files or mission files. Just add when you are in free flight, anywhere you want. By Lamont Clark. aicarriers2.zip

It is about 5 MB and The set up is simple, just open the zip file and open the installer. After that restart you computer and you should be good to go. It automatically starts running when you open FSX. Make sure to read the Read-me file as that will tell you all about it.

If you have any questions just ask.

HT
Old Sep 03, 2010, 01:36 PM
the Ford man
ontario
Joined Jun 2010
712 Posts
thanks I will try that now

ford f47
Old Sep 03, 2010, 01:58 PM
the Ford man
ontario
Joined Jun 2010
712 Posts
ok I downloaded the file but I cant seem to find it on my flight sim

ford f47
Old Sep 03, 2010, 03:58 PM
Read My Blog!
Northern California
Joined Jan 2009
1,846 Posts
Once you are flying in free flight you hit "shift-J" or you can can right click the screen and uncheck the "hide menu bar" option and at the top right of the menu bar it will say "add ons" and click that.

Also make sure to restart your computer after the install.

HT
Old Sep 03, 2010, 06:01 PM
the Ford man
ontario
Joined Jun 2010
712 Posts
I dont no why but I just cant get it to come up maybe I will just try the download again

ford f47
Old Oct 19, 2010, 05:23 PM
Australia, VIC, Hopetoun
Joined May 2008
72 Posts
been a flight simmer for years fellas
one thing to try is the good ole vrf flights in say a cessena 160 use your WAC, ENC,VTC charts plotters,wiz weels and follow the ndb,vor's visually for flight plans ( dead recconing - piloting) method adds alot more fun to the sim, also try adding some photoreal scenery eg ftx orbox for australia .
ftx is very resourse hungry so make sure your puter has plenty of horsepower,one more thing to use is for the newies and sometimes i still use it is the vox-atc program to learn the ways of communication with air traffic control,im always online with vatsim so dont use vox-atc much but its always there as a backup.
cheers
malleeman is offline Find More Posts by malleeman