SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by MADISONMaster, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 11:48 AM
France, Burgandy, Dijon
Joined Jun 2010
622 Posts
Discussion
F9F RC LANDER - Precautions for glue the Stabilizer

I noticed that if you glue the stabilizer without taking precautions of alignment, they lean to the right (front view ) (a noticed this on my three Panther's before glue) and it creates a tendency to go to left.
To avoid this, here is the principle of alignment that I used

For this operation, you must have the wing in place - Cut two identical pieces of foam - place them on each wing tip - Place a rule of 1 meter on the pieces of foam (rule or wand perfectly straight) - Verify that the distances wing tip to wing roots are equal to - Connect the wires of the stabilizer and secure them with tape - Recess stabilizer and test the servos before gluing - Take a weight with a piece of foam wedge
The device is ready and you can see from a long distance if the stabilizer is parallel to the wing - the perfect back to square with a small block of wood - You can glue the stabilizer and always look if the stabilizer is parallel to the wing
there may be a slot wide enough on one side - plug this gap with balsa - camouflage with a sticker -
MADISONMaster is offline Find More Posts by MADISONMaster
Last edited by MADISONMaster; Aug 31, 2010 at 12:07 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2010, 07:02 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
just pulled the trigger
called my local hobby shop.. He had one left and told him to keep it there and I will go in an hour to pick it up..
meanwhile some RCgroups reading won' tharm anybody.. thanks for the tips MAD.. this should be a sticky
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon