HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by verticalspark, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 02, 2010, 09:40 PM
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Oct 2008
4,024 Posts
Discussion
Another New Hobby

Today was our usual fly day at the local park. We arrived at 9am and didnt leave until 2pm It just seemed we would never run out of batteries but alas the end came around and we had to pack up and leave. Of course this was a little late seeing as how travis bounced his p-51 across the road trying to land. Well, flying was followed by lunch at Mojo's, a delicious burger place up the road from the park.

After lunch I was introduced to the sport of Disk Golf! I had seen it before but thought "Whats the point in throwing a frisbee at a 'hole'?" Well after going and playing for a hour and a half I can say that IM HOOKED! We borrowed a few disks from a friend who was teaching us and went at it. I threw a really bad shot and ended up searching the woods for the disk. Apparently people either cant find their disks or they don't care but I came out with 2 disks not including the one I lost.

All in all I had a blast playing. Its a workout but fun none the less. And some of the good things is that its cheaper then flying R/C and when it bounces off the ground or a tree its not a problem
verticalspark is online now Find More Posts by verticalspark
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Well Traveled Glue
to remove ads between posts