HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 24, 2012, 10:27 AM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
Left wing down, attempt to roll right with right aileron command yielded no response from plane. As this happened once with the plane gliding at a high altitude with no elevator input, I wrote off stall at the time. I can't remember flying it any differently than the previous 8 flights which had no problems. Like Kerry mentioned, the first thing I tried upon reaching the plane was seeing if I had ailerons as the plane had reacted as if the aileron servos had stopped working.

Thanks for the thoughts, I'll havve to ponder on them and see if they might explain what happened.

This happened again on the last flight. A close examination showed the wings to be non-symmetrical. This probably (certainly) happened on my collision with the Lacrosse goal which caught the plane midway on each wing splitting one wing open as this problem started at this time. My repair job must have skewed the airfoil. It probably is a stall that is occurring well above the normal stall speed on the left wing. The problem is the stall is occurring at what I would call normal gliding air speeds. Under power it's OK.

Solution - new wings on the way.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
to remove ads between posts
Old May 24, 2012, 02:38 PM
Beating air into submission!
Joined Aug 2011
1,855 Posts
Hoppy the new wings are the best solution. Just check the take off weight of the model to make sure it has not put on too much mass from previous repairs. Weight will also increase the stall speeds.
GrahamWilson is offline Find More Posts by GrahamWilson
RCG Plus Member
Old May 25, 2012, 03:29 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,903 Posts
FWIW,
NitroPlanes has spare wings/fuselage/elevator/etc on sale. I hope they are not closing out the model.
Old May 27, 2012, 12:49 PM
Huesca, Spain
Joined Aug 2009
528 Posts
I did a couple more flights with the Fox this weekend and I think the CofG needs moving back further than 51mm, which is the current setting. I think I may go for 55mm and see what that does.

With power off the nose is still dropping noticably and I'm having to use lots of up trim to maintain level flight.

Steve.

PS. Had a great weekend of flying though...............

Fox 2 flights, ASW17 2 flights, Graupner Terry S 4 flights, Graupner UHU 4 flights, Telink Tetra 3 flights. And finally, maidened a Multiplex Fun Cub.

Very satisfying !
stevespana is online now Find More Posts by stevespana
Old Jun 02, 2012, 12:21 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,903 Posts
Spare parts wing fuselage elevator

Info for those wondering what parts come with a replacement part.

The Wings come with control horns and screws for them. Add your servo and you're ready to go.
The elevator also comes with the control horn parts and fuselage attachment screws
The fuselage has the motor mount installed, the rudder is hooked up, the control rods are in place waiting for your servos and motor to go in.
Old Jun 04, 2012, 04:41 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,903 Posts
HELP - Anyone using the Collet Type Spinner.

I'm to the step of attaching the motor to the motor mount and noticed the collet type folding prop spinner sits about 1/4-3/8" from the fuselage even with the motor shaft cut off some.

I assume this is par for the course but was wondering if anyone had a slick fix for this.
Old Jun 04, 2012, 05:18 PM
Windsor, Canada, near Detroit
Joined Jul 2007
4,877 Posts
Quote:
I'm to the step of attaching the motor to the motor mount and noticed the collet type folding prop spinner sits about 1/4-3/8" from the fuselage even with the motor shaft cut off some.

I assume this is par for the course but was wondering if anyone had a slick fix for this.
perhaps filling some of the space and still leaving some clearance for cooling, and using a smaller diameter spinner like 40mm?
i think helitime has talked about filling-in the space.
phil alvirez is offline Find More Posts by phil alvirez
Old Jun 04, 2012, 05:41 PM
Slow Flyer
Richmond, TX
Joined Apr 2008
3,236 Posts
Quote:
leaving some clearance for cooling
plus 1
Bombay is offline Find More Posts by Bombay
Old Jun 05, 2012, 06:56 AM
Pickering Ontario CANADA
Joined May 2010
779 Posts
Quote:

Hey Hoppy
See page 15 post #223
Kerry
Helitime is offline Find More Posts by Helitime
Old Jun 05, 2012, 08:40 AM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helitime View Post
Hey Hoppy
See page 15 post #223
Kerry
Now that's slick!

Excuse me while I go look through the waste cans.
Old Jun 05, 2012, 10:29 AM
Joined Jul 2007
4,877 Posts
diameter?

Quote:
Hey Hoppy
See page 15 post #223
Kerry
that looks great! thank you for bringing it.
and what diameter is that spinner on post 223? ideally the p/n?
thanks
Old Jun 05, 2012, 12:06 PM
Pickering Ontario CANADA
Joined May 2010
779 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil alvirez View Post
that looks great! thank you for bringing it.
and what diameter is that spinner on post 223? ideally the p/n?
thanks
Spinner:http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=5565
Helitime is offline Find More Posts by Helitime
Old Jun 05, 2012, 12:31 PM
Joined Jul 2007
4,877 Posts
right on

Quote:
thanks again, sir. that's the 1 i ordered following your advice before.
just to make sure.
Old Jun 05, 2012, 08:45 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,903 Posts
Remember the old story, when you asked the guy if you should replace or fix the car he says "fix it". Keep the radiator cap and replace everything else.

That's the way it is with my Fox - new body, new wings, new elevator, new cockpit cover, new spinner - kept the electronics/motor and scraped the rest.

Found a cardboard tube and used my 60/40 glue-water mix to waterproof it and now letting it dry. In the mean time, I installed the motor and after putting it all together that gap doesn't look too bad. I'll have to look at it again tomorrow. My spinner is 42mm and just a bit narrow so the 45mm should be perfect.
Old Jun 06, 2012, 11:29 AM
Joined Jul 2007
4,877 Posts
delivery time on lipos

ok, guys. i know this could be posted somewhere else but i have got a great raport here:
what is the maximum capacity that is allowed to send lipos (from hk-or any1 else) by air?
recently ordered some 1000 and 1300's from hk and it is taking way longer than usual.

thanks