HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 28, 2011, 03:29 PM
Joined Apr 2007
73 Posts
I use these...http://www.valuehobby.com/product_de...60&item_id=151

Value Hobby has good stuff....fast ship.
rhawk1967 is offline Find More Posts by rhawk1967
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 28, 2011, 08:03 PM
Per Ardua Ad Astra
Australia, VIC, Rosebud
Joined Feb 2007
2,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawk1967 View Post
I use these...http://www.valuehobby.com/product_de...60&item_id=151

Value Hobby has good stuff....fast ship.
Looks like it is the same servo. "MG90S"

Kev
Berkie is offline Find More Posts by Berkie
Old Jun 29, 2011, 01:23 AM
I love FPV!
Eastern side of Australia
Joined Jan 2007
4,650 Posts
Cralis is offline Find More Posts by Cralis
Last edited by Cralis; Jul 03, 2011 at 03:05 AM.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 01:45 AM
Per Ardua Ad Astra
Australia, VIC, Rosebud
Joined Feb 2007
2,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pullup! View Post
I used some piano wire I got at the local hardware store for the pushrod, and some spare tubing left over from other builds.

Im running Mg90s on all control surfaces now, I replaced the elevator and rudder before the first flight. I'm pushing 100 flights now and one aileron servo was making some strange noises so I replaced them.
Thanks Pullup
So can you tell me what is the problem with the existing pushrod?
Too flimsy?

Kev
Berkie is offline Find More Posts by Berkie
Old Jun 29, 2011, 03:29 AM
I love FPV!
Joined Jan 2007
4,650 Posts
Thanks chaps. I am getting the MG90s for Rudder/Elevator. At the moment, that's the only upgrade I am applying. I am thinking of adding flaps, but not sure what people thing. It's for landing. Or maybe pre-made speed breaks? Are there such things?

I also think the carbon fiber strips added to the ailerons and maybe the elevator seems like a good idea, but I am scared of cutting CF (Cancer?!), and wondering if the right sizes can be sourced?

This will be an FPV plane, so the pilot will have to make way for a small servo and a camera... and then the video Tx might go in the passenger seat... How hard is it to remove the canopy to get to the pilot? Any tricks there?

And then, the ESC... worth an upgrade? Or is that OK? Maybe get separate 3A UBEC off HK?

And finally, wing strengthening... is that something that should be done? I don't expect to do loops and hard g maneuvers... but... Is there any advice there?
Last edited by Cralis; Jun 29, 2011 at 05:27 AM.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 08:25 AM
Drifting off the reservation..
USA, LA, Broussard
Joined Jan 2011
2,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cralis View Post
Wow... you spammed a lot of threads to get that post in...
Just trying to get the word out to those who are interested. There will be no more "spammin" from me.
JumpySticks is offline Find More Posts by JumpySticks
Old Jun 29, 2011, 09:04 AM
Joined Apr 2007
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cralis View Post
Thanks chaps. I am getting the MG90s for Rudder/Elevator. At the moment, that's the only upgrade I am applying. I am thinking of adding flaps, but not sure what people thing. It's for landing. Or maybe pre-made speed breaks? Are there such things?

I also think the carbon fiber strips added to the ailerons and maybe the elevator seems like a good idea, but I am scared of cutting CF (Cancer?!), and wondering if the right sizes can be sourced?

This will be an FPV plane, so the pilot will have to make way for a small servo and a camera... and then the video Tx might go in the passenger seat... How hard is it to remove the canopy to get to the pilot? Any tricks there?

And then, the ESC... worth an upgrade? Or is that OK? Maybe get separate 3A UBEC off HK?

And finally, wing strengthening... is that something that should be done? I don't expect to do loops and hard g maneuvers... but... Is there any advice there?
I do not think flaps or speed brakes are needed.....but could be fun. With the cg back at 50-58mm, the Fox glides ALOT slower than stock

.....just dont breathe the CF dust if cutting with a saw...or better yet just "snip" the CF with a sharp set of scissors or snips.

I removed my bug eyed pilot by getting under the edge of the lexan with an exacto knife, and then worked my way around for a bit. The canopy basically fell off once I got started. It wasnt glued very well.

I went with a turnigy plush switching 40A SC, and the 1300 kv turigy motor, running 35c 2200 batts. It climbs VERY fast now. Stock motor and SC were fine...but rather boring.

Wing strength is fine. They do flex a little, but I do loops and rolls all the time with no problems. Upgrade the wing screws to M2X8 to get more bite on the spar.
rhawk1967 is offline Find More Posts by rhawk1967
Old Jun 29, 2011, 09:53 AM
Joined Jan 2011
150 Posts
Getting the actual plastic part of the canopy off the glider wasn't a real problem for me either.. Just make sure NOT to glue it back in with hot glue, otherwise you might melt some of the plastic of the canopy(which happened to me, apart from the complete crashed glider it looks sh***y too).
jeanorwin is offline Find More Posts by jeanorwin
Old Jun 29, 2011, 12:07 PM
I'm not lost, they are
Co.
Joined Jan 2005
1,356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkie View Post
Thanks Pullup
So can you tell me what is the problem with the existing pushrod?
Too flimsy?

Kev
When I split the fuse I noticed the elevator pushrod was in a black guide tube that was brittle and cracked when I flexed it. The pushrod was like a noodle, it worked for many flights but since my Fox isn't stock and I fly a GoPro on it sometimes I beefed it up to be safe.
pullup! is online now Find More Posts by pullup!
Old Jun 29, 2011, 01:04 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,437 Posts
Got my blue Fox glider in from Nitroplanes today. reason to smile now
Just can't open the box at work
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
Last edited by Melnic; Oct 10, 2011 at 12:35 PM.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 12:32 PM
I love FPV!
Joined Jan 2007
4,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawk1967 View Post
I went with a turnigy plush switching 40A SC, and the 1300 kv turigy motor, running 35c 2200 batts. It climbs VERY fast now. Stock motor and SC were fine...but rather boring.
Thanks - I may go the same route... Changing the motor ... is that a simple swap out, or do you have to mod the plane, drill new holes, hold prop adaptors etc?
Old Jun 30, 2011, 01:55 PM
wishing for Tomcat...
United States, CA, Irvine
Joined Jun 2009
694 Posts
Nitroplanes posted their video review today. Looks great!

New Airfield 2320mm Fox Electric Glider Review (8 min 26 sec)
turbinefancy is online now Find More Posts by turbinefancy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Flyzone Millennium Master
Old Jul 01, 2011, 06:52 AM
I love FPV!
Joined Jan 2007
4,650 Posts
Instead of making your own flaps, to reduce landing speed *and therefore, room*, would anyone recommend these?
And if so, how do they install??
Old Jul 01, 2011, 07:55 AM
Joined Jan 2011
150 Posts
Yes, I got them installed on my fox. They do what they're supposed to do - decrease the glide capabilites of the fox. It works quite well IMO.
jeanorwin is offline Find More Posts by jeanorwin
Old Jul 01, 2011, 08:26 AM
I love FPV!
Joined Jan 2007
4,650 Posts
Thanks man - can you tell me how they are installed? I assume they both need a servo, somehow?