Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 19, 2012, 12:22 AM
Windsor, Canada, near Detroit
Joined Jul 2007
4,652 Posts
right on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawman View Post
You'll have better luck buying another Fox from HK than dealing with either of those.
i need the spinner/prop for the fox.
could anybody help me with a reliable source for this (not nitro models)?
thanks

i had a horrible experience with nitro models. i ordered from them several parts, (paid with paypal) but they shipped only partial and kept sending messages that the rest was on its way but never materialized. and after 45 days paypal does not refund money so i lost it. i sent them several messages but no answer.

but still i need the prop/spinner.
phil alvirez is offline Find More Posts by phil alvirez
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2012, 12:39 AM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil alvirez View Post
i need the spinner/prop for the fox.
could anybody help me with a reliable source for this (not nitro models)?
thanks

i had a horrible experience with nitro models. i ordered from them several parts, (paid with paypal) but they shipped only partial and kept sending messages that the rest was on its way but never materialized. and after 45 days paypal does not refund money so i lost it. i sent them several messages but no answer.

but still i need the prop/spinner.
I would suggest you find out what the motor shaft size, folding prop size and pitch is either from the manual or from searching this thread and buy the equivalent parts from HobbyKing or espritmodel.com. Nobody seems to have stock on any Fox parts.
xviper is online now Find More Posts by xviper
Old Sep 19, 2012, 07:10 AM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,696 Posts
Go to Search this thread and type in prop.

Here's one result - http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=5565
The prop is reported to be a 12x6 but check the posts in the search results.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Sep 19, 2012, 08:36 PM
United States, PA, Lebanon
Joined Oct 2007
206 Posts
Nitro Models Fox Glider

I just bought a new unflown 91" fox glider. Has anyone flown it with no modifications to rudder and horizontal stabilizer?

I read a few post on the thread and it seems like it wont fly good out of the box.

I plan on using a 2200 MA lipo in the battery compartment with a upgraded spinner and Aeronaut props for strenght over the stock blades.

It looks like fun flying glider.

Thanks for any inputs on the modifications. There soldout on nitroplanes.
Also what flight times are the average with the 2200 MA lipo?

Chris
ChrisFlysRC is online now Find More Posts by ChrisFlysRC
Last edited by ChrisFlysRC; Sep 19, 2012 at 09:28 PM.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 09:02 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,696 Posts
I have, it flies OK. Not a lot of rudder authority with the limited travel but it's OK.

With the horizontal stabilizer, see http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1610

cg - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1615 and http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1620

Hatch cover - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1612

Flying time - I'd get 4 power to altitude runs from an 1800mah pack.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 09:27 PM
Joined Oct 2007
206 Posts
Fox Glider

Thanks Hoppy,

I will look up your links you sent about the glider. Hopefully it will fly good in the cooler weather.
I might use a 2200 MA lipo.

Thanks

Chris
Old Sep 19, 2012, 09:34 PM
Joined Oct 2007
206 Posts
Fox Glider

Hoppy,

It looks like it has a wing tube for strength. Do the wings bolts or have pins in the fuselage similar to the Diamond 2500 due to the large wing span? The large wings they would need securely attached to the fuselage for any aerobatic manuvers.

I will secure the canopy with velcro of something to hold it on the airplane.

Also upon landing do the wingtips hit the ground? I might have to add some tape for protection from damage on landing from the club grass field.

Hopefully I can get 30 minutes plus for the flight times.

It looks like a good EPO large scale glider.

Chris
Last edited by ChrisFlysRC; Sep 19, 2012 at 09:39 PM.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:00 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,222 Posts
I fly mine with 2200, 3s bats, with some foam removed to move it back as far as I can without going into the next compartment and I still have 2 quarters glued to the tail to balance it out right.
The wings have 2 clamps each. Turn the screws to tighten the clamps around the wing tube. Once the wings are plugged in and you do up both wings' clamps, that holds the wings to the fuselage. They aren't going anywhere unless you crash. Don't over loosen when taking the wings off or the screw will lose the thread on the clamps and you'll have a heck of a time getting them threaded up again. Just loosen enough to slide the wings off.
If you land not level, the wingtips will hit the ground and it'll spin itself around. If you land level, one tip will touch just as it stops. You don't need to use tape unless you're just learning how to belly land a plane. There isn't a lot of weight on the wingtips anyway.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 09:29 PM
Joined Oct 2007
206 Posts
Fox RC Glider

Thanks xviper,

I read someone modified the rudder and elevator servos mounting them in the rear of the airplane with control rods. Is this modification necesssary?

I might have to check the full travel of the elevator and rudder before doing any mods.

It has a upgraded Aeronaut prop and spinner. It should be more durable than the stock version. I also plan on taking out the stock ESC due to reading where the ESC caught fire and the airplane almost burned.

It looks like a scale glider. Hopefully it floats and I dont run the battery down keeping it in the air.

Chris
Last edited by ChrisFlysRC; Sep 20, 2012 at 10:24 PM.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:29 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,222 Posts
Chris,
I flew mine (version 1) completely stock. I believe the current (version 2) one already has the servos in the tail. At least for me, having the servos in the fuse with the long rods has not been a problem. I find the rudder throw to be adequate but then, I don't use rudder that much anyway except for landing in cross winds. Elevator authority has never been a concern.
So far, the ESC has held up even with the occasional flight that is constantly powered (for aerobatics). I've flown it as a glider for upwards of an hour, using wind and updrafts instead of motor. That's when I get it up to about 1500 feet and find the right conditions.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 10:19 PM
United States, PA, Doylestown
Joined Sep 2012
9 Posts
Hi All. Flew my FOX V2 first flight last week. No mods. Controls predictable although just a little sluggish. Puchased from Banana Hobby and all parts now in stock. BTW great forum.
Stinkey Propwash is offline Find More Posts by Stinkey Propwash
Old Sep 23, 2012, 07:12 AM
Windsor, Canada, near Detroit
Joined Jul 2007
4,652 Posts
thanks for the link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkey Propwash View Post
Hi All. Flew my FOX V2 first flight last week. No mods. Controls predictable although just a little sluggish. Puchased from Banana Hobby and all parts now in stock. BTW great forum.
great! following your link, just ordered parts for the fox from banana hobby and they seem to have in stock what i need. i also ordered some 'pipe', as they call it, hopping it will be the carbon fiber tubing for the wing.
basically i am trying to get the original prop/spinner.
but i would like to hear if some1 has found a better prop/spinner for it.
i hope all goes well.
thanks again.
phil alvirez is offline Find More Posts by phil alvirez
Last edited by phil alvirez; Sep 23, 2012 at 08:48 AM.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 04:22 AM
But will it fly ??
Ireland, Dublin
Joined Apr 2010
167 Posts
Can somebody please post the chord width of the wings ...

If you dont understand me..Heres what I mean

Basically take one wing and measure the distance from the front to the back..
You will need to do this in 2 locations, the first is right at the fuselage from front of wing to back.. and the second is from the front tip of the wing to the back tip of wing.

Simple really... Oh I remembered something actually... Measuring the distance from front to back of wingtips is problematic so better off if you just find where you think you can get a better measurement, That will do.. Usually if you come in maybe an inch from the tips and measure there, that it will be perfect..

Reason I ask is.. I plan on buying the fox for fpv, but I need to calculate the wing area so I can work out, How much weight it can handle without letting the wings loose too much lift..

All the experienced guys here know what im after !!!

Thanks Lads..
3d addict is offline Find More Posts by 3d addict
Old Sep 27, 2012, 11:24 AM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,696 Posts
8 3/4" and 4"
Old Sep 27, 2012, 07:51 PM
But will it fly ??
Ireland, Dublin