HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 01, 2011, 02:55 PM
Pickering Ontario CANADA
Joined May 2010
756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawk1967 View Post
LOL..... I use Fubaba and never had a problem.
"Lipoflyer is a" Spektrum basher I suspect.
Helitime is offline Find More Posts by Helitime
Last edited by Helitime; Jun 02, 2011 at 12:59 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 01, 2011, 03:08 PM
prop wash
North of Toronto in Ontario
Joined Dec 2002
1,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helitime View Post
I do, for 4 years now, never had a problem.

Sorry, my mistake, I am not familiar with SPECTURM

I use Spektrum.
Kerry
According to Urban Dictionary

SPECTURM:

"The anatomical area exclusive to males, which encompasses both the grundle and the kunder."

Kerry are you positive your not using your SPECTURM????

Glen
biggy boy is offline Find More Posts by biggy boy
Old Jun 01, 2011, 03:30 PM
Joined Apr 2007
73 Posts
Quote:
Spektrum basher I suspect. Got nuthin positive to add??? s.t.f.u.
Dang....
I think you took my post completely the wrong way.... My "lol" was because I laughed (liked) at your previous post about not knowing about "spekturm"...hilarious.

I mispelled fubaba (futaba) on purpose.....just having fun with what was already written.

I do not, and did not bash anyone. I enjoyed our conversations until now... I will stfu as you demand and go somewhere else.
rhawk1967 is offline Find More Posts by rhawk1967
Old Jun 01, 2011, 05:40 PM
prop wash
Joined Dec 2002
1,173 Posts
comments removed

Glen
Last edited by biggy boy; Jun 01, 2011 at 08:08 PM.
Old Jun 01, 2011, 05:51 PM
Ant
Old Noob.
Joined Nov 2003
123 Posts
"And what does STFU stand for anyway?"

Something not very nice.
Ant is offline Find More Posts by Ant
Old Jun 01, 2011, 06:17 PM
I'm not lost, they are
Co.
Joined Jan 2005
1,253 Posts
Easy now, back away from the keyboard.......
pullup! is offline Find More Posts by pullup!
Old Jun 01, 2011, 06:43 PM
prop wash
Joined Dec 2002
1,173 Posts
Comment removed

Glen
Last edited by biggy boy; Jun 01, 2011 at 08:09 PM.
Old Jun 01, 2011, 07:35 PM
Pickering Ontario CANADA
Joined May 2010
756 Posts
Comment removed. I was out of line. Apologies to all concerned. Especially "rhawk" it was not directed at you sir and "Lipoflyer" who is entitled to his opinion.

"rhawk" I sent you a PM.
"Glen" PM on the way
"pullup" good advice
Last edited by Helitime; Jun 01, 2011 at 07:40 PM.
Old Jun 01, 2011, 08:39 PM
Pickering Ontario CANADA
Joined May 2010
756 Posts
Sorry about the suspense I forgot to post the definition.
The gentleman "lipoflyer" only has 1 post in this forum (I thought it was negative) therefor I referred to him as a "Short Time Forum User". Pop in, comment and leave, often never to be heard from again.
However, it is not my place to jump on someone if I do not agree, thus my apologies to "lipoflyer" and to "rhawk" for the misunderstanding, your input has been all positive and helpful.

Kerry
Old Jun 01, 2011, 09:28 PM
I'm not lost, they are
Co.
Joined Jan 2005
1,253 Posts
Just got back from flying the fox until sundown in varied wind conditions. Was having issues going downwind and maintaing control authority. It could of been the conditions, but I think the cg at 50mm with a tail wind might not be the best of things. I was looking at the entire elevator and at least on mine it looks like it could use a shim or two on the rear bolt. Could just be me... Anyone else have any issues/thoughts on this. Thanks!
pullup! is offline Find More Posts by pullup!
Old Jun 02, 2011, 07:07 AM
prop wash
Joined Dec 2002
1,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pullup! View Post
I was looking at the entire elevator and at least on mine it looks like it could use a shim or two on the rear bolt. Could just be me... Anyone else have any issues/thoughts on this. Thanks!
The rear bolt
Are you referring to the control horn on the elevator?
I have noticed that the base plates of my control horn is digging into my
elevators EPO foam. A pair of thin hobby plywood pads larger then the horn , mounted on both sides would be a good idea.

The rear elevator is starting to worry me.
I have already had to install hinges due to the hing line splitting apart. I'm thinking of relocating and upgrading a servo at the back of the tail to control the elevator.

Glen

Glen
Old Jun 02, 2011, 07:34 AM
Joined Jan 2011
150 Posts
I don't have any probs with the elevator so far, but the steel that goes all the way back through the plane isn't the best/hardest/steadiest so that might be causing a problem, even if it's in one of those plastic holes.

However, I just started to also swap the rudder servo into the back - in order to have a better control of it and a better glide rate.

What is your glide rate by the way? I have the feeling that the one of my fox has decreased quite heavily..
jeanorwin is offline Find More Posts by jeanorwin
Old Jun 02, 2011, 08:13 AM
prop wash
Joined Dec 2002
1,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanorwin View Post
What is your glide rate by the way? I have the feeling that the one of my fox has decreased quite heavily..
I still need to get my CG set up correctly, I'm having to dial in up elevator to keep it from coming down to fast. It is effecting my glide ratio for sure.
Still need to move the CG back some, maybe to 47-48mm!?!?!?

I'm guessing your Fox is a bit heavier from the glue!
I have extra weight from gluing my wing tips back on after several tip stalls on "mode one" crashes during launching.

Now that I have the new mode two spektrum transmitter may launches are successful.

Glen
Old Jun 02, 2011, 09:14 AM
Joined Apr 2007
73 Posts
Quote:
Sorry about the suspense I forgot to post the definition.
The gentleman "lipoflyer" only has 1 post in this forum (I thought it was negative) therefor I referred to him as a "Short Time Forum User". Pop in, comment and leave, often never to be heard from again.
However, it is not my place to jump on someone if I do not agree, thus my apologies to "lipoflyer" and to "rhawk" for the misunderstanding, your input has been all positive and helpful.

Kerry
Thank you Kerry. Apology accepted, and I apologize if my feable attempt at humor appeared to be taunting Futaba over spektrum. Was not my intent in the least. I have appreciated your input on the Fox as well.

Hoping to fly tonite!....beautiful day here in Indiana.
rhawk1967 is offline Find More Posts by rhawk1967
Old Jun 02, 2011, 01:20 PM
Ant
Old Noob.
Joined Nov 2003
123 Posts
Quote:
The rear elevator is starting to worry me.
I have already had to install hinges due to the hing line splitting apart. I'm thinking of relocating and upgrading a servo at the back of the tail to control the elevator.
Do you know why this has started to split? Have you had some fluttering, or is it just from normal wear tear?

Jeanorwin's and tonywayne's experience have made me start to look at moving a servo back there for the elevator, and maybe adding some carbon to it.

I just ordered some metal gear servos from HK, maybe I will wait for those to get in before I seal everything back up.
Ant is offline Find More Posts by Ant