SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 02, 2010, 05:17 PM
Joined Aug 2010
3 Posts
Discussion
Help with raptor 90se

I aquired a Raptor 90SE and it is in beautiful condition.

I am using a DX7 to fly it with and the bird has an AR7000 rx and GY502 gyro.

I have the bird setup with the radio and all servos are at 90 degrees, swash is level, mixer arms lined up and paddles inline and level, blades at zero pitch with throttle set at midstick.

Flew the heli yesturday and it required 19 clicks or rear elevator in order for the bird to hover. Also 6 clicks right aile. The rearward setting doesnt allow for much more rear stick input to the bird.

I have added nothing to the heli and when I pick it up by the blade grips and blades out to the sides it balances nicely dry.

Any idea what to look for that may be causing this?

Feathering shaft is straight, blades tracked and everything is tight
AzChopp3r is offline Find More Posts by AzChopp3r
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 02, 2010, 09:41 PM
Build & Fly like 2days ur last
USA, IL, Wheeling
Joined Jun 2006
315 Posts
my 50 titan se is like this too only because i never leveled the swash plate after and upgrade i did. however i have found that i have had to add excess trim when a flybar paddle is off but i would think if the flybar paddle wasnt level then your trims would be more equal but maybe not. is the flybar straight and centered. is anything backwards. what about the throws are everything equal. i am trying to think what this is and i cant think of much else please keep us posted. where are you located if you were local to me i would be more then happy to look it over.

crazy
crazy3dpilot is offline Find More Posts by crazy3dpilot
Old Sep 10, 2010, 11:17 AM
Ireland
Joined Apr 2001
4,032 Posts
did you check the ballance in the exact condition its flying (including canopy ect)
Also do you have a manual to verify your settings are as designed?

Btw bend shafts ect couse vibrations not contant trim changes.

I f anything else checks out add weight to the nose to see if it changes the situation but a little at a time
cmulder is offline Find More Posts by cmulder