HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 01, 2010, 06:45 AM
Joined Feb 2009
822 Posts
Discussion
Is there a Chris Craft modelers group?

A couple of people have asked me about plans for Chris Crafts which I only have two of. Is there a group for CC afficiondos?

Thanks,
Nederlander is offline Find More Posts by Nederlander
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 01, 2010, 09:54 AM
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Oct 2000
11,753 Posts
This is it. There is quite a number of CC as well as other scale wooden runabout and cabin cruiser/motoryacht boat threads on this forum.
E-Challenged is offline Find More Posts by E-Challenged
Old Sep 01, 2010, 10:36 AM
Veni, Vidi, Feci
Motor City
Joined Dec 2004
12,315 Posts
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/classicwoodenboatmodels/

But you have to sign up.
patmat2350 is offline Find More Posts by patmat2350
Old Sep 01, 2010, 02:54 PM
Spreckels Lake, GGP, SF, CA
USA, CA, San Francisco
Joined Apr 2007
3,635 Posts
Yeah, some of the Classic Woodie folks have sequestered themselves over on yahoo as Classic Wooden Boat Models which is unfortunate as (I feel that ) it hurts all concerned. Anyway, I won't bore anyone on my views about fractionizing up the RCGroups (if you're really interested, see here, here or here.) I don't get over there nearly as often as I should to follow them, as I AM interested and I'm a member of the group.

Maybe I'll start a thread over here...
craig_c is offline Find More Posts by craig_c
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by craig_c; Sep 01, 2010 at 03:15 PM.
Old Sep 01, 2010, 03:25 PM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
22,911 Posts
Cool. A secret society of woodie toy boat builders.
Kmot is online now Find More Posts by Kmot
Old Sep 01, 2010, 03:36 PM
Spreckels Lake, GGP, SF, CA
USA, CA, San Francisco
Joined Apr 2007
3,635 Posts
Aw hell! I went an did it... Foolish me! *sigh* So..... who wants to come play in the new sandbox...
craig_c is offline Find More Posts by craig_c
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by craig_c; Sep 01, 2010 at 05:13 PM.
Old Sep 01, 2010, 08:22 PM
Joined Feb 2009
822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig_c View Post
Yeah, some of the Classic Woodie folks have sequestered themselves over on yahoo as Classic Wooden Boat Models which is unfortunate as (I feel that ) it hurts all concerned. Anyway, I won't bore anyone on my views about fractionizing up the RCGroups (if you're really interested, see here, here or here.) I don't get over there nearly as often as I should to follow them, as I AM interested and I'm a member of the group.

Maybe I'll start a thread over here...
Well gee whiz Craig. Do you remember this thread ? http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1222794

After you read it you will understand why I started classicwoodenboatmodels on yahoogroups.
Old Sep 01, 2010, 08:35 PM
Joined Feb 2009
822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmot View Post
Cool. A secret society of woodie toy boat builders.
Thats "The Anarchists Modelboat Society" sir! AKA the "Mahoghany Marauders". With specialized knowledge on the subject of Woodies; specifically those of Gravenhurst origin and obscure items of interest such as a 39ft Minette-Shields twin step triple cockpit with a Scripps 12 cylinder Scripps tank engine capable of speeds well over 50mph in the 1920's. I do have plans for a 65 ft CC Constellation as a concession to modernists and having crewed on one of those bathtubs in my younger days. We also have plans for a fully enclosed Fay and Bowen 40 ft launch, the first steam turbine ferry on the west coast, and a plethora of other plans that I and the other members will make available to list members as we have the time. But I know you probably aren't interested.....